A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Stockport Times Newspaper

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Drifter
Stockport Times Newspaper
5th May 2011 at 1:55PM
I often read with interest the letters page in the local paper. This week four letters have been published in total – two about peoples discontent with the closure of Torky Tip/waste collection services, and one about the wretched ASDA road works in the Grove.

I wonder if William Hill will start taking bets on how long it will take our Hazel Grove Cllr “Representatives” to actually “listen” and do something concerning the tip/re-cycling gaffe, and ASDA roadwork’s farce, that the local community will appreciate and value. William?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
Re: Stockport Times Newspaper
5th May 2011 at 4:03PM
You have more chance of seeing the Titanic re-floated ;-).
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Climate
Drifter
5th May 2011 at 4:18PM
As a matter of interest, what do you think a councillor should do and more to the point what power do you feel that they hold over a nigh-on 200 BILLION dollar company?

It would be like farting in an attempt to stop a hurricane...
Jeffb
Drifter
5th May 2011 at 4:46PM
Makes me wonder why we have these councillors if they can't do anything for us!
Climate
Drifter
5th May 2011 at 5:50PM
Guest Wrote:

What should they do?

Pull carnival acts and fireworks out of their arse? Maybe put a special anti-crime screen over the area or just invent a product that makes dog poo explode when it touches a pavement?

People on here really make my skin crawl. EVERYTHING bad in the World is due to a councillor. Some of you lot really need to go outside of your garden or your commute to work and experience life. The utter CRAP that some of you cry about is cringe worthy and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
wotnot
Townsperson

wotnot
5th May 2011 at 6:31PM
Guest Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

What should they do?

Pull carnival acts and fireworks out of their arse? Maybe put a special anti-crime screen over the area or just invent a product that makes dog poo explode when it touches a pavement?

People on here really make my skin crawl. EVERYTHING bad in the World is due to a councillor. Some of you lot really need to go outside of your garden or your commute to work and experience life. The utter CRAP that some of you cry about is cringe worthy and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

OMG!! who do you think you are climate?..people have opinions and are entitled to them....and for your information, councillors are there to fight for their community...taxes are paid for a reason and for your information, I commute & i'm not ashamed of myself for expecting the representatives to do their job!!!!!....do you commute to work?, you seem to spend an awful lot of time on here ;)
Drifter
6th May 2011 at 2:11AM
Guest Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

What should they do?

You should also learn some basic manners. And, why do the admin's of this forum allow you to use foul language?

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Drifter
6th May 2011 at 2:45AM
Climate wrote: “As a matter of interest, what do you think a councillor should do and more to the point what power do you feel that they hold over a nigh-on 200 BILLION dollar company?”

Climate thee of little faith in what your Councillor can and should be doing for you .......The people of the Grove stopped a billion pound company from erecting a mobile phone mast with a little help from a Councillor (so I am led to believe), so anything’s possible.....

I believe that ASDA are blaming the council for the delays citing “difficulties in scheduling and planning the road works necessary to complete”. If this is true then surely one of our Councillors’s should be speaking to the Council on our behalf and voicing our objections they could surely cite the interests of public safety.

I don’t think it is good enough just to hear one of our Councillors’s giving a sweeping statement that the pavement (and the huge trench) outside ASDA has been made secure from the public and just leaving it at that. The pavement is for the public and is the PUBLIC’S right of way under highway law and not ASDA’s to do as they chose and when, just because they are a billion dollar company. So sorry to disagree I think one of our Councillor’s could do more....If William gets in perhaps he might be prepared to campaign on our behalf which is what should have happened a long time ago.
Climate
Drifter
6th May 2011 at 4:16PM
wotnot Wrote:

OMG!! who do you think you are climate?..people have opinions and are entitled to them....and for your information, councillors are there to fight for their community...taxes are paid for a reason and for your information, I commute & i'm not ashamed of myself for expecting the representatives to do their job!!!!!....do you commute to work?, you seem to spend an awful lot of time on here ;)

You can call me Sir.

I'm glad people have opinions, even if they aren't as valid or water-tight as mine... You are starting to learn though, I am getting some opinions from you all so that's a start!

I do indeed commute to work, infact as from Tuesday I shall be commuting to Leeds each day but you have misinterpreted the point I was making albeit it was in satire. I was suggesting that people have nothing outside of their '9 to 5 bubble' to occupy their minds other than a damn store on the A6!

Guest Wrote:

You should also learn some basic manners. And, why do the admin's of this forum allow you to use foul language?

I have basic manners thanks. You seem to have me confused with someone else? You see, this is a bulletin board, it's sole purpose is for an exchange of views in the form of text. I do that in a sometimes frank manner but at least I do it in a tangible way that has my thoughts and opinions attributed to myself. Come back crying Wolf when you have a username ok?   

Guest Wrote:

Climate wrote: “As a matter of interest, what do you think a councillor should do and more to the point what power do you feel that they hold over a nigh-on 200 BILLION dollar company?”

Climate thee of little faith in what your Councillor can and should be doing for you .......The people of the Grove stopped a billion pound company from erecting a mobile phone mast with a little help from a Councillor (so I am led to believe), so anything’s possible.....

I believe that ASDA are blaming the council for the delays citing “difficulties in scheduling and planning the road works necessary to complete”. If this is true then surely one of our Councillors’s should be speaking to the Council on our behalf and voicing our objections they could surely cite the interests of public safety.

I don’t think it is good enough just to hear one of our Councillors’s giving a sweeping statement that the pavement (and the huge trench) outside ASDA has been made secure from the public and just leaving it at that. The pavement is for the public and is the PUBLIC’S right of way under highway law and not ASDA’s to do as they chose and when, just because they are a billion dollar company. So sorry to disagree I think one of our Councillor’s could do more....If William gets in perhaps he might be prepared to campaign on our behalf which is what should have happened a long time ago.

There is a World of difference between getting a mast thrown out at a planning stage and forcing work to go through at pace due to some moaning locals AFTER planning permission has been granted. I don't claim to be an expert on these matters, far from it but I do believe that planning is granted on the basis that work commences within a certain timeframe of permission being granted? Work has started.

People on here act as if they are ready to hang draw and quarter people over a few roadworks. Councillors don't have a crystal ball so they cannot predict this sort of stuff but people seem to act as if they are accountable for other peoples failings?

Come on councillors, get your hard hats on, rent a steam-roller and a pickaxe, this is all your fault...

Some people on here, mainly 'guest' to be honest, cry on like I am the most intolerant person in the World but that's far from the case. This shows I don't expect people to perform miracles and acknowledge that people, excluding myself of course, are only human. Think of me as an advocate of common sense.
Drifter
6th May 2011 at 4:45PM
Guest Wrote:

Think of me as an advocate of common sense.

Only in your bed time dreams Climate
<< 1 2 3 >>