0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Yaxley Residents Association

<< 1 2 3 >>

jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
Yaxley Residents Association
27th May 2010 at 11:47AM
Looking through the Haddon thread got me thinking about the possible need for a residents association for the village.

I understand there were plans afoot to form a Lions group for charitable means (and if anyone has any news on that please let me know), but is there a place for residents to air their views in totality?

Please use this thread to discuss.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
thisuldo
Idler

thisuldo
Re: Yaxley Residents Association
27th May 2010 at 1:19PM
Jimmy,

This crosses over from my comments on the Hadden thread.

I'm not disagreeing with your comments as I believe in 'by the people, for the people' and we should have significant control over our own destiny. As such a Village Residents Association is what we need. However, isn't this the Parish Council remit as it is a democratically elected forum dedicated to local issues?

The need for a further committee to deliver on residents issues would suggest the Parish Council is failing.

Interested in your thoughts...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
1st June 2010 at 3:57AM
As a regular citizen I see the work that has been done over the years on Huntingdon (high street and outlying areas) and St Neots town and it feels Yaxley is the poor relation.

We dont have the facilities these places have. I am not making wild accusations that the council has failed as they can only spend what they have. I a merely speculating whether the two pronged approach of a residents association would help secure more funding if it brought together volunteers with appropriate skills.

vwsambaman
Forum Moderator

vwsambaman
1st June 2010 at 9:01AM, Edit: 14th June 2010 at 6:14AM by vwsambaman
I agree that there should be perhaps a more joined up coherent approach as to what this village needs in the likes of recreational facilities for all age groups.

This was what I thought the Village Plan was supposed to highlight (how much did that cost?) but two years after filling it in I still have yet to see what the results/suggestion were, although I have asked on numerous ocassions.

Together with the fact that certain amenities/fields etc were supposed to provide leisure facilities for all residents of the village but only cater for one element is also a sad state of affairs.

For this village to have grown to it's current size without the necessary infra-structure/facilities is a real shame and in my opinion a real backward step.

Until something is done Yaxley residents will continue to be the cash cow for HDC and CCC for little or no return and seen as mere tenants in the eyes of the PC
jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
21st June 2010 at 11:20AM
vwsambaman Wrote:

Until something is done Yaxley residents will continue to be the cash cow for HDC and CCC for little or no return and seen as mere tenants in the eyes of the PC

I am sorry to say it, but that feels bang on to me.

And rather than the council being defensive about residents groups trying to have a say and be part of the democratic process (still no reply to my email asking for a link to this forum...) they should be looking to help set one up.

No-one (to my knowledge) is saying the council are doing a bad job per se, merely that there is strength in numbers.
heyjude
Drifter
27th June 2010 at 2:14PM
We really need a Residents Association particularly at this time.   The Travellers/Gypsy site is a real issue and I hope everyone will get to that meeting on Thursday 1st July at Queens Hall.   If we don't get something done down it will be forced upon us by the back door, just as planning for houses in peoples gardens, and 300 houses over the allocated needs for the village have been done by HDC with the Parish Councellors doing nothing.   Perhaps they should think about the next election and those that won't help will find themselves not able to boast they are a Parish Councellor - however long they have been one!
vwsambaman
Forum Moderator

vwsambaman
28th June 2010 at 3:27AM, Edit: 28th June 2010 at 3:27AM by vwsambaman
Guest Wrote:

Perhaps they should think about the next election and those that won't help will find themselves not able to boast they are a Parish Councellor - however long they have been one!

You would like to think wouldn't you, but don't hold your breath, pop down to one of the Council's meetings, Billy Smarts rings a bell ;@)
vwsambaman
Forum Moderator

vwsambaman
28th June 2010 at 4:00AM
I totally agree we really need to be looking at setting up a Residents Association for the village now more than ever.
jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
12th July 2010 at 11:50AM
I have posted on the Yaxley Residents website so hopefully we can work in alignment to make things happen.

The passion and commitment is there to make a change.

No to Great Haddon and cutting off the A15 and no to other situations being imposed on the residents without consultation.

If I wanted to live in a suburb of Peterborough I would move to Hampton.
R.A.I.D
Drifter
14th July 2010 at 1:40AM
R.A.I.D (Residents Against Inappropriate Development)will be collecting donations out side the village meeting from 5.30pm on Thursday to pay for our planning expert to appose the planned site.

We will also be asking the residents to sign a petition.
Kris
Drifter
Local Council
14th July 2010 at 3:37AM
Interesting article published in the ET on Wed 07 July on
“Consultation on proposed changes at local council ” it stated
“Residents of Yaxley,Farcet,Sawtry and Huntingdon are being asked for their views about proposals to change the management of their local councils. HDC is inviting the public to send in their views on whether the council should be led by an executive leader – a councillor elected by the council from among its members – or an elected mayor, elected by the public who then chooses their cabinet.”
Find full article on ET web site
What a surprise there is a deadline for comments July 31
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..