<< 1 2 >>

glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
Re: Public Exhibition - A6 to Manchester Airport
8th November 2012 at 7:47PM
Drifter Wrote:

Wow glendem you actually got a reply!!!
I visited town planning in August and was promised an email...... Still waiting.
Also submitted an email to Semms 22 days ago, reminding them of this and requesting a reply,
Guess what?? Still waiting. Even more amusing was the sight of standing in the civic hall last night at 5.10 pm with 2 council rerasentatives trying to explain there way out of how the road will reduce congestion on the A6.
I simply pointed them to 2 major congestion areas that again stockport town annets have done a woefull job on the A6. Our 2 supermarkets, where it all bottle necks!
I then asked the question: so when the additional traffic, including HGVs use the A6 as a means to getting to the byepass, how exactly is that going to reduce congestion in these 2 areas? Needless to say, they stumbled for answers.
I to like many people that attended found their knowledge very poor, best of all when I asked about a traffic census, last one is based on 2009 figures!! Was Asda and the new junction in place then?
I seem to think not. Conclusion they haven't got a clue, are I'll prepared and have no relevant, accurate recent statistics.
I live on the a6 where the new road will also run at the back of my house, so share your feelings, I also give it 18 months before they suggest the existing a6 as a Toll road. The traffic that passes down the a6 goes no where near the airport. Instead it will simply turn the a6 into a car park and destroy our environment and drive any trade away from Hazel
grove because you simply won't be able to access it. Looking forward to the meeting.

hi grover, nice to hear from somebody else who has this road run right by theyre house too,can you tell me whereabouts you live where the road will run by yours, i live right next to the robin hood pub or thai fusion now! and the new road which will be the a6 runs yards from my back garden and ive been told that the current a6 will be just for buses which i believe it will but i dont see how they would stop traffic cutting through down this road so i'll have traffic right behind my house and right in front, when i moved here yrs ago i knew we would have to put up witht the a6 traffic and we bought the house knowing that and too be honest its really not that bad i find traffic wise unless theres roadworks, you have the morning traffic and night traffic and through the day it moves and once you get past 7ish at night the areas nice and quiet, we bought the house for the amazing views an fields round the back of the house and now that is under threat, we had the understanding years ago from some plans we saw that a roundabout was going to be put in at simpsons and now theyre putting the slip road in because its too close to the train track but i dont understand the train track was always there so why change from a roundabout to a t junction which will be even more hectic?
now you may think im only concerned about my property and my views and yes thats true but the years i've lived round here ive always gone on walks with my wife and kids and weve found some amazing paths and treks through the protected woods that are going to be plowed and some of the fields next to it,i take my kids looking for any of the coal mines round there! and im very concerned that all this beautiful land will go not just to the road but also to brown belt an made into houses and other buildings as my understsnding is the local councils are planning on this happening to pay for the road and thats why the government are putting the money up for it?
its just crazy that no local mps to hazel grove poynton etc are getting involved,i keep seeing a certain mp from cheadle popping up in the papers saying how great it will be for theyre area but all theyre doing is dumping more traffic into hazel grove and surrounding areas,its a no brainer and i cant understand how the surveys that have been carried out suggest it will help the area, if it went all the way to bredbury i could have understand but it doesnt and its really not going to help!
i had cllr hogg actually come round my house in april ish time and had a look where the route was going and shown him my concern which he agreed he could see the worry i have and said he'd let me know in july august how it was doing but ive never heard anything but to be fair ive never contacted him to see if he knew anything more as i think hes knows as much as anyone else, then i had cllr wragg arrange a meeting with jim mcmahann i think his name is,head of stockport planning and he showed me really indepth map of my house and tried to show me how its going to be further away then i think but i knew he was trying to ease me as i know the line its going to take and i know exactly how close it will be, one thing i did notice is if you look at the semmms plans where the new a6 runs and look where it join the current a6 near norbury hollow you will see a row of houses labelled park view which are on the other side of the robin hood to me and i live in the row called red row which for some reason arent labelled on the map!, that 3d semmms video is a waste of time too as it starts off on the golf course,wouldnt it be better to start off at the end of the old a6 where it joins the new put in section then i and all the other residents in that area could see how close it runs or what it looks like on a video but then again i believe its got houses airbrushed out and the protected woods etc!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Hjohnnycash
Unverified

