Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13 >>

Dolores
Villager

Dolores
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
30th November 2012 at 1:45PM
Cllr Hogg, I'm very glad to hear you are monitoring this site. You'll understand, therefore, that a huge number of people in Hazel Grove feel utterly betrayed by you and your colleagues. It is outrageous to build a road that will make local traffic so much worse, in the vague hope that the promised bypass section may materialise in the future. It's time to be honest with people, including those who will see a massive increase in traffic outside their door.
PAULA has as many members from Hazel Grove as from Poynton - do you really think the residents of Hazel Grove would turn against the road, just because the people of Poynton told them to? You insult the residents you are supposed to represent with this suggestion.
What has actually happened is that the people of Hazel Grove have woken up to the fact that they have been horribly misled and they've looked for help. They didn't find any from their local councillors so they've turned to the only group really looking at the impacts of this road in detail - something you should have done. You have failed in your duties.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
iancook
Villager

iancook
30th November 2012 at 8:28PM
In agreement with Delores on this. With all the major errors in the documentation, exhibitions and facts to the public, why hasn't the likes of Mr Hogg called on SMBC on behalf of his local supporters for a review on the plans and facts being improperly presented to the public of Hazel Grove.

Get the public consultation stopped now. And call for a council review of the facts and then present them correctly to the people it will affect, your neighbours and hazel grove residents.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
ire
Villager

ire
1st December 2012 at 9:50AM
There's a great many people in Hazel Grove who CANNOT WAIT for this road to be built as well. All the traffic coming from the east that needs to hit the morway network will use the new bypass - surely our village will become a safer place to shop, and who knows, encourage people to start supporting their local retailers??
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
1st December 2012 at 10:18AM
What about the traffic heading from the west to join the new road? Or from the popular Marple cut-throughh? As much traffic will be brought in as will be taken out from the east. If you look at a map of the wider area, you can see where traffic will travel to get to the start of the new road on the A6 - and remember, not all of the traffic coming from the east is going to the airport. If its destination is Manchester, it'll stay on the A6.
Hazel Grove residents will not benefit, in fact the only town that may see an easing of congestion is Wilmslow, in the constituency of George Osborne, who's pledged £165m towards the road, which leads to Manchester Airport and the Enterprise Zone/World Logistics Hub, the brainchild of ... George Osborne.
This is not a bypass - that name was dropped long ago as the road doesn't actually bypass anything. It's a relief road, intended to relieve the M60.
pickers
Villager

pickers
1st December 2012 at 11:19AM
Cllr Hogg

I spoke with the SEMMMS info helpline yesterday and there appears to be no real information on how Dean Lane in particular will be effected. That said there appears to be little about anything they can tell you.

They said as of yesterday there was no data available for Dean lane and the effect the "proposed road" will have on it, although he was sure traffic calming measures would be put in place to help any roads effected? What could you do with Dean Lane to calm the increase in traffic? (I trust that SMBC are not thinknig of chopping the trees down on the right hand side as your heading towards Macc Road and turning the grass verge into a third lane!) Now I can't be the only person who has thought of this as a solution to this road increasing the traffic 10 fold on Dean Lane, or is this a card that SMBC are reluctant to share.

I suggested to them (the SEMMMS people) Dean Lane will possibly be one of the most effected roads by this scheme in increased traffic terms, as unless cars will magically appear at the junctions of the "proposed road" they will have to get to it some how and Dean Lane without question will bear the brunt of the traffic heading form the west to get to either of the proposed junctions. FACT!

What are your comments on how Dean Lane (my own Road) will see an "increased" amount of traffic, as a result of a road which is meant to bring the opposite? A road already gridlocked from 5:10pm until 6pm most weekday evenings.

and/or why are there no stats on Dean lane available?

