Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Stockport Carnival 2009

Tina
Drifter
Stockport Carnival 2009
29th May 2009 at 10:02PM
The carnival this year will be on the Saturday 25th July 2009 and should be a lovely day out for all the family.

My Children are part of the Carnival Royality and look forward to seeing you all there, as we raise money for various local charities.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Kmaddison
Idler

Kmaddison
Re: Stockport Carnival 2009
16th June 2009 at 10:05AM
I don't know if anyone can help. I'm getting married at Stockport town hall at 1.15pm on the 25th July. I'm trying to find out what roads are closing and at what time, so i can organise the wedding car to get me there in time. If anyone has any details, I would be very grateful if you could reply to this forum.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
ark80
Idler

ark80
29th June 2009 at 9:04AM
A6 normally closed off from 1-2pm in a cascade from Belmont Way at 1pm so you may be ok getting to the registry office I would aim to get there just before 1 and you should be fine
traceyw
Idler

traceyw
30th June 2009 at 6:21AM
Hi I was just wondering if you could tell me a little more about the Carnival Royality you are involved in and wondered how I go about joining/involved if im able to? Im hoping to collect for "The Harleyslack fund" ( you can view the site by putting this into google ) not sure if you have heard about this fund - its the little boy from Hazel grove who has lost his 4 limbs to meningitis Septasemia he has been on the front of the Stockport Express, MEN, Daily Mail and the Daily express the family need to raise 1ook each year to pay for Prospectic limbs for Harley. We are currently doing lots of fundraising for harley but I wanted to do something at the carnival but im not sure who i need to contact hope you can help
many thanks
Tracey
lauraa
Unverified

lauraa
25th July 2009 at 5:50AM
HI..WHERE DOES THE CARNIVAL START THIS YEAR...&+ WHERE DOES IT END UP ??
26th July 2009 at 6:16AM, Edit: 26th July 2009 at 6:18AM by SimonAntony
If anyone is interested, i've taken a whole load of pictures when the carnival arrived at Woodbank Park yesterday, they are available at my website:

http://www.simonantony.co.uk/client-gallery/stockport-carnival-july-25th-2009/

Enjoy

Simon

Part of..