Cash for County

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: Cash for County
23rd June 2011 at 4:27PM

Ah, another Adora post completely misses it's mark!

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
23rd June 2011 at 5:14PM
Adora Wrote:

As climate seems to be your special project, and being relatively new to the forum, tell me, has he always been a moron, who completely messes up the thread for others, or has it taken a lot of practice to reach his high degree of stupidity and infantile behaviour.
Vaudrey Vamp
Drifter
23rd June 2011 at 5:18PM
County are one of the few institutions that keep this once great borough on the map. It makes me want to laugh/puke when I hear Oliver Tory quibble over Forty grand when his precious Government are happy to squander £250,000,000 (and counting) on bombing Libya, £7,000,000,000 per annum on Afghanistan (what's that all about?) and £100,000,000,000 on Trident. Let's just get our priorities correct as a nation.
Climate
Drifter
23rd June 2011 at 5:29PM, Edit: 23rd June 2011 at 5:59PM by Adora
Prodigal Wrote:

Adora Wrote:

As climate seems to be your special project, and being relatively new to the forum, tell me, has he always been a moron, who completely messes up the thread for others, or has it taken a lot of practice to reach his high degree of stupidity and infantile behaviour.

Go on then Prodigal, why not counter my claims? Typical City/Manure fan you are TBH. So up themselves that they are unable to answer anything put forward to them. So happy to cling on now that they are a number and not a fan. Very sad TBH. I do pity you.

Discredit the points I have made about those clubs buying their success? Please, try? Give me a laugh?

What? You can't negate those points? Ok, maybe rubbish my claims that the son of a 'protected' player-tapper is allowed to assault his wife and merely pay a fine? Go on, disprove it - he pleaded 'Guilty'. Caught short? Don't worry, you are above the law - drive up the hard shoulder...

Don't try and sling mud when you have absolutely no ability to catch it.   

Drifter
23rd June 2011 at 5:45PM
Prodigal Wrote:

Adora Wrote:

Prodigal as you are new comers to our forum and in answer to your question. Yes unfortunately Climate has had a lot of practice at being a moron on this forum.

It's common knowledge that he seems to enjoy disrupting the flow of a thread. However no doubt he will disagree profoundly though, as he does with most things.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
23rd June 2011 at 6:00PM

The thread is about Stockport County. Climate posted his views on Stockport County. How's that disrupting the thread?

Climate is a forum contributor, as we all are. You might not like his views or his style of posting but that's what forums are - a place for all to air what they think. No rule says you have to agree or disagree.

Climate was my special project a few years ago Prod - when he was like a wasp up my nose too because of his style but now I just roll with it now and occasionally, he throws summat in to the debate which makes sense.

I delete or edit any and all personal attacks, foul language etc - Climate's and other peoples. It's a family forum at the end of the day.

I will also point out here that a thread going off at a tangent isn't against the law. It's not against the rules and, like conversations in real life, it's a natural part of discourse.

Offense is taken not given - as a well known forum contributor trotted out to me the other day!

Finally, calling Climate a 'moron' is a personal attack on him. I'm letting it stand for now because it's water off a duck's back to him but it's out of order on here really.

Hope that helps.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
23rd June 2011 at 8:03PM
Guest Wrote:

County are one of the few institutions that keep this once great borough on the map. It makes me want to laugh/puke when I hear Oliver Tory quibble over Forty grand when his precious Government are happy to squander £250,000,000 (and counting) on bombing Libya, £7,000,000,000 per annum on Afghanistan (what's that all about?) and £100,000,000,000 on Trident. Let's just get our priorities correct as a nation.

Ok Vaudrey, not sure what me being a Tory has anything to do with it but hey ho. Let's just get this one thing very clear, I am not denying that Stockport County is a club that we can take pride in. They have done much work in the community for youth involvement in sport for one thing.

However, what the Liberal Democrat Executive are proposing we do is to pump £40,000 of taxpayer's money into a failing/failed business. As I understand it, wages are not being paid, the books have not been audited for quite some time and I simply do not think that to inject cash into such a business model is responsible local governance.

Let's also get another thing straight Vaudrey. The Liberal Democrat Executive has the power to deliver the money to County without a vote anyway. Why are they putting it to a vote?

Let's break down this façade of a high-minded moral decision to promote civic pride and let's have some plain speaking. This is nothing more than a tedious, cynical political game and I for one am utterly appalled.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Drifter
24th June 2011 at 2:13AM
[QUOTE=Adora]

Offense is taken not given - as a well known forum contributor trotted out to me the other day!

Finally, calling Climate a 'moron' is a personal attack on him. I'm letting it stand for now because it's water off a duck's back to him but it's out of order on here really.

Hope that helps.

Adora I would like to say that I think we all know that Climate's has done his fair share of name calling in the past on this forum that you have allowed,often to the cost of other posters feelings even to the point that they have decided not to continue to post on here because they have got so fed up of his name calling and personal attacks.

And as for the use of the word “SCUM” is that not name calling, which you allowed.

Prodigal
Townsperson

Prodigal
24th June 2011 at 7:08AM, Edit: 24th June 2011 at 8:45AM by Adora
Adora Wrote:

Hope that helps.

OOH Adora, offence can be both given and taken, but, Ok, sorry. "moron" was a bit harsh, I will defer to your expression "NUTTER".

Climate. I wouldn't attempt to negate your claims, you're entitled to your opinion.
As for pity, I am too long in the tooth for that, save it for the County supporters.----------Vermin was a bit strong though!

<< 1 2 3 >>