I look forward to your reply ... Kind Regards.
RunningWalker
Villager

RunningWalker
1st December 2012 at 3:00PM
If the relief road is built, the following roads will, according to the published SEMMMS information, see a significant percentage increase in traffic, thus:
A6 Disley                    43.7%
A6 High Lane                        24.5%
Windlehurst Road, High Lane          21.9%
Threaphurst Lane                       100%
Torkington Road, Hazel Grove          39.1%
Torkington Road, Hazel Grove          93%
Chester Road, Hazel Grove                  38.6%
A34 Wilmslow                       24%
A34 Handforth Dean               30%
A34 Bradshaw Green               28.8%
Smithy Green                       26.5%.
Hardly a relief to these roads or any surrounding roads.
If however the road is not built, (the do minimum solution) and £300m is not squandered on ripping up the countryside, the following roads will, according to the published SEMMMS information, see little change or a percentage decrease in traffic, thus:
A6 opp. Police Station, HG          3.0%
A6 opp. Asda, HG               1.6% decrease
A6 Stepping Hill               1.1% decrease
Adlington               8.8% decrease
A523 Hazel Grove/Poynton          36.7% decrease
Macclesfield Road, HG          12.7% decrease
The published traffic predictions so far are a complete mess, and will be savaged at any subsequent public enquiry. SMBC believe that traffic levels are on the increase, but in actual fact they are not. The Greater Manchester Local Transport Plan shows that the number of peak car journies into Mnachester city centre has reduced by 15% over the last 10 years and that average journey times along the A6 have reduced by 1 minute 16 seconds per mile since 2006.
Less peolple are using cars, more peolpe are using public transport. Car travel is reducing because we do more home shopping, we communicate using Skye/Facetime rather than travelling to see people, fuel prices have risen sharply , followed by motoring insurance costs, we video conference rather than travel endless and non productive miles to meet our business partners, HGV traffic has dropped by 3% since 2010. I could go on, but please read Your text to link here...
Baffled
Villager

Baffled
1st December 2012 at 5:09PM
I think it is a fantastic plan. Stop moaning.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
2nd December 2012 at 4:43AM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I am monitoring this site, watching mostly Poynton people raging against a Rd that the vast majority of Hazel Grove people want.

I've looked at all the facts and figures Kevin, and still I can't find any reason why Hazel Grove should want this road to go ahead.

Please can you tell us Kevin the merits of this road for Hazel Grove and why in it's present form we should want it to go ahead?

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
2nd December 2012 at 11:27AM
i appreciatte cllr hogg at least replying,what other local cllrs representing the area have come on to voice theyre ideas?
i believe he's entitled to his oppinion as everyone is but when the facts are adding up and its being stated in stockport councils own reports,questions have to be asked!
i believe disley are having an urgent meeting on 12th dec as its coming out now that traffic will rise considerably through theyre town centre but at least theyre having the guts to stand up to it, why arent our local cllrs having meetings and why arent they concerned about the figures showing rising traffic levels if its built?
heres one example of cllr hogg not helping the locals though-
a few months ago i contacted the council about the foilage overgrowing the footpath at the side of the a6 on simpsons bend, ive had replys from them saying its going to be done etc by a certain date and given case ref no's, then i put the question on here asking for any local cllrs to look into this, cllr hogg was the first to reply and said he knew about this and would chase it up.
anyway months later and people stepping onto the a6 on a blind bend into oncoming traffic and guess what the foilage is still overgrown, somones tried to cut it back ever so slightly too and i even witnessed an old lady on a mobility scooter driving down the bike lane into oncoming traffic to avoid it!!!
i have to step off the path every time i walk past and its a joke, cllr hogg lives less than half a mile yet hasnt chased it up after commenting on here that he would look into it.
what chance have we got of him helping the concerned residents and interests of hazel grove and the facts of rising traffic if he cant even help chase up a simple overgrown footpath?
will be very interested to see what happens with the urgent disley meeting planned for 12th dec
noroadm
Banned
4th December 2012 at 3:43PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I am monitoring this site, watching mostly Poynton people raging against a Rd that the vast majority of Hazel Grove people want.

---

Mr Hogg

I am a hazel grove resident   who DOES NOT WANT THIS ROAD

You are deceiving yourself

The road will make Hazel grove a worse place to live in

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13 >>