0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Stepping Hill Hosp Parking

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Guest (friendly)
Drifter
Re: Stepping Hill Hosp Parking
16th March 2011 at 1:07PM
If you had your say where do you think would be a good site.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
16th March 2011 at 1:43PM
Guest(friendly).Are you binman in diguise?
Sainsbury and Hazel Grove Station as car parks, used for a park and ride scheme for Stepping Hill. I presume this is another wind up Binman! If not take a walk around Hazel Grove one day,not just in your street,and see the traffic problems.

You may also notice that the Sainsbury car-park is usually full with customers cars.Hazel Grove station car park is always full with commuters cars,who have driven in the main from Disley,Bramhall and Poynton.

You are a funny guy binman.
Guest (friendly)
Drifter
16th March 2011 at 9:28PM
No sorry guest I'm not bin man in disguise,just me. No I’m not trying to be funny or think my ideas are great I’m just thinking out loud and trying to come up with some ideas (be they good or bad) to the problems which you too observe everyday as you walk around the Grove.

As for the car parks and their usage I question if Sainsbury’s car park is not already being used as an unofficial overflow car park for the hospital, ask yourself who would pay £2 when they can park there for free, ASDA have already said they are now experiencing the same problem and will have to start charging. I suppose the upside at the moment is it makes both stores look busy; however it does not solve the long term problem, only a park and ride scheme from a suitable location will do this.

As for Hazel Grove station there was a section at the back of the main car park when I was last there that was not actually being used which I thought could have been utilised, but from what you tell me things must now have changed.

As for trying to be funny well I’m glad I made you smile, perhaps my ideas aren’t that great and I might be talking out of ignorance but I express my ideas out of concern and because I care what happens to the area I live in and can’t help but feel there must be some solution to these problems other than ignoring them in the hope they’ll eventually go away.

My ideas might be “funny” to you but just look around you at the “funny” ideas that have been put into practise under the heading of local area improvements. Which of those ideas actually make much sense and have relieved the congested parking.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
17th March 2011 at 4:54AM
My suggestion would be the large piece of empty land behind carpet world. It's sat doing nothing and there is already buses which run between there and the Hospital.

Obviously if the majority of Hospital visitors come from Stockport direction then it would make more sense to find a similar area the other side of the hospital. But the old Gordon ford land would be ideal!
Drifter
17th March 2011 at 5:31AM
In this age of austerity,there is more chance of Stepping Hill Hospital closing,than a Park and Ride scheme being introduced.
Drifter
17th March 2011 at 5:38AM
I not so sure. Last heard Councillor Hogg was in support of introducing such a scheme.
Guest ( likely)
Drifter
21st March 2011 at 4:39AM
Has Councillor Hogg got anymore news on how the congested parking in the Grove is to be addressed. Last we heard you were in support of a park and ride scheme.
<< 1 2 3 >>