A Park in Hazel Grove

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

torky park sunday

itsme
Villager

itsme
torky park sunday
20th June 2011 at 7:02AM
Great afternoon yesterday with churches together singing in Torky Park was like a live concert.
Not keen on some of what they were singing but a lovely change to see all those people enjoying the sunshine and the music it even got 2 of our Councillors joining in with over 150 people attending.
Going to the Duck race next Sun hope the weather is good. Its nice that people are doing something other than moaning
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
3dez
Drifter
Re: torky park sunday
21st June 2011 at 3:48AM
I heard the band playing and they were ok, but they're from 1 church and must have been half the age of everyone else there.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Area Admin

Adora
22nd June 2011 at 2:56PM

Glad you enjoyed it itsme. I think 'Churches Together' run a number of events around HG including a New Year Party for some of the Grove's elderly residents and that kind of thing. Encouraging that all the churches in the Grove do link up with each other throughout the year to provide events for residents.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
23rd June 2011 at 10:37AM
I was there along with cllr Corris and it was great to see churches banding together in harmony (forgive the puns) instead of the conflict that religion sometimes causes. Personally comunity events that bring different sections of the community together are to be encouraged.

Looking forward to the duck race on Sunday and Carnival in a couple of weeks
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
23rd June 2011 at 11:16AM
Aye duck race should be fun - I know we've entered a couple.

Unfortunately I'm away for the Carnival with it being slightly earlier this year but I've done my bit with the sponsored walk which I must say was a fantastic day.

Tagged With..