BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: Touching distance
7th May 2012 at 12:01PM
slim Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Drifter Wrote:

There I was thinking Hazel Grove was in Stockport....
And there I was thinking Stockport were a league club.........

cheap shot blue its not so long ago city were a club in crisis.
as for the title deciders you couldn't have wrote the script better city play against the ex manager who imo they didn't treat to well and is fighting to keep his team in the premiership so hes well up for it.
and man utd have to get a result against man utd old boys.
utd best performer of the season had a poor week end but i'm sure howard webb will bounce right back.
There was a time when my Friday's were at EP and Saturdays were at Maine Rd. But the attitude of many County fans towards Utd and City made me spend my money elsewhere.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
sundave
Townsperson

sundave
7th May 2012 at 3:17PM
Spot on Blue, when City went down nobody laughed louder than County fans.

Not laughing now are they!
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
7th May 2012 at 6:18PM
sundave Wrote:

Limecat Wrote:

I will wet myself silly if Hughes parks the bus just to annoy his former employers and to stop them from buying the Premiership.

Come on QPR!

Typical Yank knows nowt about football, but likes to get involved.

Bit like the Glazers!

I must be missing something, Lymie is correct in his analysis. Hughes has a point to score (pardon the pun) and I'm sure SAF will be giving Sparky a ring during the week!
Glory hunter
Drifter
7th May 2012 at 6:30PM
So let me get this right blue grover didn't like the banter from county fans towards the red and blue half of Manchester so he started following city!!
But you don't mind the banter that city fans give to man utd fans?from the outside it looks to me like somebody's a glory hunter and should learn that the banter is all part of football, Stockport county need all the support they're local residents should give them rather than support a team that's propped up on an arabs wallet!!
Personally I don't think city are that stupid enough to lose the title on the last day of the season but stranger things have happened like players walking out on they're clubs then coming back and still having fans support!!!!!!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Arthur Brownlow
Drifter
7th May 2012 at 8:45PM
So you should only support your local team if theyre winning?. Well done you must be very proud!

sundave
Townsperson

sundave
7th May 2012 at 9:01PM
The reference to money never goes away does it.
Haters will always hate no matter what.

What's with the glory hunter handle, i've been going to City since i was 6yrs old and i'm 58 now, i've seen glory and i've seen hell and i'm still there and i reckon Blue isn't any different.

For the record i too went to county when i was a youngster, i used to go with a friend and his dad, until one friday night my friends dad said i couldn't go with them anymore because he found out i was a regular at Maine Rd, my dad had a word with him in the pub and he came round the next friday to see if i wanted to go to EP, i told him to get st%$*ed, it was worth getting a clip round the ear off my dad just to see his face.

County fans you reap what you sow!!!!!!!!!

Arthur Brownlow
Drifter
7th May 2012 at 9:02PM
Oh yeah we loved it...still do, but loyal to the end.

Not seen this many City fans happy since they supported Chelsea.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
8th May 2012 at 7:50AM
Drifter Wrote:

So let me get this right blue grover didn't like the banter from county fans towards the red and blue half of Manchester so he started following city!!
But you don't mind the banter that city fans give to man utd fans?from the outside it looks to me like somebody's a glory hunter and should learn that the banter is all part of football, Stockport county need all the support they're local residents should give them rather than support a team that's propped up on an arabs wallet!!
Personally I don't think city are that stupid enough to lose the title on the last day of the season but stranger things have happened like players walking out on they're clubs then coming back and still having fans support!!!!!!
Let me clear up the confusion; I was taken to Maine Rd in 1965 when City were in the old 2nd Division, they became my club. I had friends who were County fans and part of the Friday night beer process involved going to EP. Arthur B, I can name the greats and not so greats of SCFC, but as time went by(80's)County fans were showing great joy at the demise of City, I just stopped going.
I've been to Wembley with County, watched them away at Southport, Crewe etc in the 70's,I have my badge.
But glory hunter........watching City away on a wet Tuesday night in Lincoln, home defeats by Wycombe and County, allow me my moment in the sun if we win on Sunday.As for banter, bring it on!
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
8th May 2012 at 8:59AM, Edit: 8th May 2012 at 8:59AM by Coleman
sundave Wrote:

The reference to money never goes away does it.

Because it's valid! You can't buy your way to success and expect people not to be irritated by it!

If City do win the league (almost a certainty now, i have to admit/accept) then it will be a hollow victory when its been bought and paid for! But hey, you blues have to take them where you can get them!

The only solace is that i firmly believe you will just become another Chelsea! We dealt with them, and they were a decent side before the money.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
Nemo
Drifter
8th May 2012 at 8:59AM
Like many blues,for me and a few mates, it was Friday night at night at E.P and Saturday at Maine Road,and I've been A blue through thin and thinner, and yes , since the Sheiks massive investment, we have bought a team to win trophies but that's no different to what Chelsea or United did not so long ago, so I don't understand all the sour grapes from you none blues,so for Gods sake give it a rest, lets not forget, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and at Newcastle she was only clearing her throat.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>