0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Carnival

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
Carnival
10th July 2012 at 10:55PM
Looks like the carnival events at Torky Park this weekend are off. Parade still goes ahead
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
Re: Carnival
11th July 2012 at 8:59AM
That's a shame! Presumably it's weather related?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
11th July 2012 at 9:28AM
I don't know the exact details (saw it on Twitter so it must be true :doh:) but I suspect that the fair last weekend made a mess of the fields and with the subsequent weather recently and then the forecast for Friday and the weekend I don't think the ground will be suitable or safe.
peterdevine123
Journalist

peterdevine123
11th July 2012 at 12:56PM, Edit: 11th July 2012 at 12:59PM by peterdevine123
The Hazel Grove Carnival parade will definitely go ahead on Saturday.

Parade organisers are hoping that Grovers will turn out in force to help raise lots of money for local charities, with the event on the park, hopefully, following in August, subject to agreement with the local authority.

The parade leaves Highfield Road on Saturday at 1pm and will travel via Sandringham Road and Torkington Road, arriving outside the park at 2.30pm.

The crowning of the Hazel Grove Carnival Queen will take place at Hazel Grove Civic Hall at 3pm. The crowning will be carried out by Councillor Kevin Hogg.

For more details go to: http://menmedia.co.uk/stockportexpress/news/s/1583190_hazel-grove-parade-to-go-on-despite-bad-weather-causing-cancellation-of-field-events
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
11th July 2012 at 1:02PM
Another photo opp. for our Councillor!

Rather than Clr Hogg why not get one of the sacked lollypoppers....they're more worthy to give the honour of the crowning
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th July 2012 at 2:29PM
The real photo opportunity is for all lollipop folks to turn up (plus a few others dressed accordingly perhaps) and stand alongside Hogg for the photo. Perhaps their Union (Unison?) should/could set this up.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
11th July 2012 at 3:21PM
I like the idea of that....photo opp. with clr Hogg with egg on his face....literally ?

I may turn up now!
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th July 2012 at 4:02PM
LOL. Based on our ward election votes this year 1668 Conservative and 724 Labour voters may want to throw some eggs, but I suspect some of the 1736 Lib Dem voters will feel like joining in as well. The Guinness Book of Records must be interested in this :smile-big: