PET WAREHOUSE BROKEN INTO

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

linda27
Townsperson

linda27
PET WAREHOUSE BROKEN INTO
4th January 2012 at 8:22AM
Michelle Pilkington
I have some pretty devastating news, I'm afraid. Stockport Pet Warehouse was broken into last night, and the scumbags smashed the place up, took the animals, the beautiful tame galah cockatoo, and even the croc! Hopefully, some of this can be recovered because this filth are going to find it hard to shift a yellow 'conda and a croc. We all know what was in there, so keep an eye out on all the classifieds (esp. the scummy ones like gumtree), and be ready to point the finger of suspicion at everyone!

if anyone has information please message chris lusby ( facebook ), anthony disbury ( facebook ) or stockport pet warehouse directly.
LikeUnlike · ·Follow postUnfollow post · 13 hours ago
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
Re: PET WAREHOUSE BROKEN INTO
4th January 2012 at 11:12AM
Oh yeah I heard about this. It boggles my mind a little what they're planning to do with a 5ft Croc which the owners of the shop class as dangerous. Also heard 2 of the birds taken were pets being minded whilst customers were on holiday.. Infact I heard all of this here..

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1469520_crocodile-among-100-exotic-animals-stolen-from-stockport-pet-store?rss=yes&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
deano
Drifter
4th January 2012 at 4:19PM
i used to live around the hallam street area and it is full of thieving scumbags,my house got broken in to as well as the neighbours and cars and vans constantly vandalised.a neighbours van got broken in to 3 times looking for tools even though he had a sign on it saying nothing was left in it.i lost count of fights i saw and also a local shopkeeper slashed across the face...it will never change round that area which is a pity because it has alot of decent people that live there.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
4th January 2012 at 8:13PM

Why did they have a crocodile in there in the first place? Genuine question - who keeps a croc as a pet - and just where do they keep it?

I can imagine some drunk old raver down the Bamboo, last orders on a Saturday night and desperate to cop off saying, "D'ya wanna see my bearded dragon?"
Expert
Drifter
4th January 2012 at 11:00PM
I saw the reports on the box last night. Funny looking crocodile. The picture they showed was of an alligator.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
4th January 2012 at 11:06PM

Hands up - I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference, Expert!

Anyway, just watched the news and apparently, the croc was dropped back off at the shop, along with many of the other critters. They were left outside this morning apparently. Oh, to have seen the milkman's face when he strolled by <snigger>

TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
5th January 2012 at 2:40PM, Edit: 5th January 2012 at 2:46PM by Adora
I believe this is a snap of the Caimen..

Not sure if this link will work like.

JoJo
Villager

JoJo
7th January 2012 at 5:23PM
I'm friends with Jon and Paul who own SPW. The caiman and a bunch of other animals were left outside the shop and Jon discovered them, the caiman is now safely back in his enclosure.

Absolutely gutted that this has happened but they seem to have sorted the shop out and got back to business, just hope they manage to recover the rest of the missing animals - particularly the ones that were on 'holiday'.

Adora - there are actually a fair few people who keep caiman in the UK. Jon and Paul keep theirs in a locked vivarium in the middle of the shop, but other people who keep them at home sometimes dedicate a whole room to theirs. If you check out the Dangerous Wild Animals (DWA) section on Reptile Forums UK then you can see some pics :)
Expert
Drifter
7th January 2012 at 8:22PM
I can understand the confusion! A croc. has a pointed snout whereas an alligator has a blunt/squared off snout. I'm not sure about a caymen.

Now - The BBC originally referred to it as a croc. and showed the picture here -http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16434770 - Since its been returned the article says its a caymen whereas the headline now says its an alligator! I think we can assume its definitely not a croc. Confused?
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
9th January 2012 at 11:09AM, Edit: 9th January 2012 at 1:18PM by Adora
Thanks JoJo - I had a look at that forum. The folk on there are discussing this robbery too. There's a right discussion (row) going on about how the pet shop keep the croc (its enclosure).

Still baffled as to how you love a pet croc! (Caiman, alligator, what ever!)
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
10th January 2012 at 8:17AM, Edit: 10th January 2012 at 8:44AM by Adora
Just had a look at that forum, think someone was after a lost croc last week??

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report