Ruislip News

A Town in Hillingdon

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Things to do in Ruislip when you can’t sleep?

pseed
Area Admin

pseed
Things to do in Ruislip when you can’t sleep?
16th March 2012 at 12:19AM
What is there to do in Ruilip on a week night when you can't sleep? Suggestions please?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Dr Andy
Drifter
Re: Things to do in Ruislip when you canít sleep?
16th March 2012 at 1:08PM
You can always go for a run around the streets. Though not recommended at night, it is a safe place and going for a run at night makes for a nice change to normal.

Why can't you sleep pseed? Are you drinking too much alcohol? Are you addicted to prescription drugs? Though I could offer many tips on what to do in Ruislip when you can't sleep I don't feel like this will address the underlying problem which is what we need to do. We need to fix the cause, not the symptoms!

Alcohol often is thought of as a sedative or calming drug. While alcohol may induce sleep, the quality of sleep is often fragmented during the second half of the sleep period. Alcohol increases the number of times you awaken in the later half of the night when the alcohol's relaxing effect wears off. It prevents you from getting the deep sleep and REM sleep you need because alcohol keeps you in the lighter stages of sleep.

With continued consumption just before bedtime, alcohol's sleep-inducing effect may decrease as its disruptive effects continue or increase. The sleep disruption resulting from alcohol use may lead to daytime fatigue and sleepiness.

So you see pseed, it is important that we reduce the amount of alcohol we consume to sleep better at night. And try and stay off the drugs as well!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
pseed
Area Admin

pseed
19th March 2012 at 9:35PM
Dr Andy,

I am quite surprised at your supposed suggestions? What kind of Doctor are you? Accusing me of being a drug addict and/or an alcoholic. Is this how you diagnose your patients? I feel soory for them and frankly I am inclined to report you to the GMC for negligence.

Well for you information i don't drink and have never drank (other tham water or fruit juices) and i have never taken illegal drugs.

Now that you have that information, what other clever dependancy issues thought to you in your medical school are you doing to diagnose me with?
Dr Andy
Drifter
19th March 2012 at 9:58PM, Edit: 19th March 2012 at 10:18PM by Administrator
Woh, no need to bite my head off Pseed i am only here to help you and the wider public with their problems.

You are displaying some signs of paranoia with your persecutory thought process, do you feel like everyone is out to get you?

Or more worryingly you are suffering from schizophrenia as you are showing a breakdown in your thought processes and poor emotional responsiveness to our forum help. Are you having auditory hallucinations? paranoid or bizarre delusions? or disorganized speech and thinking? because from my computer screen that is what it seems like. Are you having significant social or occupational dysfunction?

Now perhaps if you stop running around the streets at night time like a crazy person and spend more time sleeping you wouldn't be so bonkers!
pseed
Area Admin

pseed
20th March 2012 at 8:21PM
Dr Andy,

Is your reponse to my post a case of self diagnosis and in fact you are seeking help? There is help available for people like you. The first step is admitting you have a problem!

Part of..