Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Memories of Stockport

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

CiviCr
CiviCr

CiviCr
Memories of Stockport
23rd March 2008 at 5:30PM
This page is a collection of people's memories of Stockport.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
CRYSTAL
Idler

CRYSTAL
Re: Memories of Stockport
2nd November 2010 at 2:51PM, Edit: 2nd November 2010 at 2:55PM by CRYSTAL
MY FONDEST MEMORIES ARE OF STOCKPORT IN THE 1960S,I REMEMBER SHOPPING ON PRINCES ST, ESPECIALLY HENRYS STORE,THEY SOLD EVERYTHING,AND THE MARKET PLACE,MATHERS PET SHOP,AND CASTLE YARD,WINTERS JEWELLERS ON UNDERBANK HOLDS A LOT OF MEMORIES,AS IT IS WHERE MY HUDBAND AND I CHOSE MY WEDDING RING IN 1967.IT IS STILL LIKE BRAND NEW.RUSSELLS CURTAIN SHOP WAS ALSO ON UNDERBANK,THERE WAS ALSO A SHOP THAT SOLD LADIES BLOUSES ,I THINK IT WAS NEXT TO GREENWOODS MENS SHOP?DOES ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER THESE SHOPS?ALSO DIANA,S HAIRDRESSERS AND DRESS SHOP .I ALSO REMEMBER BEFORE THEY BUILT THE BUS STATION WE HAD TO CATCH THE BUS IN MERSEY SQ,DO YOU REMEMBER THE CINEMAS? ,THE PLAZA,THE RITZ,THE ESSOLDO,AND THE SUPER.WE SAW ALL THE FILMS OF THE DAY.HAPPY DAYS
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
julie28
Idler

julie28
Re: Memories of Stockport
17th August 2011 at 3:54PM
yes i remember those shops very well, we also did shopping in stockport. do you remember also the shops on princes street, royce china and gifts, ballerina for stockings and tights, madam hetties dress shop.and caprice hairdressers above madam hetties, on the precinct there was nield and hardy(you could listen to latest music in there) linda barrie clothes, burtons menswear, ellis sykes for household goods on princes street, othello menswear at side of woolworths and bhs, on underbank there was redmans grocers and cafe, townsends butchers, good old days, bring it on.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

Part of..