St Peters Church Farmers Market

2nd March 2013

This event was submitted to Hazel Grove

christinemunro Like 0 Disike 0 Reply Quote Report Subscribe Share This Post
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn MySpace Digg
Reddit StumbleUpon Delicious Google Yahoo

20th February 2013 at 12:21PM 21 Comments 
St Peters Church Farmers Market
On Saturday 2nd March our Farmers Market will be in St Peters Church car park from 10am to 2pm. Tony Martin from the Church will be organising tea and refreshments from the hall cafe while customers can look around the market and make their purchases. We will have a good selection of artisan producers and craftspeople who will be showcasing their produce.
Future markets will be held on the 1st Saturday of each month.

Neighbouring News

<< 1 2 3 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: St Peters Church Farmers Market
20th February 2013 at 2:32PM, Edit: 20th February 2013 at 5:18PM by Serenity
christinemunro Wrote:

On Saturday 2nd March our Farmers Market will be in St Peters Church car park from 10am to 2pm. Tony Martin from the Church will be organising tea and refreshments from the hall cafe while customers can look around the market and make their purchases. We will have a good selection of artisan producers and craftspeople who will be showcasing their produce.
Future markets will be held on the 1st Saturday of each month.

Who has given permission for such a market (or any future markets). Has it been approved by the council. I believe that the following will need to be carried out first by a street enforcement officer before any such market can take place.

The general site layout will be considered together with the surface and land drainage arrangements. Toilet facilities for stallholders, their helpers and the public will be inspected. Both on and off site parking arrangements will be discussed together with emergency evacuation procedures, general fire, noise prevention and safety measures. Other Officers may be brought on site including those from the Police, Fire Service, Trading Standards and the Environmental Health Service. Officers will visit the site when the market is running and some of these visits will be unannounced inspections.

Also I don't see a church car park as a suitable venue for such trading, And where will any visitor park, hopefully not on the already busy side roads. Give a thought for an already busy area.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th February 2013 at 8:41PM
Its only like at christmas time when they do the hazel grove market on the carpark behind what was the woodman isnt it???
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
2nd March 2013 at 1:26PM, Edit: 2nd March 2013 at 7:53PM by OliverJohnstone
Just got back from the market. Fantastic stalls and may have overindulged somewhat but a great day for it nontheless. Thanks & well done to the organisers.
2nd March 2013 at 6:49PM
Thank you Oliver, glad you enjoyed the market. It would be lovely to have more customers but we will have to work on that. Any suggestions?
yetty
Villager

yetty
2nd March 2013 at 8:49PM
thought there could have been a more varied selection of meat and cheeses on sale,but having said that the sausages were very nice and the Cheshire cheese was a lot better than supermarket fayre.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
2nd March 2013 at 8:52PM
Yetty get involved, mate. These are the kinds of things we can all help to expand. The butcher was bloody good though
3rd March 2013 at 7:57AM
Hi Oliver and Vetty
I didn't want to bring in too many prodocers with the same products, such as another meat stall, because I wasn't sure how many customers there would be. Mike Ford came from Wales with his pork sausages and I was hoping he would sell sufficient to make the journey worth his while. Had there been more customers for the first market word would have got round the markets and other producers would be asking to be included next time. Unfortunately this didn't happen and so it will be a bit of a struggle to get people back next time and more and varied stallholders to join us.
I promoted it with leaflets around Hazel Grove through the schools and shops and businesses. Also sent a write up about it to the Stockport Express. I also promoted it in a monthly newsletter I send to customers to the markets who have enlisted for this.
We will try again next month on the first Saturday of April and see how it goes but the crux of the problem is getting more customers.
3rd March 2013 at 7:58AM
Sorry Yetty I spelt you name wrong!!
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
3rd March 2013 at 10:03AM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

Yetty get involved, mate. These are the kinds of things we can all help to expand. The butcher was bloody good though

I'm not so sure that using what is in theory a place of worship as a public market place, is a good thing. Even in today's business climate.

On the day of the market there was a wedding going on in the church.

I for one don't think it shows any consideration for the couple getting married or reverence for the church mass with farmers selling their wares in the background.

I for one would like to see a more appropriate venue.
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
3rd March 2013 at 10:50AM
Serenity Wrote:

OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I'm not so sure that using what is in theory a place of worship as a public market place, is a good thing. Even in today's business climate.

On the day of the market there was a wedding going on in the church.

I for one don't think it shows any consideration for the couple getting married or reverence for the church mass with farmers selling their wares in the background.

I for one would like to see a more appropriate venue.

"Should anyone here present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"Get your pork and leek sausages here. Made from free range organic pork. £7.99 a kilo!"
<< 1 2 3 >>