Sale Sharks move to Salford.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Sale Sharks move to Salford.
3rd April 2012 at 9:45PM

So, press conference tomorrow, to be held at that new stadium opposite the Trafford Centre. Would seem obvious then that Sharks are movong there. (Boooo).

Wonder what will become of Edgeley Park and Stockport County now then?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Nemo
Drifter
Re: Sale Sharks move to Salford.
3rd April 2012 at 10:04PM
Probably the best ground in the Stockport Sunday league :(
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
3rd April 2012 at 11:06PM
Business as usual without a cut up pitch on a Saturday
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
3rd April 2012 at 11:08PM

Sharks own it I think. So "business as usual" for County might not be the case?
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
3rd April 2012 at 11:13PM
No they don't, Lord Snape owns County
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
3rd April 2012 at 11:16PM

Who's Lord Snape?

I thought Sale Sharks, owned by Cheshire Sport, were the company that owns Edgeley Park?
Limecat
Banned
3rd April 2012 at 11:47PM
Who cares?

County are crap anyway. LMAO.
Drifter
4th April 2012 at 2:08AM
Quote from Wikipedia:

"Peter Charles Snape, Baron Snape (born 12 February 1942) is a Labour Party politician in the United Kingdom. He served as Member of Parliament (MP) for West Bromwich East until he stood down in the 2001 election. He is the current Chairman of his hometown football club, Stockport County, as well as a major shareholder in the club.

He once lived at Greenwood Gardens, Bredbury and was a railwayman and Bredbury and Romiley Urban District councillor representing Bredbury South ward. He was elected as Labour Member of Parliament for West Bromwich East in 1974, after which he moved to live in Buglawton. He retained links with the Bredbury area, serving for a time as a director of Stockport County football club, which he is now once again as of 2010. He held a number of government posts."

Outsider looking in
Drifter
4th April 2012 at 6:29AM
When the stadium at Trafford began to be kitted out the writing was on the wall.....why would Salford "Reds" have half the seating installed in "blue" unless Sale were moving there?
It's a very sad state of affairs for County as I now worry that the stadium will be dropped and housing will replace it - this was a rumour on the grape vine but I have no idea how much truth there is in it.
Sale are very fickle - they moved from their ground in Sale to Stockport and are now off to Trafford - wonder if the fans will make the move with them again?
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
4th April 2012 at 9:18AM
As i understand it sale sharks' parent company does indeed own Edgeley park and Stockport County are simply tenants. That was certainly the case a few years ago.

I suspect if the ground was sold to anyone it wouldn't be SCFC since there is no way in the world they would ever afford it!

As for the Sharks moving, it's been unconfirmed common knowledge for some time that they would be moving to Trafford!

Personally if it were me i'd sell Edgeley park to developers and use the cash to build a ground somewhere else in Stockport more fitting with SCFC's stature. Maybe a 5000 seater that could be used by the community in some way.

I'm sure the money made from the sale of EP could be topped up by some nice grants etc. I'd even be in support of the council adding to the pot if it were to help the community at large!
slim
Townsperson

slim
4th April 2012 at 9:41AM
Brian kennedy has stated that he will allow S.C.F.C to remain playing at edgeley park but for how long ? its a run down ageing stadium in need of renovation i think its only a matter of time before its sold for housing what happens to county then.
I fear stockport county will soon be finished as a professional club and will have to drop down the leagues as did chester.
<< 1 2 >>