Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

£60 Peel Centre parking fine...

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>

andy.long.52
Villager

andy.long.52
Re: £60 Peel Centre parking fine...
8th May 2014 at 1:18PM
So if you were 5 mins late back to your car and received a PCN for £100 you would just pay that? Parking firms are scammers and cowboys who hang off very flimsy laws to fleece the general public. They use scare tactics and legal BS to hope you give in and pay their extortionate speculative invoices.

I do pay the parking charge normally, but I did make a genuine mistake and received a PCN which I appealed.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th May 2014 at 1:59PM
cooper120 Wrote:

all this is a bit silly.

there are actual mistakes when it comes to parking "ticket blew off the dashboard", "no machines were working" etc which i fully understand.

then there is this thread filled with people just trying to get away without paying for things. seriously it's £1.30 to park for 2 hours, how much is £1.30 worth to you? It's not even worth my time reading or writing a letter to excel! pay for your damn parking and don't have any hassle.

You've missed the point entirely here. £1.50 is fine. If however you've made a mistake, Excel come after you like a pack of wolves, with massive "fines" made up of nothing. .. No cost to them or the businesses, just an arbitrary profit for them. They do it in the worst way too. . Threats of debt collectors (which means nothing) and ccjs (which they have no power to influence)
Letters from solicitors and agencies who are a front to excel is a way of panicking people.   Did you know they use a name of Graham white solicitors, who are a department of Excel, and have nothing to do with the actual Graham White solicitors?

This makes people antagonist towards the cowboys.

If they sent a slap on the wrist through and a fiver cost - silly boy, don't do it again, give us five quid for our administration - then no one would mind at all.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
8th May 2014 at 10:21PM
Exactly. Always pay for car parks, private or council run, that is the society we live in, but do not pay the inflated fines and do not be intimidated by these companies. Also as i have previously written i was going down popla route but i also wrote to complain and hobbycraft estate manager wrote back to say they had contacted excel and had cancelled the pcn , therefore its worth writing old fashioned letters isn't it!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grumpy
Villager

grumpy
9th May 2014 at 6:20AM
I always pay for parking but on this occasion it was 1 minute to 8pm and I genuinely thought all of Stockport town centre was free after 6pm so I don't have a leg to stand on. I'm going to check their signage tomorrow though.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
9th May 2014 at 1:54PM
cooper120 Wrote:

all this is a bit silly.

there are actual mistakes when it comes to parking "ticket blew off the dashboard", "no machines were working" etc which i fully understand.

then there is this thread filled with people just trying to get away without paying for things. seriously it's £1.30 to park for 2 hours, how much is £1.30 worth to you? It's not even worth my time reading or writing a letter to excel! pay for your damn parking and don't have any hassle.

In response to the above post. I did purchase and retained the parking ticket issued. Excel still isssued a £60-00 parking charge because the registration number of my vehicle was not displayed on the ticket issued by their ticket machine!! I then had my appeal through POPLA rejected because they don't consider cases where there are mitigating circumstances!! How fair is that? My MP is currently looking into the matter for me. Incidently, because I had the audacity to appeal. The parking charge, if I had paid it, would have been increased to £100-00.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
11th May 2014 at 3:22PM
Been at the Peel Centre today and bought as tickets as I wasn't prepared to risk a fine, it was pouring down. Funny there was no one checking tickets lol
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
andy.long.52
Villager

andy.long.52
12th May 2014 at 10:07AM
It's automated using ANPR so you just get a PCN through the post
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
12th May 2014 at 10:08AM
Passingthrough Wrote:

Been at the Peel Centre today and bought as tickets as I wasn't prepared to risk a fine, it was pouring down. Funny there was no one checking tickets lol

It's an Automatic Numberplate Recognition system now. . So no wardens. They can more efficiently fine you now, which makes a mockery of the people who say the ticket is value for money as they keep your car safe!

The camera logs your number plate when you come in, and the same on the way out.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
12th May 2014 at 10:41AM
you're not reading my post.

if there's a valid reason I get it, you have bought a ticket and they haven't picked it up that's fine - i would argue the case.

you park in a council car park and you're 5 minutes over they will fine you it's your fault for being late back not theirs. you're going after excel because they aren't the council - if i was stockport council i would take over the car park. money is better there than it is with excel.

you know if your 5 minutes late to your gate at an airport you won't be getting on the plane - i bet you don't do that do you? no, because it would cost you money. same logic.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
12th May 2014 at 10:58AM
In my case I got two photos of my car arriving and leaving. Resulting in two penalty notices. I had paid before I was informed the camera was faulty.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>