12 Supporters 11 Opposers

Rant - SK postcode, Andrew Stunell, Bypass

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Ranter
Drifter
Rant - SK postcode, Andrew Stunell, Bypass
26th March 2009 at 4:52PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7965644.stm

Why doesn't Andrew Stunell do something better with his time and build a f***ing bypass.

He's let everybody down.
He's let you down.
He's let his friends down.
He's let his constituency down.
He's let his children down.
He's let the government down.
He's let wife down.
He's let his parents down.
He's let his extended family down.
He's let his party down.
He's let democracy down.
He's let country down.
He's let himself down.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: Rant - SK postcode, Andrew Stunell, Bypass
27th March 2009 at 5:07AM
wouldn`t be a conservative would you?
There appears to be nothing wrong with what he is saying. He doesn`t havethe power of a god
nor is he in government but in opposition, in other words to oppose stupid things that this government are doing. Long may the voice of reason reign.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
27th March 2009 at 5:29AM
Blimey, I thought I could go on a bit, this is a rant of biblical proportions!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Coleman
Area Admin

Coleman
27th March 2009 at 5:32AM
I don't think it's really a big deal if our post is marked with a Manchester post mark instead of Stockport! The only thing that would bother me is if the service gets any worse. Lets face it the postal services is already next to useless these days!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

This post has been deleted by the author.

HG-21
Banned
31st March 2009 at 6:42AM
Adora Wrote:

Blimey, Andrew Stunnell knows a lot of inflatable people, dunnhe?!

Anyway, I heard he's not started building the "f***ing by-pass" yet because he's waiting for the keys to the JCB. A spokesperson from JCB has confirmed, they're in the post!

LOL!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
14th January 2011 at 3:11PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

There appears to be nothing wrong with what he is saying. He doesn`t havethe power of a god
nor is he in government but in opposition, in other words to oppose stupid things that this government are doing. Long may the voice of reason reign.

A rather OTT original post almost certainly, but Kevin, Andrew Stunell is now in government and in fairly influential position I understand. Do you think he is now in a stronger and better position to speak up this much needed relief road?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
14th January 2011 at 4:29PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Andrew Stunell: Lib Dem MP.
Kevin Hogg: Lib Dem councillor.
Lib Dems - part of the ruling coalition.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
14th January 2011 at 5:45PM
This post is a bit over the top.
But I kind of agree with the sentiment...is he really concerning himself with this, with all the other issues that need dealing with?
And I'm certainly not a Tori - in fact I've been a life-long Lib Dem supporter, until recently.
The PO does need a shake up. If the business I worked with performed the way they do/acted that way/did the things they do - we'd be out of business in a second. So anything that changes it is welcome to me.
The article makes me feel a bit like I do when I read "Keeping in touch".
That feeling is "MEH"
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
16th January 2011 at 8:07AM, Edit: 16th January 2011 at 1:17PM by OliverJohnstone
I certainly am a Tory so my opinions on this topic will be pretty much self-explanatory. So here are a few facts to help others make a more informed decision:

1) Andrew Stunell was a leading member of the Lib Dem neogtiating team with the Conservatives after the General Election - the only non-front bench member of the team that would thrash out the terms and policies of the Coalition government.

2) Andrew Stunell is seen very much seen as a Liberal Democrat 'elder statesman' with considerable respect within the Liberal Democrats - so much so that his influence and authority could be significant in the support of policies/decisions.

3) He is also a minister in the Department for Local Government & Communities in the Coalition government - a fact that was much lauded about in the Stockport Express when he was appointed.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Drifter
16th January 2011 at 1:01PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I certainly am a Tory so my opinions on this topic will be pretty much self-explanatory. So here are a few facts to help others make a more informed decision:

1) Andrew Stunell was head of the Lib Dem neogtiating team with the Conservatives after the General Election - leading the team that would thrash out the terms and policies of the Coalition government.

2) Andrew Stunell is seen very much as a Liberal Democrat 'elder statesman' with considerable respect within the Liberal Democrats - so much so that his influence and authority could be significant in the support of policies/decisions.

3) He is also a minister in the Department for Local Government & Communities in the Coalition government - a fact that was much lauded about in the Stockport Express when he was appointed.

It would seem Oliver, you are suggesting that Andrew Stunell is now in an influential position to get the people of Hazel Grove et al heard?

I certainly don't seem to remember hearing him 'beat the drum' for the by-pass, and I can see nothing whatsoever on his website regarding the same. Very disappointing.

Hmmm, perhaps he's in a bit of a dilemma. I believe there is a fairly strong opposition in other areas of his constituency (nimbys) Ė perhaps he is more conscious of losing voting support versus sticking his neck out and getting fully behind it. Selfishness and altruism hand in hand. Tricky.

Mind you, its no different at local level. Take our local councilors for example (in fact I will ignore Mr and Mrs Corris as they seem to be Ďaboveí engaging on the local forum and thus donít deserve further inclusion) Cllr Hogg Ė a good, big hearted chap Iím told by others and I'm sure he is. But you canít help feeling there is a constant eye on allegiance to his political party rather than exclusive focus on standing up for and representing the local community at large. Then again, it is probably fair to say, I think, councilors of the Conservatives or Labour are challenged by the same dilemma and are possibly no better. Thatís a distraction, a shame and a waste of strong good intent in my view.

Is it too idealistic to expect those responsible when things go wrong, to stand up and take it on the chin? Followed closely by what they are going to do to sort Ďití. That person, would gain barrel loads more respect and support from me whether they be red, blue or orange.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 >>