your*
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
22nd December 2012 at 8:33AM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

noroadm, you're attitude needs a good talking to.

Let me guess, your property is affected by this? Did you pay for the searches or did you ignore them? Either way...lump it.

I think that the wheels are in motion.

I'm not sure how the PAULA group are going on as Delores hasn't been on the site for sometime. All I can see is that they are building roads that won't hardly be used( eg Handforth Dean) And building houses that people can't afford to buy.
iancook
Villager

iancook
Tolls to be introduced on all new A Roads!
22nd December 2012 at 11:40AM
Under new revelations in the press today the government are considering introducing tolls on all new motorways and "A" roads being built in the future to offset investment in transport. Would this mean the road to nowhere becomes a toll road to and from the airport......how many locals would choose to pay to use the road or just use all the existing routes? The current scheme and the hazel grove and poynton bypasses would fall under the same toll road systems.... Is this project just going from bad to worse?
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
22nd December 2012 at 12:32PM
The last thing we need is for posts to become personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they're all equally valid. As far as PAULA is concerned, we are continuing to look at this scheme in fine detail, which is why we are becoming more worried as it progresses. Our main issues are with the public consultation and the lack of transparency from Stockport Council.
The public consultation should not have begun without all the facts available. Several of the documents are still in draft form and the Business Case makes many claims about economic growth and job creation but our requests for evidence and details have been refused. We have suggested that the consultation should be suspended until all the information is in it's final form.
We would also like Stockport Council to credit residents with some intelligence and be honest about the true purpose of this road. They cannot continue to present it as a solution to local congestion - even their own traffic flow figures don't support this claim. They should admit that it is a road to the airport, which is why it's being backed so enthusiastically by George Osborne. It may be that many residents would still be in favour of the road, and that's fine, but as things stand, we're being 'consulted' on a scheme that doesn't actually exist. The SEMMMS scheme involved improvements to public transport, cycling and walking routes, as well as roads - but certainly not THIS road, in isolation. The SEMMMS proposal makes it very clear that it would only work if ALL the elements were put in place.
There is another, urgent, concern. We are told that the extreme weather we have been experiencing is here to stay and the effects are made worse by building on open land, especially that which is prone to flooding, as is the case for much of this road. I don't need to tell you that to increase the risk of homes being flooded is madness.
Whatever happens, let's remember that we're neighbours and we should be respectful and civil to each other at all times.
noroadm
Banned
22nd December 2012 at 2:01PM
Norma Stitts   - how friendly

Please expalin why you feel under pressure by these facts
noroadm
Banned
22nd December 2012 at 2:04PM
Dolores Wrote:

The last thing we need is for posts to become personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they're all equally valid. As far as PAULA is concerned, we are continuing to look at this scheme in fine detail, which is why we are becoming more worried as it progresses. Our main issues are with the public consultation and the lack of transparency from Stockport Council.
The public consultation should not have begun without all the facts available. Several of the documents are still in draft form and the Business Case makes many claims about economic growth and job creation but our requests for evidence and details have been refused. We have suggested that the consultation should be suspended until all the information is in it's final form.
We would also like Stockport Council to credit residents with some intelligence and be honest about the true purpose of this road. They cannot continue to present it as a solution to local congestion - even their own traffic flow figures don't support this claim. They should admit that it is a road to the airport, which is why it's being backed so enthusiastically by George Osborne. It may be that many residents would still be in favour of the road, and that's fine, but as things stand, we're being 'consulted' on a scheme that doesn't actually exist. The SEMMMS scheme involved improvements to public transport, cycling and walking routes, as well as roads - but certainly not THIS road, in isolation. The SEMMMS proposal makes it very clear that it would only work if ALL the elements were put in place.
There is another, urgent, concern. We are told that the extreme weather we have been experiencing is here to stay and the effects are made worse by building on open land, especially that which is prone to flooding, as is the case for much of this road. I don't need to tell you that to increase the risk of homes being flooded is madness.
Whatever happens, let's remember that we're neighbours and we should be respectful and civil to each other at all times.

---
Agreed

and Norma Stitts   needs to spologise   

Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
22nd December 2012 at 2:40PM
noroadm Wrote:

Norma Stitts   - how friendly

Please expalin why you feel under pressure by these facts

You're welcome.

Why are you making things up? I don't feel under any pressure. I don't care if it's built or not and putting 'fact' doesn't make something so.
iancook
Villager

iancook
22nd December 2012 at 3:44PM
Norma, suggest you spend a little more time researching the 'FACTS' which Delores is quoting and I know that you will find them all true, unlike the reports, figures and draft proposals presented to us the public by SMBC in the hope we will believe them.
With the prospect of this road becoming a toll road to pay off the debt, would you still be happy to support it and more importantly pay say £1.50 to get to the airport from Hazel Grove?
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
22nd December 2012 at 3:47PM
Have you seen Councillor Hogg's comment on another thread? He admits that if the section from the A6 to Bredbury is built, it could be a toll road. If I were in the camp that would support the road if this section were built, I'd be extremely concerned.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
22nd December 2012 at 4:38PM
iancook Wrote:

Norma, suggest you spend a little more time researching the 'FACTS' which Delores is quoting and I know that you will find them all true, unlike the reports, figures and draft proposals presented to us the public by SMBC in the hope we will believe them.
With the prospect of this road becoming a toll road to pay off the debt, would you still be happy to support it and more importantly pay say £1.50 to get to the airport from Hazel Grove?

I wasn't refering to anything that Delores had posted. I was refering to the 'facts' that noroadm was on about.

What is it with you lot making up things that people haven't stated. Nowhere have I said I support it, I have stated that I do not care if it's built or not.

I'm not going to waste my time researching something I am not bothered by and I would have no need or desire to use it, free or not.

I would point out that you lot forcing your opinions on everyone, filling in the gaps to suit your agenda and intentionally misinterpreting things will be your undoing as it will put peoples noses out of joint and they will choose to speak up in support of it rather than have you lot 'talk on their behalf' as has happened a number of times in this thread already.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 >>