Reddish News

A Town in Stockport

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

more than a third of shops are empty Stockport top

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>

Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: more than a third of shops are empty Stockport
13th February 2012 at 6:15PM

...Nobody ever calls me "sweetheart" on 'ere...:-(
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
13th February 2012 at 6:18PM

Had to go to Stockport today - no choice.

Hit Merseyway and then over to the Peel Centre. Took a really good look around, with this thread/news story in mind. Merseyway is actually very nice and didn't see too much dereliction but did spot new shops. Peel Centre was OK but paying for parking in both still narks me.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Undertaker
Drifter
13th February 2012 at 10:34PM
pompous ass oh and i can smell the bull poo
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
13th February 2012 at 11:41PM, Edit: 14th February 2012 at 12:00AM by Adora
Thanks... :-/
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Undertaker
Drifter
14th February 2012 at 12:36AM
Adora Wrote:

Thanks... :-/

Sorry! this wasn't aimed at you Adora.
Others on this thread beggar belief with their drivel
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: harassing

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: continuation of harassment

JohnEllis
Citizen

JohnEllis
15th February 2012 at 7:26PM
Adora Wrote:

Had to go to Stockport today ... Took a really good look around, with this thread/news story in mind. Merseyway is actually very nice and didn't see too much dereliction but did spot new shops.
I went today too - first time in quite a few weeks - and I too took a particularly careful look in the light of this controversy.

And my impression was pretty much the same as Adora's - not too many empty shops, and certainly not an overwhelming impression of decline on my brief wander across parts of Chestergate, Mersey Way and Prince's Street.

Much more positive impression than I had last summer when, for the first time in a long while, I took a wander round Adora's home town and mine, Altrincham. I remember it in the 1950s and '60s as a characterful, bustling, attractive town with a wide range of shops. Back in the '70s it was seriously messed up by a hideous redevelopment, but it remained busy, and kept its variety of shops, pubs and eateries.

But last summer I was quite depressed to see the whole place down-at-heel and shabby, with shop after shop closed, shuttered up, or with empty display windows, or dirty, scruffy paper pasted over to keep out prying eyes. I said to the other half that it made me think of nominating Altrincham for inclusion on the "Cr@p Towns" website!

Compared with that, the parts of Stockport I passed through today today looked pretty good, with only a minority of shops out of use.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>