Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

more than a third of shops are empty Stockport top

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>

HG-21
Banned
Re: more than a third of shops are empty Stockport
11th February 2012 at 9:56AM
Drifter Wrote:

i know many people who have lost their jobs and cannot get work in the stockport area.it will get worse and worse and it dosnt take a expert to work out that primark will be the reason even more shops close because people will go there buying cheaper clothes as the situation gets worse.

There are jobs in Stockport fact. Tesco are always hiring, the Peel Centre, ASDA, new Sainsburys etc.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
deano
Drifter
11th February 2012 at 4:52PM
great jobs at that hg-21,try running a house and family on the wages they pay,just out of interest what do you do for a living ?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
HG-21
Banned
11th February 2012 at 10:08PM
Is some income not better than no income?

Minimum wage is 6.08 - Assuming these employers pay 10% more than this so let's say 6.68 from a shop. On a 37.5 hour week that would be 250.50 per week. A salary of 13,026. After tax on a monthly basis they would take home 935. You say family so I would assume there are two adults in the house - with one working part time/receiving statutory maternity payments? So total monthly take home income around 1402.

Although not ideal I would like to think that is liveable - Don't really want to list all outgoings etc but surely its better than what the dole, tax credits etc pay. And it's keeping your work history up - which looks good when whatever industry they work in brings?

The long and short of it I work in recruitment - so do have a good knowledge of the trends.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Torky Resident
Drifter
12th February 2012 at 9:29PM
Free parking is really important to me and since the end car park at PC World started charging I've not been back. I now try and shop online.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
12th February 2012 at 9:33PM
Seriously?

Having to pay a pound to park is enough to make you shop online when you would have used the shops?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Torky Resident
Drifter
12th February 2012 at 10:12PM
Not forgetting the petrol and the traffic is terrible. Yes it has completely changed my shopping habits. You have to put the extra 1 onto your purchase price. I hate paying for parking, many people do.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Belvoir
Townsperson

Belvoir
13th February 2012 at 9:32AM
I usually park at Asda or Matalan xx theres always something you need and get your 1 back!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
deano
Drifter
13th February 2012 at 12:39PM
HG-21 Wrote:

Is some income not better than no income?

Minimum wage is 6.08 - Assuming these employers pay 10% more than this so let's say 6.68 from a shop. On a 37.5 hour week that would be 250.50 per week. A salary of 13,026. After tax on a monthly basis they would take home 935. You say family so I would assume there are two adults in the house - with one working part time/receiving statutory maternity payments? So total monthly take home income around 1402.

do you think 2 adults and 2 children paying a mortgage
can live on 1402 a month?? as david cameron you sre out of touch with reality..dont think just because you are ok other people are getting by.
Although not ideal I would like to think that is liveable - Don't really want to list all outgoings etc but surely its better than what the dole, tax credits etc pay. And it's keeping your work history up - which looks good when whatever industry they work in brings?

The long and short of it I work in recruitment - so do have a good knowledge of the trends.

well you dont know the trends that well as i need 30k a year to support my family and earning 6.08 an hour does not cut the mustard.just because you can survive on a crap wage dont think other people can.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
HG-21
Banned
13th February 2012 at 5:51PM
Oh, touched a nerve have we?

Firstly we weren't talking about you sweetheart, you were talking about other people you know.

Secondly read the very first line of my post, I'll write it again as your memory seems to run out when you read too much information.

"Is some income not better than no income?"

I assume you earn more than 30k if that what it takes to run your family? Come back when you're paying big boys tax and then we'll have a chat ;)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Limecat
Banned
13th February 2012 at 5:57PM
BANG!

Home run.

HG-21 leads by 7 points to nil...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>