A Village in Cambridgeshire

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Elections

<< 1 2 >>

Joe
Drifter
Elections
2nd March 2012 at 11:51AM
Who is up for election this May? Not heard much to be honest. Is there even an election?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
Re: Elections
6th March 2012 at 4:21PM
As far as I am aware there are no local elections this year.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
21st March 2012 at 5:03PM
Apparently there is an election for a District Councillor in Yaxley and Farcet, nominations are to be in by the 4th April.
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
11th April 2012 at 8:45AM
Candidates for the upcoming District elections are....

COCHRANE
Margaret
3 Roman Way, Stilton, Peterborough, PE7 3RU
The Labour Party Candidate

HYLAND
Barry
Limetrees Cottage, Milk and Water Drove, Farcet Fen, Peterborough, PE7 3DZ
UK Independence Party (UK I P)

OLIVER
Mark Charles
203 Broadway, Yaxley, Peterborough, PE7 3NT
Conservative Party Candidate

WAITES
Chris
Swallow Cottage, 4, Middle Row Cottages, Haddon, PE7 3TR
Liberal Democrat
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
17th May 2012 at 8:47AM
There is an election on June 14th for a Parish Councillor.

The nominations are

Gary Mold 16 Wolseley Close, Yaxley, Cambridgeshire, PE7 3ZU

and

Mark Oliver 203 Broadway, Yaxley, Peterborough

Mr Oliver is a newly elected district councillor, in my opinion it would be good for the village to have an independent Councillor voted in to represent our views / needs not a district councillor with a political allegiance. Like I say thats my opinion.
Ann Rees Yaxley Pari
Drifter
22nd May 2012 at 8:01AM
I think you should think of the Village, this election has been called by people opposing the Queens Park Recreation ground (A facility that cost the Villages of Yaxley resedents nothing and is a benefit to Yaxley)I do hope peole will realise that the people who called an election,all from around the Queens parkn area have cost the Village 7,000.00 thats how much yaxley have to pay to call an election,a much needed amount of money to get more facilities and replacments in the village,all the candidate had to do was send in a letter to the council and the place would have been alloted that way with not costto the village, even more monetry loss this group have cost the village thousands so far, when is it going to stop, and let us get on with making our village better for people to live in/
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
22nd May 2012 at 4:12PM, Edit: 23rd May 2012 at 9:10AM by Fairplay
This is such a blinkered view, this election has nothing to do with peoples so called "opposition" of Queens Park. It is a democratic right to follow the correct procedure in standing for election rather than for a friend / aquaintance to be co-opted onto the council. As for sending in a letter what if more than one had done so who would have been selected hmmm?. Yes the election may cost in the region of 7,000. You say this group have cost the village thousands so far, check your facts as I understand it is was the way the the Parish Council went about not gaining planning permission and themselves spending thousands yes thousands of pounds Cllr Rees defying HDC Planning Depts stipulations and the Planning Inspectorate! As a tax paying resident and local business man I do make it my business to find out what is going on, obtaining the correct information/facts and find out where our money is being spent. From what I can make out and I dont have any affiliation to this group is that the Queens Park facility is a bit of a white elephant and that alone is costing us tax-payers thousands more to maintain. Thanks a lot.
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
7th June 2012 at 3:11PM
There is an election on June 14th for a Parish Councillor.

The nominations are

Gary Mold 16 Wolseley Close, Yaxley, Cambridgeshire, PE7 3ZU

and

Mark Oliver 203 Broadway, Yaxley, Peterborough

Make your vote count!!!!!!!!!!

Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
12th June 2012 at 1:11PM, Edit: 12th June 2012 at 1:13PM by Fairplay
Don't forget Parish Council elections on Thursday 14th June. Vote Gary Mold if you want your voice heard!

See the Yaxley Gazette June issue for biography.
jimmythecuckoo
Area Admin

jimmythecuckoo
13th June 2012 at 3:07PM
Have seen a poster advertising Mr Oliver... but what are the credentials of the candidates?

Anyone had any literature?
Fairplay
Forum Moderator

Fairplay
13th June 2012 at 4:32PM, Edit: 13th June 2012 at 4:35PM by Fairplay
No literature as such, although someone (i believe Cllr Rees) was handing out torn! flyers (outside Fourfields School) from Cllr Olivers last election as District Councillor desperately trying to get people to vote for him.

The Parish Council appear to be frightened of change and dread that someone else will be elected to represent the villagers interests.

As previously said there is a small biog of Gary Mold in this months Yaxley Gazette.

Vote wisely!
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..