Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Stockport Sucks

Jinn
Drifter
Stockport Sucks
13th August 2009 at 7:18PM
There is not one good thing about Stockport. The best thing is the A6 road taking you straight out of there. The place is full of the worst people with the lowest standards. The town is a blight on the UK.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Pogle
Villager

Pogle
Re: Stockport Sucks
4th February 2010 at 5:41PM
Care to say why Jinn? I take it you're not from Stockpers, maybe some delightful place like Levenshulme or Longsight or one of the other lovely places the A6 takes you to.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
mono
Idler

mono
13th February 2010 at 4:35PM, Edit: 20th February 2010 at 3:54PM by Administrator
well! so much to say so little space to do so. The worst thing i discovered in my time in stockport is the casual yet vitriolic rascism that i heard DAILY without fail. Did you know some of the communist manifesto was based on social study of stkprt? Fact is i have spent more than a fleeting time in many places & can say without doubt Stockport us the ugliest, dumbest, greyest, lifeless , uncultured, rascist backwater there is. Perhaps you could have more fun in a favela?             Stockport? [deleted by administrator] *** **** ********* ***** ****[deleted by administrator]
Spidergran
Idler

Spidergran
22nd March 2010 at 7:12AM
Hang on, guys ... it's a bit of a grumpy place, true enough. But perhaps there's too many grumpy residents like your goodselves who don't realise they can do something about it. For one thing, if you meet someone without a smile, give them one. Secondly, exercise zero tolerance and report racism or anti-social behaviour. You will make a difference because the Council and the Police have to record reports which in turn feeds into their action planning. If they don't know about transgressions they cannot tackle them. As to the market, I remember the market when it was thriving. Footfall dropped off because of mega-markets like TESCO and shoppers choosing to shop there. The Council at present has not got what it takes to innovate the use of the market. In the meantime, I get my veg, meat and bread at the market whenever I can. I am also always on the lookout for things that are not boring and mass-produced like super-market tat. So cheer up ... the end is nigh.
limeydog
Idler

limeydog
11th April 2010 at 7:17PM
you have obviously never been to Swindon!
miniminch
Idler

miniminch
6th November 2010 at 6:49AM
Yes Stockport is in the doldrums but you can see the potential oozing from the place. I live at Romiley which is quite beautiful. We need to get rid of Mersey way, open up the rivers, clean them. Design a new shopping centre and night life with easy and FREE parking.
In and around Stockport we have the money and the type of people to make stockport great most choose to go elsewhere. Investmant is required but I believe it would be greatly worth while.

Part of..