Touching distance

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

sundave
Townsperson

sundave
Re: Touching distance
9th May 2012 at 1:46PM
I see the american oldham athletic fan from stockport is sticking his nose in again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
9th May 2012 at 3:51PM
Limecat Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

Now you have opened up the easy jibe about southern supporters of MUFC. City fans are only jeaslous that we have fans outside the Manchester area and in fact we have the biggest fan base in the world.

Don't even know where this post is going, it was about the fact Man City are close to buying the premiership.
Remember how you felt when Utd won the title in 1993 after a 26 year gap? Well thats the feeling I hope to have on Sunday.

I'm sure you will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be a great day to see City fans crying after counting their chickens.

Then hopefully the Arab will get bored and pull the string so you can get back into the third tier of English football where you belong, chanting about crap players like Goater.
I would like to give a eight point answer to this post, but can't be bothered!
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
9th May 2012 at 4:49PM
This post started off with Bluegrover questioning whether 44 years of hurt are about to end. Time will tell and if it is, i for one will be the first to congratulate City on their title. I have given plenty of Blues stick over the years and I am big enough to take it back. In fact i have given BlueGrover stick over the years so I KNOW i am going to have to take it back ( a little suprised though as only a few weeks ago on Facebook he mentioned that "its now cricket season", football seemed to have slipped his mind ;))

As for the County fans, I too went to EP on a Friday night, i sang with the County fans and always looked out for their results. However, as i got older i witnessed the hatred towards the red and blue corners, it seemed to evolve as friday night football went and only the County Diehards stayed onboard. If the County fans want to have a go at anyone then maybe it should be the FA and Sky as that is when the lower divsion teams started to suffer - Friday night football was great for County attendances during some pretty torrid times for the club - the seventies and eighties saw them re-elected a number of times i recall. Live televised football didn't help you guys.
For the record, I am red, i have lived in the Grove since the early seventies, i was however born in Manchester as were my parents and their parents before them. I shouldnt have to keep apologising and explaining this to every County fan i meet!!! - i will support who i bloody want. My sons were both born in the grove, they are reds, should they be automatically Stockport fans or is there something wrong in following the club that their dad, granddad and great grandads support or supported just because we have moved 8 miles up the A6

As for the money argument - its totally irrelevant, yes City have spent millions, as did Chelsea before them. United did although under slightly different circumstances but during the period leading up to Chelseas cash influx United did have more spending power than the rest and of course that contributed to winning the league so many times. The difference was the odd big signing each season as opposed to many in two season - whats the difference? not much in my book. Good luck Utd this weekend and if it aint to be then well done City, over 38 games whoever finishes top deserves the plaudits
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
9th May 2012 at 4:52PM
Oh and to all the Grove County fans, maybe you should follow your local team, they play on Torkington Park most saturdays during the season, i believe they go under the name Hazel Grove United!!!
Limecat
Banned
9th May 2012 at 5:09PM
BlueGrover Wrote:

Limecat Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

Now you have opened up the easy jibe about southern supporters of MUFC. City fans are only jeaslous that we have fans outside the Manchester area and in fact we have the biggest fan base in the world.

Don't even know where this post is going, it was about the fact Man City are close to buying the premiership.
Remember how you felt when Utd won the title in 1993 after a 26 year gap? Well thats the feeling I hope to have on Sunday.

I'm sure you will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It will be a great day to see City fans crying after counting their chickens.

Then hopefully the Arab will get bored and pull the string so you can get back into the third tier of English football where you belong, chanting about crap players like Goater.

Truth be known it isn't that you can't be bothered, it's because you are a bonafide City fan so cannot count beyond a hands worth of fingers. That's why you couldn't get to points 7 or 8...
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
9th May 2012 at 5:20PM
Limecat Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Limecat Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Robot69 Wrote:

Truth be known it isn't that you can't be bothered, it's because you are a bonafide City fan so cannot count beyond a hands worth of fingers. That's why you couldn't get to points 7 or 8...
Two fingers would probably cover it......
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Limecat
Banned
9th May 2012 at 7:46PM
One for each ear to block out the laughter?

You know you're in for a hiding when your own fans don't even believe this 'blue moon rising' rubbish, hence why they still have references to the sun in their username...
sundave
Townsperson

sundave
9th May 2012 at 11:24PM
I keep the reference to the sun in my username because of my sunny disposition, I support Man City thanks to my family who are all mancs born and bred, I was born in Openshaw and my sister was born in Prestwich, my dads family were all from Rusholme and Moss Side and my mums family were from Gorton.

The Blue Moon is rising and will continue to do so for many a year, it's a good time to be Blue, I was lucky enough to be around in the 60s and watch great football and I consider myself lucky to be around now to see it again.

I hope Oldham Athletic are aware that they have a truly amazing supporter from over the pond and I would like to think that they give you a special welcome every time you grace the stadium with your presence.

You do go don't you?

See there's that sunny disposition for you.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Limecat
Banned
10th May 2012 at 8:27AM
I had a season ticket for 8 years, I used to go to most away matches too. I was at the FA Cup semi final at Wembley in 94, I was at the cup match against Newcastle just after they had spanked ManUre 5-0 (AFPMSL). We lost 1-0 but it was the best game I have ever watched, felt like it only lasted 5 minutes.

I have watched a fair few Nottingham Forest, Blackburn and City matches too. Infact, at Blackburn vs City we were offered 400 for each of our tickets in the Blackburn stand by City fans who wanted to see them promoted.

I'm not as fussed as I used to be if truth be known. I would post pictures but as Admin is a prat that's a pointless exercise.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
10th May 2012 at 8:36AM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

This post started off with Bluegrover questioning whether 44 years of hurt are about to end. Time will tell and if it is, i for one will be the first to congratulate City on their title. I have given plenty of Blues stick over the years and I am big enough to take it back. In fact i have given BlueGrover stick over the years so I KNOW i am going to have to take it back ( a little suprised though as only a few weeks ago on Facebook he mentioned that "its now cricket season", football seemed to have slipped his mind ;))

As for the County fans, I too went to EP on a Friday night, i sang with the County fans and always looked out for their results. However, as i got older i witnessed the hatred towards the red and blue corners, it seemed to evolve as friday night football went and only the County Diehards stayed onboard. If the County fans want to have a go at anyone then maybe it should be the FA and Sky as that is when the lower divsion teams started to suffer - Friday night football was great for County attendances during some pretty torrid times for the club - the seventies and eighties saw them re-elected a number of times i recall. Live televised football didn't help you guys.
For the record, I am red, i have lived in the Grove since the early seventies, i was however born in Manchester as were my parents and their parents before them. I shouldnt have to keep apologising and explaining this to every County fan i meet!!! - i will support who i bloody want. My sons were both born in the grove, they are reds, should they be automatically Stockport fans or is there something wrong in following the club that their dad, granddad and great grandads support or supported just because we have moved 8 miles up the A6

As for the money argument - its totally irrelevant, yes City have spent millions, as did Chelsea before them. United did although under slightly different circumstances but during the period leading up to Chelseas cash influx United did have more spending power than the rest and of course that contributed to winning the league so many times. The difference was the odd big signing each season as opposed to many in two season - whats the difference? not much in my book. Good luck Utd this weekend and if it aint to be then well done City, over 38 games whoever finishes top deserves the plaudits
Well TB, given the wet way the cricket season has started, the poor displays by LCCC and the fact my box new boots have yet to see the light of day, it's a good job football is still here!
ps roll on the Euro's!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>