Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan

This thread was submitted to SEMMMS / Hazel Grove & Poynton Bypass / A555 MAELR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13 >>

spectrum
Villager

spectrum
Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
22nd November 2012 at 1:29PM, Edit: 27th November 2012 at 9:00AM by spectrum
Anyone else confused by the traffic plan pdf on this page?

http://www.semmms.info/a6/consultation/localarea

WITHOUT the relief road, by 2017 the predicted figures show,

1) traffic on Macclesfield Road at the Fiveways will drop by approx. 13%
2) traffic near Poynton Pool will drop by 37%
3) traffic on Chester Road at Poynton will drop by 26%
4) traffic near Adlington Business Park will drop by 9%

Anyone know why there is such a predicted drop in traffic around these areas WITHOUT the relief road? Why has most of it magically ended up on Clifford Road in Poynton?

Any other views on the predicted figures within this document (any area), please reply.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
pickers
Villager

pickers
Re: Airport Relief Road - Traffic Plan
23rd November 2012 at 11:59AM
Would love to know what the Increase on Dean Lane Hazel Grove will be?

Anyone, west of Dean Lane potentially will be drawn to it like a magnet! to get to the Macc Road junction.

Dean Lane, will suffer the very opposite of what this bypass is meant to be providing. (my opinion)
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
24th November 2012 at 7:06PM
The traffic modelling is extremely flawed. Most of the projected falls in traffic are actually the difference between vehicle movements after the road is built, and projected traffic movements if it were not built. Unfortunately, they are using predictions that are no longer valid - they insist that traffic will increase by a huge amount, even though levels are falling throughout the western world. Traffic modelling experts have called for an urgent review. Even a slight adjustment downwards would see all the promised congestion relief disappear.

I was at the Hazel Grove exhibition for a couple of hours today and was once again horrified by the Stockport Council representatives' lack of knowledge. They couldn't justify their traffic figures or explain how they'd been reached. They also all but admitted that this road would bring very limited benefits without the other sections originally planned and they said there were no plans to build these and absolutely no guarantees they could ever be built.

One SMBC chap I spoke to got very flustered about the traffic modelling and conceded that it was all guess work and they couldn't say for sure that extra traffic would not be drawn to the area because of the road.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
25th November 2012 at 12:57PM
Hi Dolores, sorry I couldn't get to the meeting last week. But I have sent my form back and signed the online petition in protest against this road being built.

However I was suprised that there are not more people signing the online petition. But I for one did not know about it until I read about it on the forum.

Do you think that's all that needed to put a stop to this road being built. And can you tell us anymore about what wheels are in motion from behind the scenes of the PAULU group?
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
25th November 2012 at 3:42PM
We are meeting tomorrow at 7pm in the Davenport Arms, Woodford. Everyone is welcome. We are being supported by the Campaign to Protect Rural England in our examination of the Business Case and the traffic modelling. I don't want to say too much about our plans on this forum as I'm aware it is read by councillors but if you come along tomorrow or leave your details on the PAULA website, we can update you.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
25th November 2012 at 4:01PM
I might be a bit thick Delores but where do I leave my details if I want to be kept informed of any future plans of Paula.

I can easily can find the petition website, but there's no place on that wesbsite for you to leave your details to receive any ongoing information.

If possible Delores please can you post the full address.

Thank you.
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
25th November 2012 at 4:17PM
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/paula

Our website is www.saveourgreenbelt.uk.com but if you click on the front page, to sign the petition, you'll be taken to the link above. If you enter your email address there, you'll be signed up to our group emails.

Any problems, please shout.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
26th November 2012 at 10:06PM
I too found it very frustrating speaking to these people at the models, one guy I spoke to who actually helped do the budget told me how he had to help trim the financial side of it down by scrimping on junctions, they won't be digging the road into the ground as deep in places to help contain noise from residents!
He too agreed that he doesn't think it will help unless we had the full road go ahead?
I just get so frustrated when I drive into the grove and I see them great big dirty signs near the speed camera at Simpsons asking for opinions etc when you know they won't take notice of people's views anyway(they didn't even give any options for the main part of getting on and off it at the great idea of more traffic lights,they don't tell people how they're ok plowing through protected woods or right next to schools!)
I wish many more people knew the truth and facts about this scheme and how it won't help our area, all I keep reading if mp's from other areas like Iain Roberts saying how good it will be on the Stockport express website and his website, aren't dimlibs supposed to be green, not very green getting rid of some of Cheshires finest greenery.
Just hope Paula get some signs made up and posted on a6 for everyone to see as they really need to get the message out there that this won't help, all my friends who agree with me after I've told them info about this rd and the traffic it will bring have signed the petition and I'm trying to encourage more people every day!
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
26th November 2012 at 10:13PM
And anouther thing where have all the cllrs gone that used to come on here a few times a week and why aren't they concerned about this sham of a road going into the area Thryre supposed to look after?
Bring on election time that's what I say!
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
30th November 2012 at 12:48PM
I am monitoring this site, watching mostly Poynton people raging against a Rd that the vast majority of Hazel Grove people want.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13 >>