What a muppet...

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

RichT
Townsperson

RichT
Re: What a muppet...
29th March 2012 at 10:26PM
Just done a quick search on fuel storage; Appollogies for a long post but if you read as it is written It seems you can not store a full 20Ltr jerry can.

Regulations 1982. All containers in which petroleum spirit is kept must be of metal or an approved plastic. Metal containers should not exceed 23 litres capacity (5 gallons) be permanently labelled 'Petroleum Spirit - Highly Flammable' and be fitted with a secure leak-proof cap.
Plastic containers should not exceed 5 litres capacity and comply with the Petroleum Spirit (Plastic Containers)
Regulations 1982. It is illegal to buy or sell the older 10 litre plastic containers! Empty containers must be securely stoppered and kept in a safe place.

The quantity which may be kept without notifying the Licensing Authority (Trading Standards) is the amount of petrol contained in the fuel tank of the motor vehicles or engine and not more than 2 x 10 litres (2 gallons)metal containers or 2 x 5 litres plastic containers together with 1 x 10 litres metal container.
However, if the garage is directly connected to a dwelling house, the previous quantities may only be kept if the door connecting the garage and the house in self-closing and constructed of hard wood or other fire resisting material.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Limecat
Banned
29th March 2012 at 11:13PM
I spotted a few weapons grade spanners queuing to get into the one by the Pig shop at 10:30 this evening!

I'm not changing my driving or refilling habits, ANYONE that does (or has) should be dragged outside and shot!
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
29th March 2012 at 11:56PM
Agreed!

Unfortunately I wasn't left much choice! My usual full tank when the light comes on went out of the window when the only place I could get some fuel was the dodgy garage that not so long ago got caught messing with the fuel and are charging 149.9p a litre!

It's so infuriating when you can't continue as normal because some idiots are panicking about something that may not even happen!
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
30th March 2012 at 11:13AM
Thanks BBC for calming the situation..
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
30th March 2012 at 12:37PM
Right, Now everyone can chill the **** out!

Unite calls off petrol tanker strike
slim
Townsperson

slim
30th March 2012 at 3:05PM
i also heard on the radio that the strike was off then a little later i drove past the esso in heavily and there they where queuing up to get more fuel panic buying is still with us.
Drifter
30th March 2012 at 3:55PM
Massive queue at petrol station on A6 - Esso I think its near Stockport Grammar School.

Traffic tailback cos of it.

No strikes until after Easter and theres a lady with 40% burns in Wakefield hospital.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
30th March 2012 at 4:01PM
Coleman Wrote:

Right, Now everyone can chill the **** out!

Unite calls off petrol tanker strike

I take it you didn't bother to read past the headlines!
Strike threat is still on but it won't happen over Easter as they have to give 7 days notice!
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
30th March 2012 at 4:29PM

Shell in Great Moor has fuel - queues four cars deep.

Petrol station next to HG police station now out of fuel but delivery expected tonight.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
30th March 2012 at 4:38PM
Drifter Wrote:

Massive queue at petrol station on A6 - Esso I think its near Stockport Grammar School.

Traffic tailback cos of it.

No strikes until after Easter and theres a lady with 40% burns in Wakefield hospital.

They were queuing at 07:10 this morning when I went past causing tailback on the A6.

If we'd had a bypass rather than an airport link road I wouldn't have got stuck in the queue trying to get to the M60 - but thats another thread ;-) Where is my Councillor when I want him
<< 1 2 3 4 >>