Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

£60 Peel Centre parking fine...

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>

grumpy
Villager

grumpy
Re: £60 Peel Centre parking fine...
7th May 2014 at 11:47AM
Thank you very much, I will have a think about it oveer the next few days. :)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grumpy
Villager

grumpy
7th May 2014 at 11:49AM
Hi Andy

We received a Parking Charge Notice through the post yesterday.

I will have a look through the threads.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards

Karen
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
andy.long.52
Villager

andy.long.52
7th May 2014 at 12:09PM
Sorry, wrong link. THis is the link to my post on the forum...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4817408

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
7th May 2014 at 3:48PM
Do not pay a private car park parking charge notice (pcn). Write to the retail shops at peel center stating your case and ask them to contact excel to cancel the pcn. If more of us complain about these cowboy firms then maybe the retail shops might listen. I choose never to shop or park there now. Prefer the trafford center where its free. Stockports loss.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
andy.long.52
Villager

andy.long.52
7th May 2014 at 3:51PM
You are wasting your time. I tried this and they just said deal with Excel. I would recommend going down the POPLA appeal route.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
7th May 2014 at 4:06PM
As an update to my case. My MP e-mailed Excel Parking on 16/04/14 asking them to review their decision, regarding the parking charge. They advised him that they would respond to his e-mail within 7 days. In turn he said that he would keep me informed. So far, I have heard nothing more. I will keep you posted re the outcome.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
7th May 2014 at 5:36PM
Complaining to the shops at peel center is how i got my pcn from excel cancelled, i wrote to the managing directors at the companies head offices and provided evidence of my purchased ticket. I would have gone to small claims court and with the knowledge i have, i would have won the case. Too many people are scared of the threat of court action and believe what excel and debt companies tell them. A private pcn is an invoice.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
andy.long.52
Villager

andy.long.52
8th May 2014 at 10:50AM, Edit: 8th May 2014 at 10:51AM by andy.long.52
You can try complaining to the shops, but it isnt guaranteed to work. Obviously depends on the mood of the person you complain to. As for small claims court, why put yourself through that? There is no guarantee that you will win as they will state you entered into a contract by entering the car park. Yes the PCN is just a speculative invoice, but there are many cases of them being upheld by court if it goes that far.

Also, the last lady said she didnt buy a ticket so again probably wouldnt get away with that method.

The POPLA appeal is by far the safest, least stressful method of getting off from these cowboys.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
andy.long.52
Villager

andy.long.52
8th May 2014 at 10:52AM
I doubt this will get you nowhere when dealing with these cowboys. Follow the POPLA appeal route and win every time.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
8th May 2014 at 1:10PM
all this is a bit silly.

there are actual mistakes when it comes to parking "ticket blew off the dashboard", "no machines were working" etc which i fully understand.

then there is this thread filled with people just trying to get away without paying for things. seriously it's £1.30 to park for 2 hours, how much is £1.30 worth to you? It's not even worth my time reading or writing a letter to excel! pay for your damn parking and don't have any hassle.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>