Poynton News

A Village in Cheshire

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Public Exhibition - A6 to Manchester Airport

This news article was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

Andy Like 0 Disike 0 Reply Quote Report Subscribe Share This Post
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn MySpace Digg
Reddit StumbleUpon Delicious Google Yahoo

5th November 2012 at 5:50PM 20 Comments 

<< 1 2 >>

RunningWalker
Villager

RunningWalker
Re: Public Exhibition - A6 to Manchester Airport
5th November 2012 at 11:26PM
Also Tuesday 6 November , Civic Hall, Hazel Grove. 10:00 to 20:00.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cartman
Villager

cartman
6th November 2012 at 8:01AM
are you saying the information on the SEMMMS website is wrong ??

Tuesday 6th November 2012
Hazel Grove Civic Hall, A6 London Road / Hatherlow Road, HAzel Grove, Stockport, Cheshire SK7 4DF, 10:00am to 8:00pm

I live in HG but went to the Poynton exhibition as i needed to see whats going on . General feeling is that Poynton people don't want it either , and are very keen for the junction to be at the 5 ways.. local councillors were advising people to get everyman and their dog to propose the option 1 junction for the (Location 6 - Macclesfield Road, Hazel Grove) and whilst they have every right to do this , i cant help but think that this isn't being done for the greater good ..
I hope this doenst turn into an US and Them situation !!
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
6th November 2012 at 3:35PM
I fear that is exactly what would happen and that would play right into Stockport Council's hands - their aim in introducing all these junction options is to divide and rule. As a group, PAULA members will be ticking 'definitely not in favour' for Q1, followed by 'no preference' for the junction options, with a note on each saying we are not in favour of the road in any form.
RunningWalker
Villager

RunningWalker
6th November 2012 at 10:44PM
I was at the exhibition at Hazel Grove on Tuesday 6/11/12 was absolutely staggered by the lack of knowledge from the representatives – of the 5 present, 3 were there to make up the numbers and two of these admitted they had been sent there to support.
It is an insult to the community to send representatives who are so badly prepared, have no knowledge of the scheme and can merely point to the display boards and utter glumly that they cannot answer relevant questions.
This is a £290 million scheme effecting thousands of lives, and that cost, I would expect a thoroughly professional presentation.

I have fired an email off to Jim McMahon (SEMMMS Project Director) asking for an immediate explanation, and his presence at the High Lane exhibition on Saturday 10/11/12.
By the way, is this Jim McMahon (SEMMMS Project Director) the same Jim McMahon on the SK Board (£5 million loss)?
I think we should be told.

Pip pip
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
7th November 2012 at 3:54AM
Dolores Wrote:

I fear that is exactly what would happen and that would play right into Stockport Council's hands - their aim in introducing all these junction options is to divide and rule. As a group, PAULA members will be ticking 'definitely not in favour' for Q1, followed by 'no preference' for the junction options, with a note on each saying we are not in favour of the road in any form.

Dolores I live very close to the A6 and feel that I'm already being subjected to more than my fair share of pollution from the vehicles that are constantly stood waiting to get through the gridlock of traffic that has been created by the Asda/Sainsbury's junctions. Add to that the thought of even more traffic and it starts sending shivers down my spine.

I for one love OUR greenbelt as it's our ONLY natural solution for combating such pollution and don't want to lose any of it.

I will be at the meeting on the 24th of this month not just to see the plans but because I'm still searching for someone to explain to me how this half hearted project is set to improve the lives of any area it touches on.

All those years ago I voted in favour of this road being built but only because I believed we were getting a complete bypass that would have greatly improved the quality of live for people living the Grove, and the surrounding areas. But this plan I feel will only work the opposite way.
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
7th November 2012 at 4:29PM
Serenity, if you go to our website www.saveourgreenbelt.uk.com, you can sign our petition and also register for updates. You'll see regular emails detailing the work we're doing in trying to get this catastrophic road stopped and also the dates of our meetings, to which you are very welcome. If you'd like to meet any of us in the mean time we're always happy to talk.
We'll see you on 24th if not before.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
7th November 2012 at 7:24PM
i got an reply from the semmms page on facebook today as i asked why the 3d video doesnt show the new a6 layout where it joins back onto the old a6 as it runs yards away from the rear of my house and i'll still have the old a6 right outside the front but its going to be a bus lane which i find hard to believe and think it will be used as an extra rd so i'll be goetting sandwiched by two main roads,great that for my kids health! not to mention the price of my property?
anyway theyve replied saying in the next few days there will be more detailed info on the junctions on the website?
Grover
Drifter
7th November 2012 at 11:38PM
Wow glendem you actually got a reply!!!
I visited town planning in August and was promised an email...... Still waiting.
Also submitted an email to Semms 22 days ago, reminding them of this and requesting a reply,
Guess what?? Still waiting. Even more amusing was the sight of standing in the civic hall last night at 5.10 pm with 2 council rerasentatives trying to explain there way out of how the road will reduce congestion on the A6.
I simply pointed them to 2 major congestion areas that again stockport town annets have done a woefull job on the A6. Our 2 supermarkets, where it all bottle necks!
I then asked the question: so when the additional traffic, including HGVs use the A6 as a means to getting to the byepass, how exactly is that going to reduce congestion in these 2 areas? Needless to say, they stumbled for answers.
I to like many people that attended found their knowledge very poor, best of all when I asked about a traffic census, last one is based on 2009 figures!! Was Asda and the new junction in place then?
I seem to think not. Conclusion they haven't got a clue, are I'll prepared and have no relevant, accurate recent statistics.
I live on the a6 where the new road will also run at the back of my house, so share your feelings, I also give it 18 months before they suggest the existing a6 as a Toll road. The traffic that passes down the a6 goes no where near the airport. Instead it will simply turn the a6 into a car park and destroy our environment and drive any trade away from Hazel
grove because you simply won't be able to access it. Looking forward to the meeting.
noroadm
Banned
8th November 2012 at 12:11PM
Totally against this road

btw i am also a fellow Paula Member
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
8th November 2012 at 4:49PM
It seems to me that there's more opposition to the road from Hazel Grove than Poynton, which is astonishing. It can only be because Poynton residents believe the false traffic modelling figures presented by Stockport Council. This forum is also a far more pleasant place to be - most of those I've tried to engage with on the Poynton forum have no interest in an intelligent exchange of views, they JUST SHOUT A LOT.
<< 1 2 >>