12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Semms 3d Video showing Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Semms 3d Video showing Hazel Grove
30th October 2012 at 3:16PM
I can understand that when a bypass was first thought of (all the years ago) it would have been seen as a good idea for the Grove and surrounding areas, however the bypass (as we first thought of it) is not going ahead now, so is this new round of opinion seekiing consultations to judge public opinion as it stands now, or merely another tick the box exercise.

Also how is the new road legally allowed to go through woods that have a protection order on them? I don't understand..
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
30th October 2012 at 5:32PM
i cant understand how ancient protected woodland can be allowed to be plowed either?
i thought they was some of the most protected land?
one thing i just cant understand the planners and mp's who are supposed to be looking out for the interests of the local public cant seem to notice that nothing good can come out of having a four lane dual carriageway meeting up with a busy single lane a6 and not carrying on to bredbury hence dumping more traffic in hazel grove?
when you speak to most people they say its a good thing but what most dont realise is that its not the full bypass anymore an when you tell them it ends in hazel grove they quickly change theyre minds!
i would really like to know what all the local mp's oppinions are and whether theyre for or against it?
yetty
Villager

yetty
31st October 2012 at 3:36PM
just got our consultation form about the relief road,can anyone tell me what "gender/religion/ethnicity and sexual orientation"have got to do with road planning?
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
31st October 2012 at 4:50PM
i did mine online and i found that quite strange,maybe there not sure if the dual carriage way will be straight or run both ways!
very interesting though that theres no chance to give oppinions on the most important junction where it ends which will probably have the most controversy regarding anouther set of lights on the a6?
houseman
Villager

houseman
1st November 2012 at 10:06AM
I see that there are notices on the A6 asking for our views on this road. Do you thin that anyone will take any notice of them,I'm not so sure after the fiasco of the tip and the parcel office
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
1st November 2012 at 9:47PM
houseman Wrote:

I see that there are notices on the A6 asking for our views on this road. Do you thin that anyone will take any notice of them,I'm not so sure after the fiasco of the tip and the parcel office

think you need to turn your post the other way round pal,it should read will the council listen to anyones views after the fiasco of the tip and the parcel office, people said we needed them and no one listened and they was closed down!
Dolores
Villager

Dolores
2nd November 2012 at 12:49PM
Here's what will definitely happen:
The road will create more congestion at the A6 - it cannot possibly cope with the extra traffic generated.
It will bring more traffic to Poynton - a fact acknowledged by local councillors and MP David Rutley.
The volume of traffic in the area as a whole will increase by about 20%. Induced travel, as it is known, is a phenomenon accepted by the Department for Transport. It's people making journeys they wouldn't have made before, simply because the road is there.
The green belt surrounding the road will be built on. There isn't a single road in history that hasn't brought development with it. In addition, the way the road is being paid for will make this essential. Stockport will be relying on income from businesses and developments that will be created as a result of the road being built. The sprawl that the green belt is there to prevent will be inevitable.
The cost will rise and residents will be blamed for it. The original budget was £290m and was supposed to be environmentally sensitive. The 'either/or' junction options showed in the second 'consultation' leaflet offer cheaper alternatives. If residents vote for the more expensive options, which we were told were part of the scheme, then it's OUR fault that it's gone over budget.
The road will be filled with HGVs 24 hours a day, including many that would have used the M60/M56 to get to and from the airport. They will use the A6 to get on the new road.
Here's what will almost certainly happen:
The A6 will be gridlocked.
Extra traffic trying to get through Poynton will divert to Hazel Grove.
Any easing of congestion on local roads in Stockport will be very short-term and more than off-set by congestion created elsewhere.
Basic council services will be cut to pay for the road. That's bin collections, local buses (already happening in Cheshire East), services for the young and old.
Wild claims being made:
Congestion will get worse if the road isn't built. Nonsense, traffic levels have been falling since 2007. People are walking and cycling much more.
Everyone in Stockport is in favour of the road. Doubtful. Perhaps there is support in Mark Hunter MPs constituency but to try to move the 'problem' from his area to ours is abhorrent. He is woefully ill-informed about the road, as demonstrated in his recent interview on Pure radio.

This road is being pushed through for two reasons - to boost George Osborne's vision for an Enterprise Zone at Manchester Airport and to pave the way for large-scale development in our area. It has nothing to do with easing local congestion.
Filling in the form may not be enough - if you are against this scheme you MUST write to your local councillors and your MP.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
2nd November 2012 at 5:27PM
that really is a excellent piece you put there and generally does sum it all up, its not just about the traffic that will be gauranteed to come into the area and also get held up at the new junctions with lights rather than roundabouts even though they wouldnt be much better, its also about this great bit of countryside that we are lucky to live so close too and around and your right about building developments etc, it will get turned into brown belt.
ive heard rumours that if this does happen there are developers waiting to build a load of houses somewhere near hazel grove either near simpsons or down near the garden centre?
if that local cllr is pushing for the road so it helps his area out whys our cllrs not piping up and saying no to it?
doesnt cllr hogg and cllr wragg live right near where the traffic will be worst hit? surely they'd be interested in this and why havent they put any recent comments on this here?
Cassandra
Villager

Cassandra
3rd November 2012 at 9:13AM
That's a very good point. I was on this site at the time the Hazel Grove Bypass" was announced and Cllrs Wragge and Hogg were congratluating themsleves on finally getting it built. The problem is that this is NOT a bypass for Hazel Grove, but an absolute disaster instead. What is even more appalling is that the current consultation is not about whether we want this road in its current form (and the rest of it will never get built, the cost is exhorbitant)but about junction a or junction b.
In their arrogance, Stockport Council haven't even produced traffic modelling figures yet for the road ending at the A6 - they really expect people to believe that traffic modelling figures produced in 2003 when the road linked all the way through to the M60 will do just as well. Its absolutely unbelievable that they can make claims about improving congestion when they don't even know themselves - although as people on this site have noted, its pretty obvious to us!
There are countless miscalculations, overstatements and plain errors in their business case - and actually, this isn't even finished, despite being signed off by the Dept for Transport!
As a previous contributor says, its crucial that people write to their MP and local councillors. No doubt here's a very good reason they've gone quiet on here, but they need to do their jobs and provide some honest answers
Where is the traffic modelling report on the toad in its current form?
Why did Stockport Council refuse to acknowledge the ancient woodland at the end of Old Mill Lane, directly in the path of the road?
Why was Stockport Council not involved in maintaining a route for the Metrolink from Stockport to Hazel Grove?
Insomniac
Villager

Insomniac
4th November 2012 at 7:29PM
I noticed whilst reading the literature sent, that it states ' WHEN ' the Poynton bypass is linked. Surely there is far more traffic going through the Grove than Poynton ! Including all the stone wagons and other heavy goods vehicles, and I don't think they are heading for the airport, in fact not much traffic passing through the Grove is heading for the airport. Obviously money is talking again, and the Chancellor is going to allow another white elephant to be built like the Alderly Edge bypass that usually looks extremely traffic free, just because its in Cheshire. This new road will not make a blind bit of difference to ease Hazel Grove's traffic problems, it will probably make them worse if anything. Roll on the boundaries changing , if we get back under Cheshire the A6 might just be taken seriously.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>