A Village in Cheshire

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

BREAKING NEWS - Relief road scrapped!

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Goggins
Villager

Goggins
Re: BREAKING NEWS - Relief road scrapped!
7th January 2013 at 8:21PM
glenandem Wrote:

As regards becoming a cllr, I've never said I wanted to be one and agree it could be hard sometimes but feel from what I hear around the grove they don't listen enough to our local folk and they don't stand up enough for our community

I rather wish they would stop listening. Councillors are elected on a manifesto, for a party with policies. I vote for or against them on that basis. I don't particularly want them swaying back and forth trying to please whichever of the local folk happens to be shouting the loudest. Stick to what you believe in!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
7th January 2013 at 10:08PM
thats true but that manifesto has to be on what they think the general public want to hear, otherwise they wouldnt get elected.
if its a minority i agree but if its something thats gathering momentum and more and more people are talking about it, ie the proposed airport relief road. cllrs need to sit up and listen?
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 9:48AM
From what i can see/hear it is still a small minority who oppose this road! Granted its an equally small minority who support it too, from what i can see the majority are either undecided or simply in a neutral position on it!
noroadm
Banned
8th January 2013 at 10:41AM
Stop deceiving yourself   Coleman

there is not a small minority opposing this road

There are many opposing it
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 11:07AM
Is there hell!

I'm sure to the people who do oppose the road it seems that way, after all your all pending a hell of a lot of time talking to like minded people and going to meeting with them etc. But the majority of people have no strong opinion either way!

My partners and my family's are neutral, our neighbours are, my colleges are, all my friends are, in fact i don't know anyone personally who either strongly supports or opposes it.

I know there are groups who oppose and groups who support the road and i understand there reasons for both (some justified, some not so much) but don't try and make out nobody wants this road, because some do and most either don't know if they want it or don't mind either way!
noroadm
Banned
8th January 2013 at 11:18AM
i maintain the opinion that there are increasing numbers who oppose it

Please respect that opinon and i would have thought your job as moderator would have been to be impartial and not try to talk me down at every opportunity
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 11:45AM
My role as moderator does not preclude me from having my own opinions and views.

I do respect your opinion, i do however believe it is wrong. And not once have i 'talked down' to you, i simply disagree with a lot of what you have been posting of late. And just as you are allowed your opinion, i too am allowed mine!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
8th January 2013 at 12:08PM, Edit: 8th January 2013 at 12:08PM by Norma_Stitts
Coleman Wrote:

My partners and my family's are neutral, our neighbours are, my colleges are, all my friends are, in fact i don't know anyone personally who either strongly supports or opposes it.

That sums it up perfectly.

noroadm Wrote:

i maintain the opinion that there are increasing numbers who oppose it

How many people attended your last meeting?

Now forget other towns and bear in mind there are over 15,000 people in Hazel Grove. Is Coleman still deceiving himself that you are in the minority?

Minority:
a. The smaller in number of two groups forming a whole.
b. A group or party having fewer than a controlling number of votes.
a. A racial, religious, political, national, or other group thought to be different from the larger group of which it is part.
b. A group having little power or representation relative to other groups within a society.
c. A member of one of these groups.
noroadm
Banned
8th January 2013 at 12:25PM
I don't attend meetings

I will be going to the forum meeting tonight along with my neigbours

I have met with the head planner twice

I have met with many people in the ( protected woodland )

fighting against this road is what i and many believe in and i will not be dictated to in a forum

Many have determined- whether they are in Paula or any other group that this road is wrong

I do not mind being in the minority   and standing up to people who resort to various methods to try and bring my opinion down
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
8th January 2013 at 12:39PM
noroadm Wrote:

fighting against this road is what i and many believe in and i will not be dictated to in a forum

I do not mind being in the minority   and standing up to people who resort to various methods to try and bring my opinion down

Who is dictating to you? And who is trying to 'bring down' you opinion?

I'm not even sure what you mean by that. The point i am trying to make is a) many people hold differing opinions to yours and theirs are just as valid and b) going around claiming that everyone or even a majority oppose this road is simply wrong.

Stick to facts and your opinion, both of which defined as such and there can't be any arguments or disagreements!
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>