Sale Sharks move to Salford.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: Sale Sharks move to Salford.
4th April 2012 at 6:34PM

Move to Salford confirmed:- http://www.salesharks.com/ClubNewsDetail/article/2721106/name/Sale%20Sharks%20to%20move%20to%20Salford%20City%20Stadium

"Edgeley Park will continue to be a safe and welcoming home ground for Stockport County.They will still be playing their home games there and they now have the opportunity to control all revenue and costs at the ground as it reverts once again to being a venue solely for football.We look forward to assisting them so that their recent resurgence under Jim Gannon can continue."

Hmmm...until they sell it to pay for lease etc at Salford? <cynic>

Sale's original ground in, funnily enough, Sale, wasn't big enough. Edgeley Park doubled it but they never filled it to capacity. I wonder if the move closer to their birth place will encourage more supporters? My season ticket won't be renewed - too much of a trek and not on a bus route, so no beer, no watchy!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
4th April 2012 at 6:44PM
I believe attendances to be below what they were expecting! Looks a nice ground tho'
Glen
Drifter
4th April 2012 at 10:17PM
I know a lot of people didnt agree with the council sponsoring county when the money could have been spent on keeping jobs across Stockport etc which I think is a fair point but does anyone know if Stockport council have thought about purchasing the ground and leasing it out to county abit like city and Manchester council sort of thing?
And does the council have that sort of money?
I hope county will survive these bad times and have a feeling gannon will help the club out of the bad times on the pitch!
<< 1 2 >>