Dull topic but...pot holes...

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
Dull topic but...pot holes...
15th March 2013 at 2:13PM
The pot hole situation around the Grove and up and down the A6 is really really bad this year. I'm sure this is the worst I've ever known it. Are those pot hole 'moles' still out and about as in previous years? Car tyres are getting well knackered lol.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Dull topic but...pot holes...
15th March 2013 at 6:47PM
Saw some guys dumping abit of Tarmac and flattening it in the rd the other day but its just a bodge really isn't it, can't help but feel all this tax we pay to drive on the roads is being spent elsewhere lol!
On anouther money grabbing note, be carefull around Simpsons corner police seem to be having nice picnic there lately.
The last few days they keep sitting there as its right where the speed limit drops from 40 to 30 but what's the point in the speed camera if the police sit there too?
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
15th March 2013 at 7:37PM
I'm sure I saw a report somewhere that said that our roads are some of the worst in the country and that an alarming percentage are classed as having less than 5 years life left in them!

Does make you wonder what the council is planning to do about it! Experience says not a lot!

When is the last time anyone remembers any local roads being resurfaced?

Ironically I'd bet it would be cheaper in the long run to just get on with it instead of constantly sending the teams out with a spade and bag of tarmac.
ComfortablyNumb
Villager

ComfortablyNumb
15th March 2013 at 9:18PM
Coleman Wrote:

I'm sure I saw a report somewhere that said that our roads are some of the worst in the country and that an alarming percentage are classed as having less than 5 years life left in them!

Does make you wonder what the council is planning to do about it! Experience says not a lot!

When is the last time anyone remembers any local roads being resurfaced?

Ironically I'd bet it would be cheaper in the long run to just get on with it instead of constantly sending the teams out with a spade and bag of tarmac.
Hello coleman, Adswood road at the junction of bird hall road was resurfaced a few weeks ago, and bird hall lane (heading towards morrisons) was aso resurfaced. Seems to be ok at this moment in time. but I guess time will tell, also garners lane (davenport) is being resurfaced. Hope this helps.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
15th March 2013 at 10:00PM
I stand corrected, I knew there was some work going on round there, didn't know what it was.

I wonder if there will be a little tarmac spread around the grove soon, because there are more than a few roads round here that are getting like off road courses!
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
16th March 2013 at 12:29AM
Usually around Hazel Grove if resurfacing work is done on or aroung hazel grove, you will see, the workmen, machines etc in the layby on Torkington lane. Usually skimming over the problem and laying tons of stones. I think they are making the roads look pretty, long term usless, and a total waste of my taxes.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
16th March 2013 at 7:12AM
Haha always puzzles me how we have many roads that need resurfacing rather than the bodge it fill the hole job they do but somehow the council find the time to put signs up and take thrm down again a few months later for the relief rd and waste money on other areas if it when they should concentrate on making the roads we already have better?
If Osborne wants the relief road let him spend his money on all the application and planning, would love to know his much has been spent on this route since the recession kicked in and this unvoted in coalition started to run the country further into trouble!
Anouther rd that need sorting I'd that little bridge just on the start of the bends on marple road just before you can turn right into brinkburn rd, like driving over a curb!
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
16th March 2013 at 9:10AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the council own shares in land rover and the state of our roads is simply a ploy to sell more 4x4's!

Now how's that for a conspiracy theory for you, Ms Oliver would be proud!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
16th March 2013 at 1:06PM
How about this for a bigger conspiracy!
Going along with your 4x4 idea, they're trying to get everyone in 4x4 so they don't have to bother plowing through the fields and all the green belt and protected forest when everyone will have the cars to do it hence we get the relief rd and it doesn't cost a bazillion pounds that it keeps going up by lol
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
16th March 2013 at 11:55PM
The bridge near Brinkburn road had major works last year,temporary traffic lights, burst water main, total sham. I am also aware of the major pot hole, when the work was finished on the bridge was covered in bodged tarmac. By the way I meant Offerton road not Torkington lane on my previous post.
<< 1 2 3 >>