Park and Ride for Hospital

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

JohnEllis
Citizen

JohnEllis
Re: Park and Ride for Hospital
5th October 2010 at 11:44AM, Edit: 5th October 2010 at 11:45AM by JohnEllis
I recall a rumour that the land adjacent to the viaduct is owned by Tesco - acquired as part of their "land bank" reserve, just in case they decide it would be worthwhile building a superstore there, and the planners let them do it ...

If that happened, we'd be blessed with outlets for just about all the major supermarket chains ... What a desirable lot the inhabitants of the Grove must be, if all these giants of retail commerce want to come and establish themselves among us!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
NorburyNewlywed
Villager

NorburyNewlywed
7th October 2010 at 8:30AM
I think the Tesco land bank isn't just for building stores on, they use land as collateral for loans.
Drifter
11th October 2010 at 11:04AM
Has anyone heard anything more about a park and ride car facility for the hospital visitors and staff?

Drifter
15th October 2010 at 8:36AM
Could the hospital not use some of the spare land at the back of Sainsburyís as a park and ride facility? Itís close by, good access to the hospital for visitors and staff and itís not too far to walk. Visitors and staff could also shop at Sainsburyís bringing in extra trade to the area. It also had the added benefit of already having pedestrian crossings and would not be too expensive for a shuttle service to operate to and from the hospital.
Drifter
17th October 2010 at 1:48PM
I think this would be an excellent solution to the hospitals oversubscribed parking facilities, without creating too much additional strain on visitors and the A6. However in todayís climate Iím not too sure how feasible in terms of costs this might be?

However I am concerned as a resident who endures limited parking facilities because their road is used daily as an overflow car park to the hospital, that the situation will only get worse now that the government has stopped or stopping subsidising parking permits for staff which will force them to look for alternatives, such as parking on the adjacent roads to the hospital.
<< 1 2 >>