0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Yaxley Residents Association

<< 1 2 3 >>

Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
Re: Yaxley Residents Association
15th July 2011 at 3:59AM
So just who does run the YRA and what is their remit? Whoever and whatever it is they keep it close to their chest. Surely a residents association is just that but if they do not advertise the fact and respond to offers of assistance etc what is the sole purpose of it?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
14th September 2011 at 11:07AM
Having read the Yaxley Residents Association update in the Gazette, YRA still remains anonymous but apparently is in touch with Cllr Rees from the Parish Council. Why are there no contact details for us residents to reach YRA? Surely the whole point of a RA is to discuss issues affecting the area and obtain feedback not just read "titbits" in the Gazette.
jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
20th September 2011 at 4:58PM
I might have know our longest ever thread would be a political one !

For me the YRA was set up to directly counter the proposal for a travellers site and then Great Haddon.

There are a million more issues (both positive and negative) that we should be discussing as a village.

Could they hold an open meeting? Is there an appointed committee with officers we could approach?

This isn't a witch hunt, far from it. We all want what's best for the village and as this site gets on its feet I hope we can help in some small way.
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
21st September 2011 at 3:29PM
Hi Jimmy,

I quite agree that this isn't a witch hunt, but if a residents association exists for the residents then surely it should make itself accessible and accountable to us all?

I look forward hearing from them shortly! ;@)
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
3rd November 2011 at 4:34PM
Still no contact from the YRA, what a waste!
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
20th December 2011 at 2:50PM
If YRA want to remain anonymous then that's fine but surely the Parish Council should be more approachable and be the residents voice should it not? After all residents elected them in earlier in the year! Have you noticed any difference?
jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
20th December 2011 at 4:06PM
I am beginning to fear that whilst Great Haddon gets built, we will be sat on our hands.

Have tried dealing with Parish on a seperate matter without success.
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
21st December 2011 at 8:42AM
Hi Jimmy,

I have also had issues with the Parish not responding to problems, losing e-mails, denying receiving any correspondence etc...

It's worth contacting Cllrs direct as at least they can bring it to the attention of the whole council as I am sure most don't really know what does go on and are not aware of correspondence etc from parishioners.
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..