Hjohnnycash
8th November 2012 at 8:11PM
I live just past the golf course, I sincerely hope no politician comes knocking on my door wanting to put their banner up!! Previously I have said yes this time it will be a firm no!!
Any politician with even half a brain or common sense will surely know just how much misery this will cause for our area. As previously stated any industry or local businesses won't survive as people will not put up with the traffic problems. Unless it runs the whole distance to bredbury it is absolutely pointless and a waste of public money! Oh where are Stockport council getting funding from did you ask? Possibly the 500 redundancies they are planning on making!!
When I presented that fact to the planning team at the civic hall. The response was superb..... I asked if there jobs would. E secure if this doesn't go ahead?
Response "they wouldn't have a problem getting another job'
Emphasises the whole ethos of our council and planners.....
Just do it it doesn't matter who or what is damaged/destroyed in the process!!!
Absolutely useless scheme. Save 300 million, save jobs, save our countryside.
Once and for all we do not want it!
Glenandem
Drifter
13th November 2012 at 12:20PM
Wow just been to high lane to see the route, I thought it would actually be a model, it's just the maps I've already seen with that silly video that doesn't show the a6 section apart from an overview!
Even on the maps they had on table where it shows it going through norbury woods it looks like its just crossing the brook, no indication that it plows through the protected woods, you would think its just fields looking at it!
The biggest thing for me though apart from it running right behind my house I'd that junction at Simpsons bend, how can they justify that it will help putting anouther set of lights and a dual carriageway joining the a6 and think it will help!
The guy at the semmms seemed to agree about the congestion but just kept saying once this part Is built they're hoping the bredbury section would come soon but I said I don't think so with the cost of that section and the fact it's taken this long to get this scaled cut corner section!
noroadm
Banned
13th November 2012 at 2:11PM
Hi have been to poyton last night

This road to nowhere is going to riun the area

For long periods of time they failed to identify the protected woodland

High lane / Simpsons corner will be ruined as will the whole area down through Norbury brook to Macclefield Road

None of the landowners want to sell . And they won't

Don't let the council planners fool you

Please campaign against it

As part of the Paula group we will be producing banners to display near the existing signs    

Campaign and fight to protect the greenbelt around you

Do you want traffic noise , congestion , pollution and council officials patting themselves on the back for the sake of political votes ?

No we do not
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
13th November 2012 at 5:11PM
I was just thinking that somebody should put some sort of say no banners near to them big semmms signs on the a6 today!
Apparantly they're asking for your views!
Pahh don't make me laugh!
Johnington
Idler

Johnington
13th November 2012 at 11:50PM
I attended the SEMMMS consultation last weekend. On going, I was moderate to pro this, however having looked at their data I was both confused as to the point of it and alarmed by their 'traffic data'.

Firstly, this scheme seems to want to redirect traffic away from the 'congested A6' where the traffic is floeing northe into manchester. So their scheme is to firstly move the traffic west, to then direct it onto the other routes into Manchester ie the A34 or the A5103 (aka princess parkway). I'm not sure if anyone planning the SEMMMS has been on either of these roads at rush hour but they resemble car parks!!! They will be redirecting traffic to roads that seemingly are already at their capacity???? Can anyone enlighten me here??

Also, when looking at their traffic data, they said that there were 500 cars PER DAY travelling along the country lane that I live on. Believe me, if there were 20 cars a day, that would be highly unusal and so this data is wrong. When questioned about this, the SEMMMS guys could not give me an answer. If they have got this data so wrong, how can we rely on their other figures? VERY concerning.

Finally, although this is also meant to 'breathe life' back into the Hazel grove end where there is lots of congestion, what about the villages of high lane, Disley and beyond??? According to their figures, traffic will increase daily by 5000 vehicles or so, with the extra traffic trying to get into the new bypass. This will kill those villages. The passing trade etc of lorries won't increase trade as there is nowhere for them to stop and shop. It will make that traffic corridor terrible.

I have lived in Hazel grove for 4 years. I moved here knowing full well the A6 traffic issues but accepted them as it is very beautiful and rural here. The SEMMMS bypass will just create a corridor long term for more development and urban spread. And if you ask me, the grove is always pretty much buzzing when I'm there shoppibg (which I do regularly).

Manchester city council have spent LOTS of money on the Manchester airport development and it looks to me that they need to build this bypass to save face re linking up the east and west. However, without connecting this new road to the M60, the loop is not made complete and so is pointless. SPEND THE MONEY BETTER - create a FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE down the A6 to link up train stations/bus stations? Bring the tram this way?

The more I look into this bypass, the LESS SENSE IT MAKES.
iancook
Villager

iancook
30th November 2012 at 8:00PM
Again SMBC documents are saying the can do nothing about building the road over part of the ancient woodland near Simpsons Corner (Carr Wood), the documents say, it will only take 10% of 2.4ha and is therefore environmentally acceptable. BUT the Protected National Ancient Woodland Inventory only includes woods of 2ha or more. Carr Wood would therefore fall out of their Inventory and would lose the protection conferred in the Coalition's principal planning document National Planning Policy Framework Paragraph 118.

You might ask?.....”Who would want to develop this out of the way area anyway?” – your own Stockport Express records should show that back in 1993 a public outcry occurred, when that particular wood was threatened by an open cast mining application, that wanted to extract all the coal, while the then same proposed new road was being built. As a protected woodland that would not be allowed to happen today.

However…. Andrew Stunell, Hazel Grove MP recently spoke in the House, in favour of open cast mineral extraction and against an amendment to put a buffer zone of 500m between houses and the workings…….coincidence…..we wonder???
slim
Townsperson

slim
1st December 2012 at 2:18PM
No not a coincidence once the road is built the open cast mine will be back on the table ! Then all the people that I am told are in favour of the road will be crying.
noroadm
Banned
5th December 2012 at 4:12PM
Let them cry now - because it will not be built
noroadm
Banned
20th December 2012 at 11:15AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0