10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Poynton Roundels

<< 1 2 3 >>

happy
Townsperson

happy
Poynton Roundels
20th February 2013 at 3:38PM, Edit: 20th February 2013 at 3:56PM by Scott
Please can anyone explain to me why on earth them silly "Roundels" or roundabouts whatever you want to call them were put there??? Im sick and tired of trucks just going straight across them nearly causing a serious accident...and the "shared spaces"...I'd like to see peoples opinions on why they are any good???
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Belvoir
Townsperson

Belvoir
Re: Poynton Roundels
20th February 2013 at 6:35PM
I like the shared space and I think that is the opinion of most of the residents of poynton.. Also are the trucks that are going over the roundels indicating?
Flynn
Drifter
20th February 2013 at 8:05PM
It looks nice and that's about as far as it goes, traffic doesn't seem any better than before to me? And traffic seems hesitant to go now not knowing who's going where, I personally drive straight across them pathetic excuses for roundabouts as they aren't marked out intact I don't think there's any road markings there is that not safe?
Anyway it's a shared space so pedestrians can walk on the road and we can drive on the path if you can tell where it is from the road, isn't that shared space????
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th February 2013 at 8:32PM
Hi Belvoir, No the trucks are not indicating, and today 1 just went right across when I'd already gone onto roundel so I put brakes on and he just didnt even look at my car that he nearly hit...the shared space for pedestrians yes but why so many when I go up park lane theres loads and some pedestrians dont even use them they just cross on other parts of road ?????? I know some will see good points about them I suppose I just dont it was better when an actual roundabout was there..
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
20th February 2013 at 9:17PM

Watch this - maybe you'll understand the principles a little better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vzDDMzq7d0 Poynton shared space

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th February 2013 at 9:37PM
Haha funny that video as today a wagon was having to manouver around a funeral car outside the church, and still it was a struggle...but dont think it needed 2 roundels and so many crossing areas up park lane but thats just my opinion...I remember it how it was (like that video showed) and I just dont see where its been made outstandingly better by what has been done..
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th February 2013 at 9:40PM
I did understand by the way what they were "trying" to do but Im just not convinced...but I only speak for my own opinion and on what I have seen there (ie : several drivers cursing and waving their hands at drivers who obviously arent quite sure of the layout)
Belvoir
Townsperson

Belvoir
21st February 2013 at 8:40AM
it also annoys me when people cross at non dedicated parts of the road x also
I think some crosings are far too cloe to the fountain place junction x

other than that I like it xx
cartman
Villager

cartman
24th February 2013 at 8:37AM
It would appear that Flynn needs to take a driving test/lessons again , as the basic principles of driving still apply .. i haven't seen anything in the HW code to suggest you can drive straight across a roundabout .. fundamental to all road users are indicators .. and knowing how to use them .. i suggest you dust down your attitude and re engage .
RichT
Townsperson

RichT
24th February 2013 at 2:28PM
For reference;
Highway code for mini roundabouts rules 188, 189.
and for mutiple mini roundabouts rule 190.
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..