10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Bridgefield development in Stockport

<< 1 2 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Bridgefield development in Stockport
2nd October 2012 at 5:13PM
I recently saw Stockport being shown on a Flog it show. The program took you inside such places as the Town Hall and the Staircase House museum showing the viewer the stunning marble architectural features of the Town hall and the recently renovated Staircase in the Staircase House museum, fascinating I thought and I couldn’t help but think that the program really showed Stockport in a very positive light, and what a nice place our town looked.

This is what I feel is the true pulling power of Stockport, its uniqueness. This is what I would like to see promoted more and not just making it all about the pulling power of more new shops and entertainment centers.

What about trying to make Stockport more like a mini Chester adding into the muxture a few nice places to eat. But most of all promoting the town as a historical day out with lots and lots of places of interest to come and see and then I’m sure the revenue and the shoppers will follow.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: Bridgefield development in Stockport
2nd October 2012 at 6:10PM
Can't see Stockport ever being a place people would travel from far and wide to visit myself, I can't even imagine how you could make it appeal as a destination.

Personally I think the best bet is to try and keep stockport residents shopping and spending in stockport, rather than try and create a whole new image for the town.

Just my opinion.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 >>