10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Poynton Phase 2 & Hazel Grove

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 >>

Drifter
Re: Poynton Phase 2 & Hazel Grove
24th May 2012 at 8:56AM
JohnOrton Wrote:

Hello. I'm an ex Grover but I joined to ask about the new roundabouts at Poynton. I had the benefit of using them early on Easter Bank Holiday Monday and flew through. With no other traffic of course. A big improvement on the roadworks!
I thought to myself (in the same way as earlier contributors) which utter dingbat came up with this idea???
As a solution for a sleepy village somewhere in deepest Cheshire it has logic. As a junction on the main route between Macc and Stockport it's barking!
Unless there are expectations with SEMMS that might make the A523 redundant.
Anyone had the benefit of the junction at rush hour? Was it worse or better than the old traffic lights?
Definitely worse travelling hg to poynton in morning rush hour for the last few weeks, could be due to the temp bridge closure in higher poynton. Poynton to hg seems better.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
24th May 2012 at 7:45PM
Hello citizens. My question is, what has all this upheaval actually achieved? I use this road regularly saturday mornings (11 ish 12 ish)from Hazel grove to Macc. Since the road works have been cleared, traffic has backed up to the Bulls head(south park drive area)on at least 4 occasions, this use to happen but not has often when traffic lights were in place, add to this I know of 2 people who have been knocked over on the roundabout (no serious injuries) and 2 accidents on park lane. Maybe its my mind playing tricks on me, but I dont see a lot that has improved
Nemo
Drifter
26th May 2012 at 12:42PM
Drifter Wrote:

Hello citizens. My question is, what has all this upheaval actually achieved? I use this road regularly saturday mornings (11 ish 12 ish)from Hazel grove to Macc. Since the road works have been cleared, traffic has backed up to the Bulls head(south park drive area)on at least 4 occasions, this use to happen but not has often when traffic lights were in place, add to this I know of 2 people who have been knocked over on the roundabout (no serious injuries) and 2 accidents on park lane. Maybe its my mind playing tricks on me, but I dont see a lot that has improved

Drifter, as your ,obviously, a regular user of this route, just how bad is the traffic problem, in the near future we have to get to Hollin Hall Bollington, at about noon, for our daughters wedding, any extra info would be much appreciated.
Drifter
26th May 2012 at 8:09PM
Dont worry nemo, just allow yourself 10 - 15 mins extra. On occasion traffic has just flowed through,other times you can be stuck there 10 mins,which was why I asked, what has improved?.For the amount of money that has been thrown at this scheme, I dont see a lot that has changed
Nemo
Drifter
27th May 2012 at 10:52AM
Thanks for the info Drifter, arriving half an hour early would be better than the alternative, as for for the money spent, I didn't see much wrong with the old traffic light system.
<< 1 2 3 >>

Part of..