10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Dirty takeaways and restaurants.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
Dirty takeaways and restaurants.
19th July 2013 at 12:42AM
Stockport ranked as the dirtiest place to eat out – with 20 outlets given a zero rating following inspections by food safety bosses. I have had takeaways from a couple of these places. I feel sick. Check it out on MEN.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: Dirty takeaways and restaurants.
19th July 2013 at 9:42AM
I can't find anything on the website? How about a link?

To be honest these rankings or rating they dish out are incredibly inconsistent, although that said a zero is universally bad!

You would be amazed at how bad some places are though, and i know of a few places that in my opinion are rated much higher than they deserve!
2Tony
Villager

2Tony
19th July 2013 at 12:18PM
The one named worst of the bunch was Hell's Kitchen on Higher Hillgate. The owner denied all reports & said she would carry on business as usual. Funny enough the shutters are all down this week & im told they will stay that way !!!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th July 2013 at 3:52PM
I saw that article on Stockport expresss website a few weeks ago, I seem to remember Somone saying its very dubious as the council vet some places and not others and it was showing places like community like centres where volunteers or people who hire the function rooms out while other places like the town halls catering or hospitals,schools etc aren't in it?
I didn't read it too much as personally I go to the places I know or friends recommend, people in Stockport generally know which places to avoid from trial and error or word of mouth,I had to clear the rear yard of a takeaway in levenshulme for the property agent a few months ago and the kebab house had just been dumping all they're grease in open barrels out back and there was rats everywhere the size of small dogs!
I even remember when I used to do a bit of taxi'ing for blue line in the grove and sat on the a6 in the taxi in the middle of the night I used to see loads of rats running across the a6 around the takeaways and plenty near sainsburys too even though generally the grove to me Is quite clean compared to the likes of longsight leavens hulks etc?
Good idea from the council though,it all helps but surely these places should be inspected frequently anyway and have surprise visits from public health.
davyp
Villager

davyp
28th July 2013 at 5:17PM
All the food hygiene ratings are available online - ratings.food.gov.uk - As indicated above, throws up some interesting scores in and around Hazel Grove (including schools etc.).
Davyp.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: Vulgar or Sexually Orientated

sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
29th July 2013 at 12:26AM
Or even sore finger.
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
29th July 2013 at 1:32AM
At least they have an excuse!

When did 'mof' become local dialect?

Mof to the gym, mof to the pub, mof to bed etc? Grrr...
Scott
CiviCr

Scott
29th July 2013 at 9:59AM
We include the Food Hygiene Ratings in our business directory, checking regularly to ensure they are up-to-date.

The inspections are carried by the local authorities, in Hazel Grove's case Stockport Council. This is an extract from the Food Standards website regarding the ratings.

The food hygiene rating or inspection result given to a business reflects the standards of food hygiene found on the date of inspection or visit by the local authority. The food hygiene rating is not a guide to food quality.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: Spamming or Advertising.