What a muppet...
28th March 2012 at 4:33PM, Edit: 28th March 2012 at 4:45PM by Adora
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
Re: What a muppet...
28th March 2012 at 4:40PM

Lunacy - not even agreed a strike yet and talks on-going...

Gotta fill a can up for our lawn mower but don't want to go and do it now for fear I get lynched for following the dopey advice!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Limecat
Banned
28th March 2012 at 4:55PM
What I find funny is it will be all the people who moan about the cost of petrol that are sat there queuing for if.

That's another one of my big gripes, especially as we aren't screwed over as much as people think - either the 7th/8th highest price in Europe, yet for some stupid reason they always want to draw comparrisons to America!?! Yeah, as Lancashire is littered with little 'nodding donkeys' like Texas is, eh?
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
28th March 2012 at 4:58PM
Not stupid but very clever now instead of people talking about the Granny Tax or Camerons dinner ticket prices we are discussing something else. Very slick manipulation of the media makes you wonder what else can be invented to avoid proper condemnation of the boy wonders fund raising or his mates reverse robin hood tactics rob the poor to give to the rich then make a deiberate gaff and public attention is diverted from the real issues or is it just old paranoia
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
28th March 2012 at 5:00PM
Absolute joke, I went past 3 petrol stations yesterday all 3 out of fuel. Still I managed to get 30 litres from Tesco just incase. The press don't help though...
vege
Drifter
28th March 2012 at 8:49PM
I see the fire brigade has warned against storing fuel because of the fire risk.Quite right too.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
28th March 2012 at 10:55PM

You know they've been saying that if they're late for a delivery, they get money docked out of their wages? Does that happen regardless of what's made them late - for example, stuck in traffic because of an accident or something?

Seems a bit unfair to me. Also, doesn't that just encourage speeding with several squillion gallons of flamable liquid hurtling behind them?
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
28th March 2012 at 11:00PM
They can't speed. Trucks have limiters and tachos
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
29th March 2012 at 9:16AM
It's really starting to annoy me, i genuinely have a splash of fuel left and will need to fuel up tomorrow or preferably today!

But because these idiots are selfishly and pointlessly filling every fuel can and car they can get their hands on, there is a good chance i'll have to sit in an hour or more of standing traffic just to do an normal fill up!

Put the army on the petrol stations and shoot anyone who is trying to fuel up with half a tank or more!

That would soon stop them.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
29th March 2012 at 9:28AM
You do exaggerate. I filled up last night and although there were two cars queuing - and that was 'cos they were right hand fill cars but there were two right hand pumps free - I got in straight away and I've still got a right hand fill car!

People do fall for the media and political hype.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
29th March 2012 at 9:40AM

Shell garage in Great Moor was out of all fuel at 8.30am this morning. Queueing four cars deep when I passed it last night at about 6.30pm.

Queueing at Fiveways for most of yesterday but not been passed this morning so don't know what the situation is this morning.

Queueing at Tesco Macclesfield yesterday - morning and evening, according to a colleague.

Small queue at filling station in Poynton yesterday - will check it when I go passed in a bit and see what's happening today.

Not much of a queue at the Spar garage next to HG police station but then again, they're asking 1.48 per litre for diesel (always expensive there), so not surprising there's not a huge demand there just yet!

Good luck Coleman - hope ya get sorted.
<< 1 2 3 4 >>