0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Torkington Park after 5pm

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: Torkington Park after 5pm
12th July 2011 at 5:30AM
"I stand by my suggestion, I hear the current HGHS head is a right piece of work so have no doubt that she will take action if kids are causing trouble whilst wearing the uniform. the head would and often did when i was there years ago."

Ms Nolan is not one to be taken lightly, doing a excellent job in my opinion.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
local
Drifter
12th July 2011 at 6:55AM
In reality, what do action do you expect the head of HGHS to take?

outside of school hours they have no power, regardless of wearing the uniform or not

Drifter
12th July 2011 at 7:22AM
I take it that everyone who has commented on this topic were angels when they were teenagers ?
NorburyNewlywed
Villager

NorburyNewlywed
12th July 2011 at 7:24AM
Guest Wrote:

In reality, what do action do you expect the head of HGHS to take?

outside of school hours they have no power, regardless of wearing the uniform or not

Anything from a quiet word, through detention, up to and including suspension from school. As I recall they can do all of that whether you're in uniform or not, in or out of school.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
12th July 2011 at 8:24AM
BlueGrover Wrote:

"I stand by my suggestion, I hear the current HGHS head is a right piece of work so have no doubt that she will take action if kids are causing trouble whilst wearing the uniform. the head would and often did when i was there years ago."

Ms Nolan is not one to be taken lightly, doing a excellent job in my opinion.

Believe me, that is not a unanimous opinion, especially with parents and even teachers!
Jozee
Townsperson

Jozee
12th July 2011 at 8:53AM
Guest Wrote:

I take it that everyone who has commented on this topic were angels when they were teenagers ?

Nope I was not an 'angel', but I wouldn't hurl abuse at adults or throw cans or litter around a park. And I certainly would have been careful what I did in my school uniform!
Nor would I have thought it was acceptable to destroy new play equipment in a park.

Yes, teenagers have, do and probably always will get up to mischief and push the boundaries, but sometimes they overstep the mark and need to be pulled up for it, otherwise it can escalate to the drunken yobbery of a few years ago that the councillor mentioned.
Climate
Drifter
12th July 2011 at 8:58AM
Guest Wrote:

My point exactly.

This must be one of the lamest threads to have ever cropped up on here.

Why walk your dog by a skate park, isn't there enough room to walk the damn thing? What does one expect to find at a skate park, a nature reserve and fluffy bunnies playing charades?

I bet these sad moaners would rather have the kids walking the streets, playing knock a door run and garden hopping.

Then going out of their way to try to get them into trouble is VERY low, especially as the original poster clearly wasn't at the facility to use it anyway!?!

Jozee
Townsperson

Jozee
12th July 2011 at 9:06AM
Guest Wrote:

I bet these sad moaners would rather have the kids walking the streets, playing knock a door run and garden hopping.

Then going out of their way to try to get them into trouble is VERY low, especially as the original poster clearly wasn't at the facility to use it anyway!?!

I take it you pay council tax? So, its OK that the council spend your money on providing brand new play equipment for parks and then teenagers are allowed a free for all to damage it. I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.
Climate
Drifter
12th July 2011 at 9:19AM
Jozee Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

I take it you pay council tax? So, its OK that the council spend your money on providing brand new play equipment for parks and then teenagers are allowed a free for all to damage it. I don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

You need to learn how to read. You have filled the gaps in and expanded this story with falsification and lies.

Show me where the original poster said anything about them damaging things? Show me where they said anything about throwing abuse at adults? Stop making up complete rubbish.

If my money is spent on skate parcs then fine, it keeps them in a known place, gives them something to do and is their 'own space'. There is a sodding great big parc for dogs to walk and crap, why do they think they have some right to walk a dog at a facility that clearly isn't what it's designed for? Would you walk a dog around a race track?

As I say. Sad old 'twitchers' with nothing better to do. It's those types that get their phones out and sticking their noses into things that end up getting happy slapped.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>