Poynton News

A Village in Cheshire

10 10 / 10 from 1 Review

Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>

Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
23rd December 2012 at 2:38PM, Edit: 23rd December 2012 at 2:42PM by Blue_Grovers_Henchman
Dolores Wrote:

Honestly, we're not interested in scare-mongering or circulating half-truths. We just want Stockport Council to be honest about the effects of the road and its true purpose which, to date, we don't believe they have been. By posting on forums such as this, we hope to encourage people to have a really good look at the scheme and make sure they are aware of all the facts before they make up their minds about it.

But that's just not true is it Delores, you have said on here in only the last few weeks as plain as day, that you are against 'the road' in any form.

You have your own reasons for being against 'any road' in 'any format', which is fine by me. But, you continue to try and conjure as much support from as wide an audience as possible by using as many emotional scaremongering descriptives as you can possibly think of. In your last post alone, you used the end of civilization, ruining of lives through flooding, upsetting the balance of nature, crops failing, wildlife disappearing - blimey, you sound like one of those Mayan lot! I seem to recall they were barking up the wrong tree with that one as well.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
23rd December 2012 at 2:43PM
So basically they are old trees. Not too fussed myself. Chop them down, plant some new ones. Job done.

Off your link there are still 760,000 acres of this ancient woodland left. That's more than ample. If you want to live in the past hang up your car keys, stop using electricity and gas, only eat and wear what you can grow or catch. Build a house (probably by chopping down your ancient woodland) using mud, cruck frames and hay. Live in the loft above your animals. Suddenly history doesn't seem so appealing does it?
0 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
23rd December 2012 at 4:53PM
I'm more than happy to engage in healthy debate but the posts on here are becoming unpleasant, so I'll withdraw from the forum. In putting forward my views I have never belittled anyone else's, only encouraged them to investigate fully and offered assistance. As soon as that civility is lost, there's no way forward.
noroadm
Banned
24th December 2012 at 8:35AM
Dolores

Don't let a few dimwhits fool you

We   both believe in campaigning against this road - so please continue

Don't let their tactics get at you - they are probably not what they appear to be

Merry Christmas
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
24th December 2012 at 10:10AM
noroadm Wrote:

Dolores

Don't let a few dimwhits fool you

We   both believe in campaigning against this road - so please continue

Don't let their tactics get at you - they are probably not what they appear to be

Merry Christmas

Well said, totally agree.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in my opinion Delores talks a lot of sense. I see Delores as a very intelligent person with the sole aim of offering another viewpoint on this particular subject. I don’t see her as a scaremonger at all but more a realist who is worried about the future of the environment and is trying to do something now to help protect it for the future generations to come.

You’ve only got to look at the Lake District to see how one person’s vision for the future worked and how they fought to protect the countryside from the greedy developers moving in and destroying it. Without people willing to stand up to protect our countryside there might be little left to protect in the future.

Delores you're a star please try to continue to post on our forum as there are lots of us who do appreciate your intelligent view point. Have a peaceful and merry Christmas Delores. Look forward to reading your comments in the New Year.
present
Cassandra
Villager

Cassandra
24th December 2012 at 10:51AM
I haven't looked at this site for a little while but I have to say that I am quite appalled at the tone and content of some of the posts recently. Well done to the last couple of people for standing up for politeness and decency. Some people on here are making a witch hunt out of a debate. There are always two sides to an argument Dolores all along has ONLY encouraged people to seek out the facts for themsleves before making up their minds. She has expressed a personal opinion too and is absolutely entitled to do so. The key thing is that she has also backed up her argument with specific examples and I'm afraid that is unlike a number of other people posting on here.
Merry Christmas to all, which ever side of the fence you are on.
noroadm
Banned
30th December 2012 at 3:28PM
Cassandra Wrote:

I haven't looked at this site for a little while but I have to say that I am quite appalled at the tone and content of some of the posts recently. Well done to the last couple of people for standing up for politeness and decency. Some people on here are making a witch hunt out of a debate. There are always two sides to an argument Dolores all along has ONLY encouraged people to seek out the facts for themsleves before making up their minds. She has expressed a personal opinion too and is absolutely entitled to do so. The key thing is that she has also backed up her argument with specific examples and I'm afraid that is unlike a number of other people posting on here.
Merry Christmas to all, which ever side of the fence you are on.

--

It is a pleasure - happy new year
iancook
Villager

iancook
31st December 2012 at 8:58AM
New Years update from PAULA

After the announced application for 1800 homes opposite the Handforth Dean retail park, comes a retail store (expected to be a new flagship NEXT) with a conservatory, garden centre, coffee shop and 209 car parking spaces tacked on the North end of the retail park directly opposite the mega estate. The land owned is owned by Cheshire East (who are looking for sites to sell to fulfill the compensation claims for Alderley Edge Bypass).

Although this is a brownfield site (was airport parking) there is Alderley Edge footpath No26 which goes right down the proposed frontage. Cheshire East Ramblers are on the case which is very impressive! They also pushed for ten years for a footbridge over the Alderley Edge Bypass and got it! The bypass is held up by George Osborne as a model project. It has been flooded twice since opening. There are two pumping stations hidden underground which remove surface water but these seem to have been beaten by an unusual deluge, Ground water has been ruled out because the cut in question is completely isolated from ground water by an impermeable barrier -perhaps. I expect these phenomena are also considered in the drainage report we are not allowed to see!

We really need to liaise with Cheshire East Ramblers to make sure we are promoting the rights of way under threat.

GOOD NEWS for PAULA.

Lush Cosmetics and Soap stores have set up a large public fund to assist groups like ours to legally protect the environment. Lillian has confirmed that funding for consultants (to challenge the Business Case and Environmental Assessment) has been successful!

Many thanks are due to Lillian and Sian Berry for their work on the formal application to the Lush fund. Two consultants of national repute have been contacted, and will be preparing a case for presentation to SMBC and the other relevant parties for them to quantify their decisions and figures presented to the public so far.

With access to national plans, proposals, research facts and figures from other new road proposals, we believe they will be looking for some sustainable answers to the many ambiguous facts already presented.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
31st December 2012 at 8:54PM
hi ian, interesting news there!
i thought paula had gone quiet but looks like you guys been doing some underground work lol, i saw the banner on chester rd the other day, still think you need more banners out there to let people know theyre not alone in the fight against this airport link rd, why not bang some at the lights?
not sure if its allowed or not but there seems to be plenty of ads put on them these days!
keep up the good work doing the work of the people just a shame local cllrs cant be bothered to look after theyre communties!
noroadm
Banned
1st January 2013 at 10:11AM
agreed - where are all the banners Paula - i got blocked on the google group forum for questioning just that
<< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >>