0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Torkington Fair

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Alex Kenny
Drifter
Torkington Fair
7th July 2007 at 11:45AM
I am writing to complain about the STATE of Torkington Park since The Moscow STATE Circus, was there.
I know the weather has been bad but the ground was so churned up its a mess.
Now I believe that the annual Torkington Fair is unable to come to town this year! Which will be a dissapointment to lots of people who look forward to it all year.
As a 15 year old I along with most of my friends are very annoyed at this, and wonder if the mess on the park could have been avoided.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

cllr kevin hogg
Drifter
Re: Torkington Fair
9th July 2007 at 2:46PM
It was impossible to hold the fair this year. Mind you we were lucky we didn`t get the amount of rain in Sheffield and Hull. The Carnival may be cancelled as well we will know Tues I will update you then.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

GillB
Townsperson

GillB
10th July 2007 at 2:23PM
Thank you for letting us know Adora, I was getting quite worried the Carnival wouldn't take place.

Its a shame the Fair wasn't able to take place but it would be even worse if the Carnival was forced to cancel.

I just hope the turn out is as good as last year even though the Carnival is servilely limited.

Drifter
28th August 2007 at 10:22AM
It is Tuesday the 28th August and the fair has just arrived at Torkington Park i know this to be true as i have just seen the havoc it has caused on the A6. Wot a way to finish the hols more idiots to contend with for the next week or so before they go bach to scool.Before someone has a go at me i am not talking about the people that run the fair, im talking about the kids (little darlings)that like to course mayhem.
Belvoir
Drifter
28th August 2007 at 2:47PM
Whoopee!!
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
29th August 2007 at 3:40AM
Guest Wrote:

It is Tuesday the 28th August and the fair has just arrived at Torkington Park i know this to be true as i have just seen the havoc it has caused on the A6. Wot a way to finish the hols more idiots to contend with for the next week or so before they go bach to scool.Before someone has a go at me i am not talking about the people that run the fair, im talking about the kids (little darlings)that like to course mayhem.

Brilliant work on behalf of the council! First the bloody circus, now the fair.
Local football teams pay a tidy sum for the use of the pitches, I bet there won't be a rebate.
Sarky
Drifter
29th August 2007 at 6:11AM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

Brilliant work on behalf of the council! First the bloody circus, now the fair.
Local football teams pay a tidy sum for the use of the pitches, I bet there won't be a rebate.

Hi blue,
From what i have seen they are not on the football pitch it has got some sort of fencing round it, my husband said he saw the council on there with some sort of machine going over where it was damaged, but i do agree with you.
(bet your thinking that's a first).Council and rebate don't go hand in hand.

This post has been deleted by the author.

<< 1 2 3 >>