Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13 >>

pickers
Villager

pickers
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
4th December 2012 at 3:53PM
Cllr Hogg, your reference to monitoring the site is excellent and I applaud you for doing so, however any chance of an answer to my question on Dean Lane and the effect it will see.

I notice another forum visitor has posted some traffic information, however it appears to miss out information on Dean Lane, which seems to back up the fact Dean Lane is massively effected by the proposed road.

A comment from you would be much appreciated as I get nothing from SEMMMS as promised when they suggest they will send me more information on how roads like Dean Lane will be effected.

Thanks
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Diablo
Idler

Diablo
4th December 2012 at 9:35PM
If Kevin hogg represents the vast majority of HG residents then he will do the right thing and help reject this by-pass. Met him once when he double parked his jag causing all sorts of chaos, the guy just didnt care.
noroadm
Banned
6th December 2012 at 3:31PM
Agreed Diablo

I think the boys from Dukes of Hazzard must have overtaken him in their car

Do you care Boss Hogg ??   

Cleary not
nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
14th December 2012 at 8:54PM
Dean Lane will indeed be massively affected by the link road - when it is finally built. It will lose the considerable traffic that currently uses it to get from the end of the existing A555 in Woodford to the A6. This traffic is currently split between Woodford Road (Woodford) then Chester Road then Woodford Road (Poynton) then Dean Lane, and through Bramhall then Bridge Lane then Jacksons Lane then Dean Lane. This traffic will now use the relief road and the A523.

If you live on Dean Lane, you should be very grateful that it is finally being built.
pickers
Villager

pickers
15th December 2012 at 9:30AM
Morning Nedsram

Firstly, I am mainly "for" the ByPass - As a local business owner on the A6 AND as a resident of Hazel Grove (HG) albeit a Dean Lane resident who will be effected by an increase in traffic, not the decrease you talk of. (I have put my selfish views to the side, to some extent and if an increase is to be, then hey hoe!)

My business to give a little away (and not a plug) really does mean I am one of our areas (HG) BIGGEST advocates, I leterally have to fight for our area every day and combat MANY questions about this road, so clarity for me is important, I even think the council should have my industry on a "priority update list" as I possibly get asked more about this area than the council does! anyway.........

This road is being built to have people use it - and people will use it as a route to get somewhere faster NOTHING more!

I suppose the simple question I have on personal interest level is: How will people get to the Macclesfiled Road proposed junction? Surely they are hoping people do use this junction? and if so how will people get to it? A list of the possible roads/routes to get to Macclesfield Road from West of Dean Lane would be good? (do it twice and once pretending that Dean Lane does no exist!)

If they do not expect it to be a busy junction, then can I propose a great money saving plan - Don't build this junction and spend some money on the A6.

I grew up with the Cheadle Hulme bypass and ALL of the traffic that was to be taken away from Turves Road, Etchells Road, Wilmslow Road, Cheadle Road etc is stil there! oh and the bypass is gridlocked too!

Once again, I have not said I am against this road "as such" I can see the benefits as a business owner and local family man, BUT I asked Cllr Hogg for an answer, as SEMMMS give me nothing, the local SMBC email I sent nothing back, the Exhibitions nothing.

My view is, once built, other businesses and development will occur on the land around the bypass (as it did in Cheadle Hulme, Handforth etc) and when this happens the new road will become gridlocked too as people try to get to the "new" facilities, so basically people WILL start to fall back to their old routes anyway! We have a live example in recent times to show this will happen, that any good effect will be short lived!

(ps any spelling errors etc, sorry and to repeat I am just interested in a "official" to give me some answers for Dean Lane as even you must agree Nedsram, to have NO figures for the Dean Lane impact is odd!! If it was a decrease SURELY they would boast this?

