10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Poynton Roundels

<< 1 2 3 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Poynton Roundels
11th October 2013 at 9:57PM
Although I can agree with some of both of your posts I have my reasons for disagreeing too, in my experience I don't think it's made it any better or any worse traffic wise so I don't think it's helped.
I've seen two traffic accidents while driving through and not sure if there's been any more but I probably put this down to not the roundabouts but the fact that there's two roundabouts or roundels if u like together, people are half way on one while waiting to drive across the next and then you get the people who don't indicate who turn when the other driver Carrys on and caboom accident!
I'm not sure I agree that pedestrians feel safer either, I've seen people stepping out thinking that because its a shared space they can just walk out in front of a car and expect it to stop which you would expect the car to do for pedestrians as always but sometimes cars can't just stop instantly?
At least if there's lights people know when the green man comes on they can cross as long as there's no red light idiots but I don't recall any of that in poynton as they had the traffic light cameras there didn't they?
I know personally for me when I drive through I drive through with confidence allmost unlike many of these people who stutter and seem to loose they're ability to judge a space to go lol, I don't drive like an idiot either with possible pedestrians just walking out so maybe it works in that aspect that if your not carefull you could plough Somone over!
I think its a funny one really, not sure if poynton was a trial for other areas but if it's such a better idea whys all the lights in hazel grove being done away with and elsewhere and this new airport relief rd has lights planned all the way along every 2 yards so why no roundels there????
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Gillybean1954
Newcomer

Gillybean1954
10th March 2015 at 8:43PM
Thank you for the video very good I thought it was a good video on the regeneration of poynton very informative
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
18th March 2015 at 1:17PM
Just out of interest and as this thread seems to have been boosted up by a recent post, what do people think of this scheme now.

My experience is of pretty nasty tailbacks every morning, usually at least as far back as Anglesey Drive, sometimes as far back as Brookside GC. This now creates a rat run up and around Poynton pool via Anglesey Drive and Towers Road etc, it has increased the traffic on Chester Road at the Woodford end with cars using this as an alternative to eventually turn left and then right up Clifton (think that's what its called).

My trip is to get to the Ind Est just past the Vernon Arms. Other routes tried include Middlewood and even once going round through Adlington past Adlington Hunting Lodge and back to Poynton that way.

can't be good for business in Poynton surely. I had to make a visit to a Funeral Directors on Park Lane recently, this was at 10.30am on a Thursday, i was in gridlock on Park Lane for nearly 30 minutes, i really cant see how anyone in Poynton sees this as a good situation. Yes it looks nice on a quite sunny Sunday afternoon but for the rest of the time its a bleedin nightmare. And, yes i have to use it a lot. I am from Hazel Grove, the bus service from Hazel Grove to Poynton and beyond is poor, the train isn't viable (going to Stockport and back out). To be honest, once you get to the roundels it isn't a problem, its the bloody queue getting there that is, not smooth flowing. Getting back from the other side of Poynton in rush hour is about the same as it ever was so no improvement there.

one big non-fan here, it would take a lot to convince me that this scheme has been a success
Belvoir
Townsperson

Belvoir
19th March 2015 at 4:51PM
I think that if the powers that be would get Towers Road resurfaced .. people wanting to get to higher Poynton could go that way if travelling from Stockport/Hazel grove..
It would take a lot of traffic out of the centre of Poynton xx
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
19th March 2015 at 9:44PM
I must admit I don't think it's improved traffic and you've got traffic tailbacks in all directions now not just mainly heading into Poynton from the grove,if that's what it's main focus was to improve traffic I think it's a fail also when the lights were there the traffic tail back was mainly rush hour but this seems to be most of the day now!
To avoid it I use either the Poynton pool circle and get back in a bit further down the traffic or Chester rd Woodford but that can tail back terribly or middlewood but luck of the draw with trains coming etc
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..