12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Semms 3d Video showing Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Cassandra
Villager

Cassandra
Re: Semms 3d Video showing Hazel Grove
4th November 2012 at 11:05PM
I don't think the people in Cheshire East are feeling any happier than you about this road. For a start the Poynton Bypass is not getting built - there's no money for it and this has been confirmed by the DfT. I'm convinced that by mentioning it ion the leaflet, Stockport Council are trying to silence any protest from Poynton because after all, its Poynton that is losing its greenbelt. The road doesn't benefit Poynton or Hazel Grove at all - it is all about George Osbourne's plans for the airport, which he has been advised not to develop by planning experts as it will be detrimental to Manchester and its surrounding towns from a trade point of view. The one thing this road is NOT about is easing local traffic problems!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
6th November 2012 at 9:11AM, Edit: 6th November 2012 at 9:12AM by spectrum
This post by Iain Roberts suggests that new traffic modelling has been done targeting the new road only and will be published on the SEMMMS site shortly.

http://iainroberts.mycouncillor.org.uk/2012/11/02/relief-road-will-cut-traffic-in-cheadle-and-gatley/

No mention of how the road will affect traffic in Hazel Grove

As relieving traffic congestion in their area is probably one of the core reasons for being in favour or against this road being built, I find it unbelievable that these figures are being published weeks into the consultation when a lot of people will have already sent in a reply.

Anyone seen these figures for Hazel Grove?
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
6th November 2012 at 10:54AM
I've just looked on the Poynton forum expecting to see heavy opposition to this new road, but was surprised to only find that the only complaints seem to be about the increase in noise levels from the road.

I was wondering if the residents of Poynton see the new road as having a positive or a negative impact on their area?

I did hope that in some way this new road would benefit Hazel Grove, but unfortunately judging from what I have recently read it would appear that the opposite outcome will result.

I would gladly be open to listen to both for’s and against, however as the new roads funding has been approved is it not just a foregone conclusion that this road will go ahead (come what may) and be built. Unfortunately I am now being to feel that the only topic that is now up for discussion is whether to have roundabouts or traffic lights.

I keep waiting for some input from our local councillors on the situation as it stands now,(not how it was first proposed). Surely this must be a topic very close to their heart as well. It would be nice to know their views on what they see as the positive attributes that this road will bring to the Grove, and perhaps be able to waylay some of our concerns. But unfortunately all seems very quite.
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
6th November 2012 at 3:05PM
Spectrum, that has been one of our major problems with this proposal all along - the fact that Stockport Council are forging ahead with the public consultation despite the fact that they cannot present the full case. So many elements are still unfinished; the traffic modelling is flawed, they have no proper figures for degredation of air quality or increased noise, the Business Case to be presented to the Department for Transport isn't finished, it goes on and on.
As PAULA, a group campaigning agains the road, we challenged Stockport Council members at the Poynton exhibition on Saturday but they were woefully ill-prepared for any real questioning - it was truly shocking.
We have had no response to most of our applications for details under the Freedom of Information Act and Councillors such as Iain Roberts just continue to pedal the lie that this road will bring wide-scale easing of local congestion. Yes, a handful of residents on a few roads in Cheadle may benefit, briefly, but for the vast majority it will be an utter nightmare. Whatever your feelings about destroying the green belt, this road will create more congestion and chaos than ever before.
Serenity, I am going to try another post on the Poynton forum. It can be a strange place with some troll-like creatures who merely want to close down any rational discussion that emerges. That's why the Hazel Grove forum is such a pleasure to be a part of. I will give it one more go, though, as I know that most Poynton residents are waking up to the fact that they are NOT getting a bypass but they ARE getting a lot more traffic with the extended A555.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
6th November 2012 at 4:12PM
really does make me laugh how the council can think that by building a dual carriageway bypass that starts or ends in hazel grove can help areas like poynton and hazel grove that are already heavily congested and amazes me how our mp's are being so shy on this,arent they always popping up on here to say how theyre doing something to help with things that matter to the community?
cartman
Villager

cartman
6th November 2012 at 8:15PM
PAULA or who ever is against this road proposal need to gather support and momentum .. I genuinely feel we need to form a voice .. Is this road 100% happening, or can things be done to change or influence .. What are the local MPs doing / saying .. It's all to quiet for my liking
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
7th November 2012 at 4:22PM
Cartman, we are doing all we can to gather support and momentum. We are attending all of the public exhibitions and talking to people, explaining our position and why we feel this road is going to bring nothing but misery to Hazel Grove, Poynton and beyond.
We have a petition on our website www.saveourgreenbelt.uk.com but we all know how much notice politicians take of those. However, everyone who signs up for updates will receive all our emails, giving details of developments and dates of meetings, to which everyone is welcome.
There are two things that anyone against the road must do:
Firstly, fill in the questionnaire with the answer 'definitely against' to Q1, followed by 'no preference' to the junction options. This may sound odd but what has happened before on countless such 'consultations' is that the Council sees residents choosing different options, states there's no consensus of opinion, and does exactly what they like.
Secondly, write to your local councillors and your MP telling them you are against the road and giving your reasons.   
PAULA members at the Hazel Grove exhibition yesterday were astounded at the lack of knowledge shown by the Council representatives there. Three of the five had been drafted in to give the impression of a heavy presence. To quote one of our members "It is an insult to the community to send representatives who are so badly prepared, have no knowledge of the scheme and can merely point to the display boards and utter glumly that they cannot answer relevant questions. This is a £290 million scheme affecting thousands of lives, and at that cost, I would expect a thoroughly professional presentation."
If it's of any comfort, it appeared that 50% of people were against the road, 20% were in favour and the rest were undecided, or thought it was a done deal and they were merely coming along to inspect the route and junctions. We need to get across to people that this road is NOT a done deal, there is a very long way to go.
It will be a pleasure to meet and talk to any concerned residents at the next Hazel Grove exhibition on 24th November.

cartman
Villager

cartman
7th November 2012 at 7:33PM
thanks for the reply .. i will be there
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
7th November 2012 at 7:42PM, Edit: 8th November 2012 at 11:25AM by Scott
ive been asking a local cllr how its going to help hazel grove residents and the surrounding areas as he seems to know that it will help cheadle and gatley traffic so maybe he knows if it will help our area!
heres his page-
Your text to link here...
noroadm
Banned
8th November 2012 at 11:14AM
It is important we campaign against this road

Wake up

it will ruin lives

it will ruin community

it will create increased pollution , traffic noise and congrestion