Stepping Hill Hospital News

A Hospital in Stockport

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Stepping Hill Hosp Parking

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Guest (friendly)
Drifter
Re: Stepping Hill Hosp Parking
15th March 2011 at 2:54AM
Has anyone got any constructive ideas on how to solve the lack of available parking spaces at the hospital, without pushing the problem onto the surrounding areas?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
15th March 2011 at 5:54AM
Guest Wrote:

Has anyone got any constructive ideas on how to solve the lack of available parking spaces at the hospital, without pushing the problem onto the surrounding areas?

Park and ride!
Guest (friendly)
Drifter
15th March 2011 at 7:57AM
That’s a good idea Coleman. I believe this idea has been in the pipeline for a sometime now, last I heard one of the councillor’s was looking into a suitable site.

I think that Sainsbury’s would be a suitable drop off and collection point for people visiting the hospital as it would benefit Sainsbury’s with the extra shopper’s it would no doubt bring to the store (as I’m sure most people would do a bit of shopping at the same time as visiting the hospital) and would benefit the patients by not being to far for most people to walk into the hospital if unable perhaps one of the current buses that go though the hospital at the moment could divert and collect and return patients (free of charge). I know it sounds easy on paper but perhaps it not that feasible?
nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
15th March 2011 at 12:43PM
Guest Wrote:

I think that Sainsbury’s would be a suitable drop off and collection point for people visiting the hospital as it would benefit Sainsbury’s with the extra shopper’s it would no doubt bring to the store (as I’m sure most people would do a bit of shopping at the same time as visiting the hospital) and would benefit the patients by not being to far for most people to walk into the hospital if unable perhaps one of the current buses that go though the hospital at the moment could divert and collect and return patients (free of charge). I know it sounds easy on paper but perhaps it not that feasible?

Sainsbury's would be a good choice - if it wasn't for that fiendish set of traffic lights. Add hosiptal visitors to the mix of people trying to get in and out of the Sainsbury's car park and you have a recipe for gridlock.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
16th March 2011 at 4:55AM
Sainsburys car park isn't big enough to support additional parking for the hospital, it struggles with just the store visitors at busy times!
Guest (friendly)
Drifter
16th March 2011 at 5:28AM
Coleman the problem of gridlock is everywhere at the moment even more so down the narrow side streets in the local area. I think Councillor Hogg is looking into proposed solutions. I wonder if there is any additional parking space at Hazel Grove train station. This would enable patients and visitors to be able to commute there by train or car and then use the park and ride facilities into the hospital.

Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
16th March 2011 at 12:21PM
You don't need to tell me about the grid lock, i suggested a park and ride months ago. I was simply saying that the Sainsburys car park wouldn't be a viable option.
<< 1 2 3 >>