Stockport News

A Town in Greater Manchester

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

£60 Peel Centre parking fine...

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 >>

hazelgrove3
Villager

hazelgrove3
Re: £60 Peel Centre parking fine...
6th April 2014 at 1:32PM
I did not get one parking penalty notice but I got two for the same day. This included two photos of my car leaving allegedly over time by 19 minutes. The time altogether was 79 minutes. Although I was very confused I thought I must have made a mistake with the time allocated for the £1.30 charge. After contacting Excel Parking they advised me on which notice I should pay.
After paying the £60 I contacted the company again confirming that they had received my money and explaining that I did receive two notices for the same day. I was informed by one of the advisers "not to worry as lots of people did receive two notices as the camera was faulty on that particular day."
On a recent visit to the peel centre I confirmed that the fee was for up to three hours.
I have written to he company but as yet have not received a reply.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
6th April 2014 at 2:07PM
hazelgrove3 Wrote:

I did not get one parking penalty notice but I got two for the same day. This included two photos of my car leaving allegedly over time by 19 minutes. The time altogether was 79 minutes. Although I was very confused I thought I must have made a mistake with the time allocated for the £1.30 charge. After contacting Excel Parking they advised me on which notice I should pay.
After paying the £60 I contacted the company again confirming that they had received my money and explaining that I did receive two notices for the same day. I was informed by one of the advisers "not to worry as lots of people did receive two notices as the camera was faulty on that particular day."
On a recent visit to the peel centre I confirmed that the fee was for up to three hours.
I have written to he company but as yet have not received a reply.

Do you think you can reason with them? If you could, they wouldn't be charging you a completely arbitrary and random £60.
I'm sure they can rely on you to pay them as many times as they fancy though, because everyone pays up blindly, they just carry on.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
6th April 2014 at 5:29PM
The £60 will never be refunded, these are cowboy companies who rely on fear and threats. Probably best to kick up a stink with strongly worded complaint letters to the head offices of the local shops. They loose custom by allowing excel to operate their carparks. Also contact POPLA and dvla to tell them about excels faulty cameras, the dvla have previously banned excel from obtaining the motorists details due to mispractice.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
Re: £100 Peel Centre parking fine...
14th April 2014 at 7:11PM, Edit: 14th April 2014 at 7:14PM by pongo
This is what has happened to me:-
On 20/11/13 I parked my car at the car park at the Peel Centre (Bryan House Car Park) in Stockport. The car park is managed by:- Excel Parking Services Ltd., PO Box 4777, Sheffield, S9 9DJ. The car park is an (ANPR) managed car park. ie Automatic Number Plate Recognition. This means that when buying a parking ticket you have to enter the car's registration number into the ticket machine. When we parked there my wife had difficulty entering the registration number of the car into the machine. For some reason the machine would not accept the registration mark of the vehicle!? Anyway, my wife paid the required amount and she took the ticket issued, assuming that the ticket had been issued correctly. A few weeks later we received a parking fine! I had retained the ticket, which we bought on the day, and so I thought there would be no problem. On seeing a copy of the ticket, the firm still insisted that I had parked illegally on there land. I therefore appealed the decision. The appeal was rejected by POPLA (Parking On Private Land) because the ticket did not show the registration number of the car! I now have to pay a fine of £100.00 within 14 days. If I had not challenged the decision and if I had paid within 14 days of receiving the parking fine notice, the fine would have been £60.00. I do not have the luxury of paying the reduced amount now because I had the audacity to challenge the fine.
Considering that we purchased a ticket to park on the day I still feel that we have been treated unfairly. After all, it was the firm's ticket machine which issued an invalid ticket. Surely this shouldn't happen.
I have contacted my MP about this who has in turn contacted Excel Parking. However, we have not yet heard from them.
Watch this space.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
15th April 2014 at 2:54PM
Further to my prvious post:-
Having heard nothing from Excel Parking, in response to my MP's e-mail to them on 10/04/14. I today contacted the firm by telephone. They reckon that they have not received the said e-mail!! I don't believe this because had the e-mail not arrived then my MP would have been notified to that effect. I have notified my MP of the situation.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
15th April 2014 at 4:38PM
Please read all the above and don't pay.
It's not a fine. They are not interested in your protestations and you won't change their minds. They will just hope that you will be intimidated into paying.

It's not an offence what you've done.

You might also want to complain to the shops.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
15th April 2014 at 4:56PM
Thanks for that mozza. It's so worrying when you get these demands, you wonder what the consequences are of not paying. However, I feel that I have been treated so unfairly. When my appeal was turned down by popla I wanted to challenge their decision through an ombudsman. However, It seems that their decisions are not overseen in any way either. The whole thing beggars belief.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
15th April 2014 at 8:31PM
do not pay. They will write and phone you. They will harrass you for many months. They will threaten court action and say you now owe hundreds. Still do not pay. Let them take you to court. They won't but if they do, you have a ticket as evidence. No civil judge would rule against you. If a ruling was against you it would only be a charge of the car park eg,£1.30. write to as many of the shops as you can, one of them may cancel ticket for you. I write all this from experience.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
15th April 2014 at 8:41PM
Look on money saving expert and pepipoo websites. Good people on there with alot of advice and knowledge. But most of all DO NOT PAY PRIVATE CAR PARKING PCN. THEY ARE NOT ENFORCEABLE. always pay for parking, it is polite to do so. BUT NEVER PAY UNFAIR INFLATED CHARGES THEY ARE OUT TO SCARE MOTORISTS. (im not shouting, just want to be clear:)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
15th April 2014 at 8:45PM, Edit: 15th April 2014 at 8:52PM by pongo
Hi sparrow,
Thanks for the support. My MP has yet again contacted Excel Parking and is currently awaiting a reply!! In the meantime, I have decided to fight fire with fire. I won't be paying the so called fine. Wish me luck.
I feel as though I am an interloper because I don't live in Hazel Grove. However, I have been grateful for your help, advice and support regarding this matter and so, Thank you to all concerned:) I'll let you know how I go on.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 >>