Have a good day and weekend to all. (Oh and Merry Christmas)
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
15th December 2012 at 9:48AM
If you look at the traffic flow chart on the SEMMMS website, you'll see that the projected decrease of traffic on Dean Lane is minimal. Down from 165000 to 139000 In terms of daily vehicle movements. That will be barely noticeable - and, of course, these figures are being presented by Stockport Council, who are putting forward a 'best case scenario' which doesn't take into account the amount of extra traffic that will be generated by the new road or the fact that smaller, local roads quickly fill up around such schemes as drivers seek short cuts.
Just beware if you do consult this chart that the middle figures, in green, are invalid. These are out of date predictions of what the traffic levels would be WITHOUT the new road; it's widely accepted now, even by cynics, that traffic levels are falling throughout the country and the north-west has seen some of the most dramatic decreases.
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
17th December 2012 at 9:52AM
Dolores Wrote:

If you look at the traffic flow chart on the SEMMMS website, you'll see that the projected decrease of traffic on Dean Lane is minimal. Down from 165000 to 139000 In terms of daily vehicle movements. That will be barely noticeable - and, of course, these figures are being presented by Stockport Council, who are putting forward a 'best case scenario' which doesn't take into account the amount of extra traffic that will be generated by the new road or the fact that smaller, local roads quickly fill up around such schemes as drivers seek short cuts.
Just beware if you do consult this chart that the middle figures, in green, are invalid. These are out of date predictions of what the traffic levels would be WITHOUT the new road; it's widely accepted now, even by cynics, that traffic levels are falling throughout the country and the north-west has seen some of the most dramatic decreases.

Hi Dolores

Can you confirm where you have seen the figures for Dean Lane (Hazel Grove) as they are not on the "Traffic Plan" (you refer to a traffic flow chart). Are you sure daily traffic movements of 165000 is correct for Dean Lane, seems very high looking at other figures on the "Traffic Plan".

Thanks
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
18th December 2012 at 6:11AM
pickers Wrote:

Morning Nedsram

Firstly, I am mainly "for" the ByPass - As a local business owner on the A6 AND as a resident of Hazel Grove (HG) albeit a Dean Lane resident who will be effected by an increase in traffic, not the decrease you talk of. (I have put my selfish views to the side, to some extent and if an increase is to be, then hey hoe!)

My business to give a little away (and not a plug) really does mean I am one of our areas (HG) BIGGEST advocates,

If traffic on the A6 is going to get worse (which I believe it will) as a result of this new road being built. And whilst I can see how many local shop keepers think that it might be seen as a good opportunity to rise their profiles to passing trade. I for one think it will sadly back fire in you're faces if you vote in favour of this new road.

Look at the Grove as it stands now, shops are shutting down all the time. And I don't think it's purely as a result of losing trade to ASDA and Sainsbury's. It's because who on earth wants to shop on one of the busiest roads in England with tankers and buses hurling past you at the rate of noughts. Not forgetting the fumes and traffic lights that try but don't really stop anything. This new road won't stop or even reduce any of those problems it will just make matters worse by increasing them.

So unless yours is a business that can operate from online orders and sales I feel that this new road won't assist you you in the slightest. And if you're not one of those businesses I can't see why any passing trade might think that this looks like a nice place to shop so let's park up and have a look round.

The only real winners will be the big supermarkets with their private car parks and their big signs saying come this way passing motorists, nip in and get a bit of shopping before you carry on with your journey.

Think very carefully (Mr and Ms little local shopkeeper) before you make your vote about what actual improvements this new road will bring to you and the Grove. Personally I think none whatsoever. Just more of the same problems, until our little shops are eventually squeezed out all together.

noroadm
Banned
18th December 2012 at 10:43AM
This road   is   bad news

The latest is that the field off Mill Lane will be used as Land fill

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
18th December 2012 at 11:15AM
Can anyone tell me when officially the consultation with the council and the public ends.

Surely until then nothing is written in stone. Or am I completely wrong and it's now set in concrete.......
<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13 >>