A Park in Hazel Grove

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Torkington Park

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Concerned Resid
Drifter
Torkington Park
27th March 2010 at 9:53PM
Upon arriving home from work at around 10:30pm Thursday night I decided to take my dog for a late night walk. I live quite near to Torkington Park and with it being a Thursday i felt safe going on at this time and letting my dog run around a bit.
I was walking near the mental institution and heard a noise in the bushes near by, my dog started to bark at it as well. Naturally i was scared as I was alone. When i went to get my dog who was near the bush and put her back on her lead to leave I made out what was in the bush.
It was two grown men engaging in sexual acts together. Each to their own but it think public sex homosexual or not is a pretty disgusting thing to do in a public park.
Anyone else seen anything suspicious lately?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
PVish
Drifter
Re: Torkington Park
28th March 2010 at 10:09AM
Bless them! They've gone to a quiet spot, not expecting to see anyone at that time, away from prying eyes and are not harming anyone. They're not doing drugs, pushing drugs, vandalising the park, hurting anyone else at all.

No children around at that time, to be traumatized for life or if there were children around, two lads having it away in the bushes would be the least of their worries.

Sorry, I'm just not affected by this at all and I'm certainly not concerned by it.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Concerned Resid
Drifter
28th March 2010 at 12:21PM
I forgot to mention one of the more burlier looking of the two men exposed himself to me after getting back up from off his knees
netti
Townsperson

netti
28th March 2010 at 12:38PM
I don't wish to be rude but you say you were scared, but you seen to have taken your time moving away from what you didn't want to see.

If i heard a noise in the park and it was dark i would be on my heels to safety and dog would follow!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
28th March 2010 at 1:36PM
At the end of the day to have sex in a public place such as a park is a crime and I have to say it is not on. What people do in the privacy of their own homes regardless of sexual orientation is none of our business but when they take it outside of that into the public sphere then it becomes a slightly different issue.

People have no right to have sex in public places and I am sure parents would be less willing to let their children play out in the early evenings if they thought the local park was frequented by men and women having very public sex.
PVish
Drifter
28th March 2010 at 2:25PM
10.30pm at night is not early evening.

In the bushes up near the main house is not a v.e.r.y. public place.

Live and let live. They meant no harm.

If Torkington Resid. is female, I don't think she was in much danger from two homosexual men.

If Torkington Resid. is male, it might be a different story.

If you choose to walk your dog in a darkened park at that time of night, you are going to stumble upon some odd scenes!
Locket
Drifter
28th March 2010 at 3:16PM
I am more angry at "concerned residents" reference to the mental institution, I assume he means the mental health unit in Torkington Lodge. I am sure I am not the only person who has received excellent treatment from this unit and believe me my condition isn't helped by small minded people using references like this. Maybe they should take a look at their own lives before making comments about things they know nothing about.
Rant over!
GPC1981
Drifter
28th March 2010 at 3:38PM
I agree with Netti, why didn't you run if you were so scared??? Also, I am a young burly lad, but I would never dream of walking my dogs 10:30pm at night round an unlit park!! I don't think he exposed himself to you, you probably scared him and he was doing his trousers up.
Live and let live - there are worse things going on in the grove nowadays!!!
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
28th March 2010 at 5:09PM
Get a grip Locket! How is refering to one form of mental health 'unit' by the name of an other offensive or small minded?
Especially when they are virtually the same thing!
I'm pretty sure no offence was ment!

On the subject of the lewd acts in the park! I have to say that athough i personaly don't think its a 'serious' issue, i do think it's an issue!
Regardless of my views on homosexuals (which i'll admit are a little old fashioned) it's illegal, and for good reason! If it wasn't then everyone (or atleast a lot of people) would be at it!

What posible excuse would someone have for not having sex at home, or in a hotel, etc.

People have a right to walk in a park at any time they like without being confronted by a couple going at it in a bush!

And attitudes like "theres worse things happening in the grove" are one of the reasons it's getting worse all the time! And do not make the smaller issues any less!

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

PVish
Drifter
28th March 2010 at 5:33PM
Being homosexual is illegal Coleman? Where have you been hiding for the last 30 years? LOLOLOLOL.

I think telling a person who has just hinted at their own mental health history to "Get a grip!" is a bit insensitive to be honest. Calm down and engage brain before typing.

Mental Institution is not the same as a mental health unit. It isn't another name for the same thing. They are entirely different things. I agree, I don't think Concerned Res. meant offense by using this term but at the same time, offense was caused because of ignorance.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>