0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Torkington Park after 5pm

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
Re: Torkington Park after 5pm
12th July 2011 at 9:19AM
There's a fine line between kid's being kid's and being yobs!

I along with my mates were terrible as tanagers, but we always knew where to draw the line. And we weren't stupid enough to do anything that could get us in trouble whilst wearing a school uniform!

In my book groups hanging around and even the swearing is nothing really, providing its not aimed directly at anyone. But throwing rubbish around and damaging things is over stepping that mark.

In which case they need to be punished and the only option is to report the behaviour!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
slim
Townsperson

slim
12th July 2011 at 9:55AM
is there any where for teenagers to go in the evenings youth clubs etc ? i don't think there is i am not condoning there behaviour but there probably bored to death.
Jozee
Townsperson

Jozee
12th July 2011 at 10:45AM
slim Wrote:

is there any where for teenagers to go in the evenings youth clubs etc ? i don't think there is i am not condoning there behaviour but there probably bored to death.

Yes, there is stuff. Admittedly not all sports, clubs, youth clubs, scouts, drama groups, etc aren't particularly cheap, but there is stuff to do, if people want to find it. And there's one thing for sure there is a heck of a lot more to entertain them than in my day!

And I don't care what anyone says boredom is absolutely no excuse for destroying things, vandalising things, etc. If thats what kids want to do then maybe there aren't any clubs or activities that they will enjoy anyway.
Drifter
12th July 2011 at 11:14AM
jozee, where does it say that the teenagers were destroying playground equipment,abusing etc adults ?
The first post said messing with play ground equipment.
That could mean many things !

As a teenager did you never drop litter , swear or hung around a park with your mates ?

Think peoples reactions are over the top Or they arent streetwise
where are teenagers surpose to go ?
There in a recreational area to be used by everyone,
but my child wont go on the park because theres to many dogs around without leads on !!!
but weve had this topic before , so wont go there !!!
At least there not hanging around your road !
Jozee
Townsperson

Jozee
12th July 2011 at 12:45PM
Guest Wrote:

jozee, where does it say that the teenagers were destroying playground equipment,abusing etc adults ?

As a teenager did you never drop litter , swear or hung around a park with your mates ?

but my child wont go on the park because theres to many dogs around without leads on !!!

I was referring to my point about my friend and his encounter on 2 occasions with the same group of teenager last week. Read back through the first page of this thread. They were being destructive with new playground equipment in a park in the Grove. When he challenged them on 2 occasions he was met with a mouthful of abuse. Does that answer your point?

I have never said they shouldn't be in the park... but if there is often a complete lack of respect for people or property. If they aren't challenged about behaving in an acceptable way then we are in a slippery slope.
As for Torkington Park I have been in there when young children including my own, have felt intimidated by those on the skate park (despite our kids being with us).
In my opinion its about everyone using the park but respect others too. Whether its kids swearing, adults dropping litter, or inconsiderate dog owners who don't clear up.

And a final point.... No, I actually don't think I ever deliberately threw litter around. Its a pet hate of mine and I was brought up to use a bin or take it home with me. I would have been too scared to get caught dropping litter. Guess times change.
elfa
Villager

elfa
12th July 2011 at 1:24PM
This lack of respect stems from some parents not teaching their children right from wrong, from an early age. In fact there are some people who aren't fit to have children in the first place.
slim
Townsperson

slim
12th July 2011 at 6:21PM
hi jozee what i meant are there council run facilities at affordable prices for these kids i don't know as i am getting to be a bit of an old git now.
when i was a kid there seemed to be lots of things to do other than hanging around parks being a nuisance.
hanging about being a nuisance was just an added pleasure that we felt(as being rebels) we had to do.
Climate
Drifter
12th July 2011 at 7:03PM
Guest Wrote:

That was my point on the last page but my post hasn't been released.

Jozee clearly just likes to add rubbish and inaccuracies so people take it all in as fact but thankfully some of us can see between the smoke and mirrors of her posts.

The fact that there is NOTHING to show who these people were but she clings onto the fact that they are the same group as those she says chucked abuse at people elsewhere just shows that her posts have as much weight to them as a feathers fart in space...

Take her posts with a pinch of salt.

I still want to know why someone is walking a dog in a skate park? Answers on a postcard to;

Mr I M Notsupposedtobehere,
Letting my dog crap everywhere street,
Old folks home.
Hazel Grove.
S40 6IT.
NorburyNewlywed
Villager

NorburyNewlywed
13th July 2011 at 4:55AM
Guest Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

I take it that everyone who has commented on this topic were angels when they were teenagers ?

My point exactly.

This must be one of the lamest threads to have ever cropped up on here.

Why walk your dog by a skate park, isn't there enough room to walk the damn thing? What does one expect to find at a skate park, a nature reserve and fluffy bunnies playing charades?

I bet these sad moaners would rather have the kids walking the streets, playing knock a door run and garden hopping.

Then going out of their way to try to get them into trouble is VERY low, especially as the original poster clearly wasn't at the facility to use it anyway!?!

Have you never been to Torky Park? The path around goes right next to the skate park.
deano
Drifter
13th July 2011 at 7:36AM
what an earth has the head teacher got to do with it at hghs if it is out of school hours ??? they might have a uniform on but the headteacher has no say in what they do when they leave the school grounds..the answer is simple we need more police to patrol the areas but due to the cutbacks that will never happen.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>