12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Semms 3d Video showing Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Tyrawhitt
Townsperson

Tyrawhitt
Re: Semms 3d Video showing Hazel Grove
25th October 2012 at 10:05PM
Ah... but think big! It will eventually head northbound to Bredbury and then it becomes a cross roads with traffic lights. So expect the T junction to have traffic lights.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
25th October 2012 at 10:25PM
I've though big and thought about that other section which I personally think will never happen, we will be really look if this goes ahead and it looks as though it will!
That other section is apparantly way more expensive as it goes right underground near bredbury into a big tunnel.
But even if it did go ahead surely a roundabout would still be better wouldn't it to keep traffic moving a little better than sat at lights?
Anyone know how much of the protected woods are actually going to go too?
cartman
Villager

cartman
26th October 2012 at 7:44AM
whats are peoples general thoughts on the whole scheme ? Good / Bad ..
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
26th October 2012 at 12:40PM
Well Cartman I have very mixed feelings about this road. I think that if the heavy vehicles that come from Buxton make use of the new road it will be a good thing for the Grove, but will this advantage be offset by more cars coming through the Grove to join it, causing even more gridlocks, I think so..

So with this in mind I'm still not sure if there's anything that the Grove will gain from this road being built especially under the heading of resolving the current issues of congestion. Once again I think its more to do with better access to the airport for the motorists than what any of the areas it passes through actually need.

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
26th October 2012 at 3:55PM
Me personally I think it's wasted money and disgraceful to Tarmac so much beautifull land on that side of Stockport, it won't be taking much traffic away if anything more will be brought to the area as these sorts or roads do that, I mean they're building a direct dual carriage way to the airport how much traffic will that attract towards hazel grove high lane area and expect the current a6 to take more!
This isn't the answer, I personally think improving road layouts, junctions, doing away with some unneeded traffic lights and maybe make the trains a bit better somehow?
If we was having the full rd to bredbury m60 than maybe fair enough but it stops right where we want traffic taking away from!!
I've found a few pages on twitter against this and they are one from some people in poynton against it called paulaa555 and anouther which is really interesting tweets on the subject called ourgreenbelt
Have a look on twitter and read some of the info but from my research I've done personally, it's strange how the bypass has been off then on and now it's really being pushed but can't help thinking it has something to do with the 950 homes wanting to be built in woodford or this massive airport city plan and not because hazel grove congestion lol!!
Also rumours that if some of these greenbelt areas turn to brown belt I've heard that certain areas hazel grove being one of them, that there maybe a housing estate near Chester rd area but I must stress these are rumours on this part, the a6 traffic is definately not a rumour we all know what happens when temp lights go up on the a6 near Simpsons bend, imagine permanent lights there all the time and anouther dual carriageway letting more traffic onto the a6?
Also anyone think its strange how the protected norbury woods haven't been put in the 3d semmms video?
William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
28th October 2012 at 3:57PM
glenandem Wrote:

i presume the a6 juntion must be set in stone as theyre not giving you an option or your view on that section, strange as i would have thought that would be one of the main junctions with options as its where everyone gets on and off and theyve selected a t junction whereas most bypasses end with roundabouts so that surely will cause traffic having to stop for traffic lights?
strange how theyve not given an option for this part of the rd though?

There's limited room to manoeuvre at this end of the road because of the railway- the road gradient would be too steep to go under the railway and then come up to join the existing A6.
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
28th October 2012 at 4:57PM
hi cllr
what do you think about the 4 lane dual carriageway joining onto the 2 lane busy a6 if it goes ahead?
surely this cant help our area in any way, whenever theres a set of temp lights put anywhere on the a6 from rising sun up to high lane due to roadworks etc,theres traffic jams for a few miles either way into grove or high lane.
now imagine this with the other two lanes ending there and surely its so obvious this will cause traffic?
and because we havent got the full bypass to bredbury than that traffic will head down into hazel grove and either into the grove or right at bulls head to go to brecbury,marple etc.
it just wont work unless the full bypass is given the go ahead which i believe is no chance as the funding for this is just about scraping the barrel!
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
29th October 2012 at 4:45PM
For what it’s worth, here are my thoughts on the proposed relief road.

I believe that the promise of reduced congestion is a smokescreen to appease the local residents and keep any opposition to the building of the road to a minimum for as long as possible, in the same way that rumours of film studios and polo parks where spread regarding the Woodford development.

Although some areas may indeed benefit from a reduction in traffic due to the road, I believe that the road in its current form can only attract more traffic to the Hazel Grove area in order to join it. This on top of the plan for a park and ride scheme that potentially will add up to 450 cars to local traffic does not add up to an overall plan to reduce congestion in Hazel Grove.

So what will we be left with? Anyone who has had the misfortune of having to sit at the traffic light controlled junction on the A34 at Gatley Rd will have an idea of what Buxton road and Macclesfield road junctions will become. I believe we will be left with the same congestion at one end of Hazel Grove and potentially worse at the other.

It is becoming more and more apparent that the real driver for the road outside of the Airport City development is the residential and commercial development opportunities on and around the route, outlined by local council planning documents. The green belt around these areas is in place to protect local communities from the urban sprawl of Greater Manchester. Once the road is built and the green belt partially eroded, I think it will only be a matter of time before the rest of the green belt is consumed.

So I suppose the questions are these.

If you

* look forward to slightly faster trips from Hazel Grove to the Airport and M56 motorway
* don’t care that there will be a major increase in air and noise pollution with possibly no local benefit
* have no interest in the Green Belt that surrounds us

Vote to build the road.

If you believe
* that the proposed road will not relieve traffic congestion in Hazel Grove but possibly make things worse
* that the proposed road will result in the continued erosion of the green areas that surround and help define our suburb and surrounding areas

Vote against it.

If you believe that the congestion in Hazel Grove can only be relieved by the full road solution including the Bredbury link and Hazel Grove bypass, I suppose the questions are;

* If we vote for this section of the road can we cope with the possible negative impact in Hazel Grove until the rest of the roads are complete?

* Will there ever be an economic reason for completing the other roads as there is with the Airport Link?

Personally, I don’t think the other roads will ever be built. I therefore believe that as a Hazel Grove resident, the decision to approve the construction of the Airport link road and the consequences, good or bad, will be with us for generations.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
29th October 2012 at 6:14PM
Where are how do you vote one way or the other??
spectrum
Villager

spectrum
30th October 2012 at 9:09AM
Serenity Wrote:

Where are how do you vote one way or the other??

You should be receiving a second leaflet through the post with junction options and a freepost questionnaire to comment on the proposals. Two of the questions are;

Q1) What is your overall opinion on the proposed A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road?

(Please tick one)
Strongly in favour
In favour
No feeling either way
Not in favour
Definitely not in favour      
Don’t know

Q3) Do you have any other comments about the A6 to Manchester Airport Relief Road?
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>