A Park in Hazel Grove

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Torky skatepark damage

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

local
Drifter
Re: Torky skatepark damage
9th June 2012 at 5:53PM
Wasnít this piece of equipment funded by the Friends of Torkington Park?
Does this not mean itís not council owned any repairs should be funded by FOTP not the tax payer?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
10th June 2012 at 1:01AM
The last post may be a fair point, I have no idea to be honest who should be picking up the bill for its maintenance and safety aspect. maybe Adora could give an answer
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
10th June 2012 at 10:51AM
To be honest Local, I dont know who is responsible but have been told by one of my sons friends that my son wad skating down and hid foot went down a hole (not sure if he went through rotten wood or existing hole) nd fell off the side of the ramp.

The truth is that someone needs to take responsibility to sort it one way or the other otherwise there are going to be more potentially worse accidents.

I know the site is gated hence why I am not apportioning blame, but the simple fact is there are lots of kids on it.

I would imagine that even if it was funded by the Friends Of Torky Park, it would still have been commissioned by the council as its on public land. I would also say that to me and I am no expert but it looks like a real shoddy piece of equipment not really suitable for heavy duty outdoor use

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: trolling/flamebait

Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
11th June 2012 at 9:08AM
Surely if the place is unsafe they should either fix it, properly close it off (so kids cant get in) or tear it down!

Otherwise i can see some kid coming a cropper and their parents will sue! It's only a matter of time, i can actually think of a few people who would probably do their best to get their kids to use (with figures crossed for a nice pay out)!
Melysia
Drifter
15th June 2012 at 10:20PM
The skate park has been damaged and 'locked for safety' for months. People who want to use the ramps that haven't been damaged climb over and use them anyway.

It doesn't matter who uses the equipment, as it's MEANT to be used of course; what they look like, smell like or if they 'need' a hair cut.

It IS used and valued by lot's of people so it should therefore be fixed. Wooden ramps invite vandalism and common sense would indicate that the kids using the equipment wouldn't destroy it. It's obviously passing scrotes or drunken adults. I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm sure that whoever is responsile for the maintenance of the equipment could just go along on a Saturday and ask the kids using the ramps which material would be best to use. Of course with other expertise, I'm sure that a conclusion can drawn from a bit of effort.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
17th June 2012 at 10:56AM
Been on hols I`ll report back as soon as I have anything to report.
Kids should not be getting in here, although no matter how good the fencing they will, I know back in the mists of time I did still doesn`1t make it right though,
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
17th June 2012 at 7:13PM
They definitely will get in if all that's there to stop them is a three foot fence!
Look at it this way if someone got in and hurt themselves when all that's there to stop them is a fence most people could clear with a jump, then any claim for compo would probably ne won!
It's not right that people can win such cases but as we know they can and do!
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
18th June 2012 at 10:46AM

The three foot fence with padlocked gates means nowt when you stand and watch fully grown adults lift their child over it! Must have seen this happen 20 times or more.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
18th June 2012 at 5:04PM
New surfaces are being constructed today. Works should be completed for the weekend.

I`d love to know why this is my fault? as one poster says. It isn`t, but it is my problem, which is being fixed today.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>